PDA

View Full Version : You're the Last Person on Earth: What Do You Do?

JDFP
07-Dec-2011, 05:38 PM
A terrible superflu has wiped out all of humanity or a hundred other scenerios - but it all boils down to this: You realize you're the last person in the world (at least as far as you know). What do you do?

I think we've probably had this type of thread here before but it's been a long time and peoples opinions change and we have many new members now. Plus, I've been drunk since then and don't remember.

For myself: I'd have to say I'd probably first find a good bar and get pissed-drunk in thinking this is some type of cosmic joke on me ("Oh, you got me good, God!") and after that I honestly don't know what the hell I'd do.

I'd say it would be fun for the first week or so - but after that you'd probably slowly start to succumb to madness after awhile without companionship of humanity and things wouldn't be so much fun.

j.p.

-- -------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Aha! Found that pesky thread! It's actually the one right below this one (titled: "You wake up and find you're the last person on earth..."). I was wondering if I was crazy (yes, yes I am) or if I had just imagined it in a rare moment of a fit of non-alcohol-induced sobriety.

Carry on, feel free to merge me and throw tomatoes at me.

j.p.

AcesandEights
07-Dec-2011, 05:40 PM
If I literally thought I was the last person on earth? Probably cry a lot and then have a bullet for dinner, but who knows how long a survival instinct and fear of death would string me along.

Neil
07-Dec-2011, 05:43 PM
Sheeesh, how depressing... Knowing that you'll never have a meaning conversation again, and end up old and slowly starving and wilting away with no one to help you...

Imagine if you just do something like break a leg for example!

Legion2213
07-Dec-2011, 05:44 PM
I think you'd be able to amuse yourself for many years to be honest. If you kept busy, you'd be okay.

However, once you'd done everything you could think of and major depression set in, I think it would be terminal...but you'd leave a quite splendid collection of "real dolls" behind.

I wonder how many places you'd find yourself visiting, how many important buildings you'd sleep in etc. I mean, imagine slobbing around in Buckinham Palace in just your boxers, cruising around the Whitehouse in nothing but your slippers etc. I really do think you could keep yourself reasonably active for a while.

It might take decades before you accept that you really are the last man on Earth. I suppose that depends on the individual...I think what would do me in would be to go 10 years or so alone and then to randomly come across a woman who had only recently killed herself due to her own lonliness and belief that she was the last person around, that would really f*cking suck...

MinionZombie
07-Dec-2011, 06:13 PM
Last person on the planet - what would I do? Hmmm ... in movie land I'd go mental doing all sorts of crazy shit ... in reality land I'd climb to the top of the tallest available building and fling myself off it. :shifty:

EvilNed
07-Dec-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd devote 2 hours everyday with the phone book and call every-single-f*cking-number I could find.

Legion2213
07-Dec-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd devote 2 hours everyday with the phone book and call every-single-f*cking-number I could find.

Haha! Gold... :D

SymphonicX
08-Dec-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm just gonna be honest.

You know those life-like s*x dolls you can get, they're made of silicone and various rubbery materials and they look pretty creepy and real.

Well I'd probably get one of those, name it Lusi.

Mike70
08-Dec-2011, 01:29 PM
i'd stand in the middle of the city everyday with a bullhorn yelling "Hello!" ...wait, that's been done before.

i enjoy being alone for long periods (in fact, i hardly ever leave my house) but after awhile, it would start wearing even on me to the point where i'd probably start naming fire hydrants and having conversations with trees. shooting dogs would probably become my new hobby and i'd probably end up having as many cats as the crazy old coot at the end of "logan's run."

bassman
08-Dec-2011, 02:42 PM

You know those life-like s*x dolls you can get, they're made of silicone and various rubbery materials and they look pretty creepy and real.

That's exactly what you said in the previous thread on the subject. Then we broke into a debate over which is better, sex dolls or masturbation. :lol:

AcesandEights
08-Dec-2011, 02:49 PM

That's exactly what you said in the previous thread on the subject.

Hmmm, and a pattern starts to form http://myco-tek.org/images/smilies/SmileyHmm.gif

SymphonicX
08-Dec-2011, 03:01 PM
That's exactly what you said in the previous thread on the subject. Then we broke into a debate over which is better, sex dolls or masturbation. :lol:

lol it's true. I've got a weird fascination with those things - not in that weird leg rubbing way - but I've always wanted to get one made up of a girl that I hate, and have it fall out of a wardrobe on her. Hilarious trolling could be had with one of those things!!!!

But if there was no one else left on earth...I'd probably shag it.

MinionZombie
08-Dec-2011, 05:00 PM
Symph is only saying what everyone else is thinking. :lol:

The truth is sexy ... or creepy ... or both. :sneaky:

EvilNed
08-Dec-2011, 05:15 PM
This topic came up at work today, and we got this great idea. Start researching into artificial birth and insemination. Create new human beings from stored sperm banks and eggs. Then teach them a slightly revised version of human history where you are god.

Also, for fun, I would drop very heavy objects from great heights. Onto cars.

Bad Ronald
08-Dec-2011, 06:16 PM
Get out of this pillbox and move to the Occi.Tower and leave this bad chess player behind.

