PDA

View Full Version : Save the Chapel again on the Post-Gazette...letter of support from George A. Romero

Philly_SWAT
10-Dec-2011, 01:34 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201112/20111208vidgrab_dead_330.jpg

Zombies may be slow moving but the campaign to save a key backdrop in the opening scenes of "Night of the Living Dead" is picking up steam, money and an endorsement from George A. Romero.

To read the entire article, and Romero's letter, click here. (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11343/1195581-60.stm?cmpid=newspanel0)

ProfessorChaos
10-Dec-2011, 05:21 AM
so did romero contribute any finances towards the project? or did he just write this letter of support? seems to me like he ought to put his money where his mouth is....

Trancelikestate
10-Dec-2011, 04:06 PM
At this rate though it looks like it's gonna happen! Good work Gary!!!!! (I'm not speaking too soon. :p)

Yojimbo
10-Dec-2011, 07:16 PM
At this rate though it looks like it's gonna happen! Good work Gary!!!!! (I'm not speaking too soon. :p)
Gary does deserve a lot of credit for making this happen - especially given how apathetic a lot of folks are about this cause.

Tricia Martin
30-Dec-2011, 07:46 PM
AH! Thank you so much for posting this! I'm working with Gary to help save the chapel. Are you going to the Hollywood theater for George's birthday? Gary called me earlier to see if my husband and I can make it- hopefully we will!

-- -------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Gary does deserve a lot of credit for making this happen - especially given how apathetic a lot of folks are about this cause.

Man! I am so surprised by how many self-professed Romero fans think it's stupid to save the chapel! I've heard it all.."Why waste your efforts to save a broken down old building? Just let it rot." etc...But what REALLY amazes me is, Gary told me that when he went to one of the zombie walks he was taken back by how many of the participants had no idea who George is..hahaa! I mean- they are at a zombie walk! hahaa! Who do they think started it all? (of course with NOTLD they were Ghouls...not zombies) I've also had people tell me I'm rude for telling them about the deal with the chapel...how is that rude? I don't spam people- I just bring it up in conversation. Ah- it is what it is...

-- -------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

so did romero contribute any finances towards the project? or did he just write this letter of support? seems to me like he ought to put his money where his mouth is....

George is supporting us just fine. Honestly, I'd rather all of us work hard at raising the funds for the chapel. If George were to plop down the 50 grand we need, it would cheapen the cause somehow. Not to mention- because we are all working so hard together, I've met some truly amazing people that I feel comfortable calling friends now. Gary, Kyra, and Joe Barbarisi- and so many more! If George had just sent a check to Gary, none of us would have ever met. That would have been sad.

JDFP
30-Dec-2011, 07:54 PM
Save the Clock Tower! Save the Clock Tower!

Oh wait, wrong thread...

j.p.

Tricia Martin
31-Dec-2011, 06:10 PM
Save the Clock Tower! Save the Clock Tower!

Oh wait, wrong thread...

j.p.

HAHAHA! Christopher Lloyd already saved that one...hahaa!