PDA

View Full Version : "American Psycho" to be redone.

Purge
09-Dec-2011, 02:02 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/08/idUS141443348220111208

Make it stooooooooooooooooooooooop! :barf::mad:

AcesandEights
09-Dec-2011, 02:04 AM
I normally don't freak out about this remake stuff, but this is horrible. :|

JDFP
09-Dec-2011, 02:07 AM
Frakking nuts!

That's all.

Pardon the Caprican.

j.p.

ProfessorChaos
09-Dec-2011, 02:45 AM
eh, count me out. i enjoy the first film, but it pales in comparison to the book. i seriously doubt this heap will even come close to either in terms of quality.

set in modern times + anti-wall street sentiment + nobody can touch bale as bateman = nofuckingthanks

hollywood is so fucked it's unbelievable. remakes and sequels account for probably 90% of what they "make" these days.

Mike70
09-Dec-2011, 03:56 AM
hollywood is so fucked it's unbelievable. remakes and sequels account for probably 90% of what they "make" these days.

well let's see, a studio/production company already owns a property that is a proven hit with a ready made fan base. is it easier to, oh say, have some imagination, develop new ideas and foster creativity, which takes time, money and could lead to nowhere - particularly if the new project is original, thoughtful and is bereft of cliche characters/situations OR simply re-ride a pony that's already brought in the bucks when all you have to do is put a new saddle on it.

bassman
09-Dec-2011, 12:23 PM
I....I......I have to return some video tapes.

LouCipherr
09-Dec-2011, 04:35 PM
eh, count me out. i enjoy the first film, but it pales in comparison to the book. i seriously doubt this heap will even come close to either in terms of quality.

set in modern times + anti-wall street sentiment + nobody can touch bale as bateman = nofuckingthanks

So, if it's set in modern times, what I wanna know is, how could this POSSIBLY be considered a "remake"?? I mean, wasn't the book and movie placed in the 80's?

Oh, and PC is correct - if you haven't read the book, you seriously need to. I thought the movie was great (mostly because of BATEman playing the lead) but oh wow, the book was DISTURBING!

I....I......I have to return some video tapes.

:lol: Good one. :D

SymphonicX
09-Dec-2011, 04:41 PM
The book makes you feel insane. Literally. It's so brilliantly written. Bateman's detailed descriptions on what each and every character is wearing is just mind bending....to the point where it makes you stir crazy.

Legion2213
10-Dec-2011, 12:45 AM
I hope everybody involved in this is horribly murdered - Patrick Bateman style.

The original movie is top draw, they knew they couldn't reproduce the book faithfully, so they focused on the smaller picture and the "lighter" stuff...and it worked a charm, Bale was Godlike in this flick, absolutely fantastic.

http://www.heyokay.com/images/feed%20me%20a%20stray%20cat.jpg

MinionZombie
10-Dec-2011, 10:42 AM
Agreed - remaking this flick is a moronic idea. The original movie is perfect - it needs to be left alone ... damn I should totally re-watch that flick (yet again :)).

I'm with Lou and Symph - you guys should definitely check out the book. It's bloody mental. Some of the stuff that goes on in that book they'd never be allowed to film. :eek: But it's also a great read.

Neil
27-Dec-2011, 08:51 AM
Bit more news - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/American-Psycho-Remake-Works-Set-Modern-Times-28258.html

According to Variety, the studio has hired Noble Jones to write and direct a new version of American Psycho. Unlike the first film, which only came out in 2000, the remake won't be set in the 80s, but will instead be modernized, with the story looking at "how Bateman would fare in modern day Gotham." Jones is a fairly new filmmaker, as his only previous credit is as a second unit director on David Fincher's The Social Network. The story says that while the project is in development, it hasn't yet been greenlit. Jones pitched the project months ago and recently turned in his first draft of the script.

bassman
27-Dec-2011, 02:49 PM
As they say on the special features for the original film, I don't believe this story can work as well in a modern setting. A large portion of the film's charm is the 80's environment.

So I guess now Bateman will be smoking meth while talking about Lady Gaga? :rolleyes:

Danny
27-Dec-2011, 03:25 PM
they made a sequel set in modern day. it blew. follow that train of thought.

MinionZombie
27-Dec-2011, 05:02 PM
No doubt they'll force some bullshitty, hand-wringing, self-righteous, ham-fisted 'message' about "evil bankers" and their "mega bonuses" and blah-blah-blah.

Re-doing it is such a moronic idea. The book was great, the movie was great - end of. Leave it. Nuff said. Done.