PDA

View Full Version : *NSFW* OMG - Piranha 3DD

Neil
29-Nov-2011, 07:27 PM
Yes, the double D in the title really means that!

*NOT WORK FRIENDLY*

Tk3NL8MwXOk

Purge
29-Nov-2011, 08:07 PM
What, the first one wasn't bad enough? And David Hasselhoff?!

bassman
29-Nov-2011, 08:19 PM
I hope it's as much silly fun as the first. Should be a fun time.

Andy
29-Nov-2011, 08:27 PM
Please tell me that wasnt christopher lloyd i saw there..

Ooohh doc brown.. what have they done to you!? :(

bassman
29-Nov-2011, 08:37 PM
Please tell me that wasnt christopher lloyd i saw there..

Ooohh doc brown.. what have they done to you!? :(

....I take it you didn't see the first movie?

slickwilly13
29-Nov-2011, 10:29 PM
Hell yeah!!! Good find. Now we know he survived and with gun-legs, too. "S" I read that they fly in this one like Piranah 2 : The Spawning.

Andy
30-Nov-2011, 08:11 AM
....I take it you didn't see the first movie?

Im not even going to dignify that with an answer sir :p

MinionZombie
30-Nov-2011, 10:24 AM
Im not even going to dignify that with an answer sir :p

I'm kind of surprised - it was a surprisingly fun flick. I was initially derisive of it, but then I actually watched it (got it on blu-ray on sale) and it was a laugh-riot. KNB do some amazing work in it. I've seen it a couple of times now - it's just a bloody good time. Tits, gore, silliness - spiffing.

Also, I might be mistaken, but this trailer seems to suggest they've taken a deleted (storyboard only) scene from the first movie - the car going into the water. You can see it on the disc (and even as a storyboard I thought it was a damn shame they couldn't fit that into the movie as it was really quite good, so I'm glad to - seemingly so - see it in this trailer). Hopefully it maintains the fun of the first, and doesn't get too cheesy (cheesy in the wrong way, or try to hard to be OTT and fun ... like Snakes On A Plane did, ugh).

bassman
29-Feb-2012, 08:11 PM
4LZCHqLMKeU

Damn, that looks awful.......And I can't wait to see it!

Neil
29-Feb-2012, 08:53 PM
1:27 - w t f ?

JDFP
29-Feb-2012, 10:28 PM

I couldn't have said it better - just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, David Hasselhoff appears!

This one is DEFINITELY a must see for me!

j.p.

MinionZombie
01-Mar-2012, 09:46 AM
Haha! That looks utterly mental ... I'll be there with bells on! :D

I sorely underestimated Piranha 3D but got it on blu-ray and found it to be a ludicrously entertaining flick, so I'm well up for another slice.

MikePizzoff
01-Mar-2012, 11:12 AM
I still haven't seen the first one, but it's been on my list.

This looks like a great movie to watch with a group of friends and some beers. Same kind of fun that Hobo With A Shotgun, Machete, and The Expendables were.

rongravy
02-Mar-2012, 01:33 AM
Looks even more epic than the first one!!!
Wonder if The "Hoff" is going to get his burger eaten...

krisvds
02-Mar-2012, 04:40 AM
4LZCHqLMKeU

Not the word i was thinking of when seeing that still ...
If it's anywhere near as shitty and entertaining as the first one count me in.

DjfunkmasterG
03-Mar-2012, 02:34 AM
I'm sold will be there day 1

slickwilly13
26-Jun-2012, 05:30 PM
I watched it earlier. It is ok, but not as good as Piranha 3d. There is less gore and the nudity is either the same or less. The movie is much better than James Cameron's sequel.

Neil
26-Jun-2012, 08:13 PM
The movie is much better than James Cameron's sequel.

Didn't Cameron shoot only parts of the film before someone else took the helm? And then supposedly he even broke into the studio to try and edit the film himself, but when discovered was kicked out?

rongravy
26-Jun-2012, 09:29 PM
I looked it up when I saw this thread. Didn't even know it was out, it came nowhere near here. The reviews I saw were pretty bad, so I'm glad I missed it.
Netflix streaming, here we come.

LouCipherr
27-Jun-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I hated the first one, this one looks to be even worse so I'll pass, thank you very much.

Looks like the film was panned in the US for sure... Internationally it's done somewhat ok (although, not sure what the real budget was for this flick) but it doesn't look like they've even broke even yet as I can't imagine the flim being made for less than $5mil

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $376,512 8.4%
+ Foreign: $4,120,138 91.6%
= Worldwide: $4,496,650

Opening Weekend: $182,237

Ouch.

bassman
27-Jun-2012, 03:31 PM
It didn't have a real opening weekend, anyway. I think it only had a handful of screens because they opened it on VOD at the same time.

I've yet to see it, but I'm hoping it's as much silly fun as the first.

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2012, 03:48 PM
I'll watch it - but on Sky Movies - I ain't paying for theatrical or DVD/BR. The budget was $20m ($4m less than the first). When I found that out, as well as there being less gore and tits, as well as barely any of the original cast or crew being involved, my interest dramatically collapsed through the floor.

Piranha 3D on the other hand - while I mocked it at first, when I actually got around to watching it (bought it on blu-ray), I found it to be ridiculously good fun.

LouCipherr
29-Jun-2012, 02:53 PM
It didn't have a real opening weekend, anyway. I think it only had a handful of screens because they opened it on VOD at the same time.

The budget was $20m ($4m less than the first).

Bass, I think you're right. Looking again, it only opened on like less than 100 screens - but regardless, even taking VOD into account, they're losing their ass on this flick big time. Maybe when it comes out on DVD they might break even, but that remains to be seen.

It's a shame people don't reject remakes like they did this sequel. :shifty:

slickwilly13
29-Jun-2012, 03:54 PM
Didn't Cameron shoot only parts of the film before someone else took the helm? And then supposedly he even broke into the studio to try and edit the film himself, but when discovered was kicked out?

Yes, that did happened.