Maybe found a Laughing Academy my students can be all dusty mannequins.

Set up cameras everywhere to guarantee there will be found footage.

Burn down or blow up one medium sized metropolis.

Run around Yankee stadium bases nude with an large bag of cheese doodles.

Drive Formula 1 cars before gas goes bad.

Ned,there's no phone ringing.NO PHONE

EvilNed
08-Dec-2011, 07:32 PM

:lol:

Sammich
08-Dec-2011, 07:42 PM
Since I don't like people and hate noise, it would be fantastical for me.

rongravy
08-Dec-2011, 11:03 PM
Finally be able to spank it in peace, or make my own Fifi. Grow my own kickass bud. Get a volleyball and name it Wilson?

Mike70
09-Dec-2011, 01:20 AM

+1000 for an "Omegaman" reference.

shootemindehead
10-Dec-2011, 10:22 AM
So long as I have some sort of generator for electricity. I'd be fine.

Get in a few dogs for company and live out the rest of my 40 or 50 years, rewatching old DVD's and making model airplanes and tanks.

Bad Ronald
10-Dec-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ronald View Post

What does Ned purport to imply in this response?

I am running Firefox locked down to the equivalent of the 90's web browser Lynx so my wifi leeching will
be tolerated.

Site needs more picture responses,...someone dig up MoonSyl pronto. /s

Mike70
10-Dec-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ronald View Post

What does Ned purport to imply in this response?

I am running Firefox locked down to the equivalent of the 90's web browser Lynx so my wifi leeching will
be tolerated.

Site needs more picture responses,...someone dig up MoonSyl pronto. /s

can't speak for ned but i laughed because i thought it was a reference to "the omega man." the scene where charlton heston is being driven nearly bonkers by phantom phones ringing.

Bad Ronald
11-Dec-2011, 08:09 AM
You thought right.

I would have sent you a message to avoid thread clutter but with my settings and the horrible coding here some elements have 4 links all mashed together.
Personal messages are impossible even from your profile.

Guess its all geared to people running the latest tech.

Running along,.....

If it's only people I would start a wolf clan or ride elephants from the zoo
and whip tigers or surround my self with bobcats/mountain cat and punch myself in the chest then disappear.

EvilNed
11-Dec-2011, 11:02 AM
Yes, I laughed at the Omega Man reference as well, nicely tied up with my intention of calling everyone in the phone book.

Mike70
11-Dec-2011, 04:53 PM
So long as I have some sort of generator for electricity. I'd be fine.

Get in a few dogs for company and live out the rest of my 40 or 50 years, rewatching old DVD's and making model airplanes and tanks.

you could train the dogs to run on a treadmill to generate electricity after the local supply of fuel runs out. could be your own version of "gilligan's island" only without the lagoon front view and most importantly, without ginger (or are you a mary ann fan?)

shootemindehead
11-Dec-2011, 06:06 PM
And train the one of the dogs to make the models airplanes.

That should use up a bit of time.

Never seen a single episode of Giligans Island.

AcesandEights
12-Dec-2011, 12:36 AM
Never seen a single episode of Giligans Island.

How is that even possible? I know you're not too young for it, right?

MinionZombie
12-Dec-2011, 09:21 AM

Shows like that have, as far as I'm aware, never shown in Britain and Ireland.

MikePizzoff
12-Dec-2011, 11:53 AM
Ever after years of not seeing another human being, I'd still be super weary of entering buildings. My nerves would be shot and I'd always be on edge, just waiting for some lunatic to pop out from a dark room. I don't think I'd have very much fun.

shootemindehead
12-Dec-2011, 12:53 PM

Ireland.

We just wouldn't have got it. I'm in my 30's now and remember old US shows like 'Green Acres' 'Dusty's Trail' and 'I love Lucy' etc, but 'Gilligan's Island' was never shown on Irish or British TV, like MZ said.

Strange, coz we eventually got lots of odd stuff, like 'BJ and the Bear', or 'Tails of the Gloden Monkey' and crap like that. Just never got 'Gilligan's Island' for some reason. Not that I'm complaining though, I'd probably hate it! :D

MinionZombie
12-Dec-2011, 05:40 PM
Ireland.

We just wouldn't have got it. I'm in my 30's now and remember old US shows like 'Green Acres' 'Dusty's Trail' and 'I love Lucy' etc, but 'Gilligan's Island' was never shown on Irish or British TV, like MZ said.

Strange, coz we eventually got lots of odd stuff, like 'BJ and the Bear', or 'Tails of the Gloden Monkey' and crap like that. Just never got 'Gilligan's Island' for some reason. Not that I'm complaining though, I'd probably hate it! :D

A quick lesson in American Television History from Glove And Boots! :D

IyYo3Hm6pS4&feature=g-

shootemindehead
12-Dec-2011, 06:58 PM
Ha ha...

"So many Law and Orders...and they're all the same!"

EvilNed
12-Dec-2011, 07:21 PM
Shit, we even had Gilligan's Island in the USSR.

SymphonicX
13-Dec-2011, 01:21 PM
I saw The Love Boat once...that was phenomenal. Great late night, all back from clubbing type of show to make us laugh. Couldn't figure out if it was a comedy or not though....