PDA

View Full Version : The Dictator (film)

Neil
14-Dec-2011, 01:47 PM
OK, the last thirty seconds of the trailer is priceless!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dictator-Trailer-Sacha-Baron-Cohen-His-Giant-Beard-Take-Manhattan-28354.html

bassman
14-Dec-2011, 01:51 PM
Most of the trailer was a disappointment but you're right.....that last scene had me laughing.

I'm glad to see it's not another "trick" film.

EvilNed
14-Dec-2011, 02:01 PM
I think he's funny, so I'll catch it. Doesn't look like a masterpiece tho.

Neil
20-Dec-2011, 11:54 AM
The Dictator's Admiral General Aladeen Responds To The Death Of Kim Jong Il

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dictator-Admiral-General-Aladeen-Responds-Death-Kim-Jong-Il-28438.html

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM HIS EXCELLENCY ADMIRAL GENERAL ALADEEN - SUPREME LEADER, ALL TRIUMPHANT GENERAL AND CHIEF OPTHAMOLOGIST OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF WADIYA

I am saddened to learn of the passing of my dear friend Kim Jong-Il. Our thoughts go out to his wife and 813 children. “K-Jo” was a great leader, good friend and average double’s badminton partner. He died as he lived, in 3-inch lifts. An extraordinary man, he did so much to spread compassion, wisdom and uranium throughout the world.

On behalf of myself, Ahmadinejad, Chavez and Newt Gingrinch, we would like to welcome his son, Kin Jong Un into the "Axis of Evil”

Neil
28-Mar-2012, 07:42 AM
DS2lURW4JSI

Andy
28-Mar-2012, 01:16 PM
Looks...... embarrasingly bad :|

Neil
28-Mar-2012, 01:20 PM
Looks...... embarrasingly bad :|

I find alot of his stuff extremely hit & miss. But it is funny when it hits :)

AcesandEights
28-Mar-2012, 04:49 PM
Saw this thread pop back up today and immediately thought it was about the Great Dictator.

I agree that Cohen's style is hit and miss, but to me that speaks more of his ability to make a lot of people laugh at one point or another, and as Neil said, when he hits its usually satisfying. That said, I can only take his stuff in limited doses and have yet to see Bruno. I think the Dictator may be a bit too telegraphed with a lot of the shticks, but I'll probably still appreciate some of the stuff when I get around to checking it out.

Neil
28-Mar-2012, 06:47 PM
and have yet to see Bruno.
Watch the first ten mins :)

EvilNed
30-Mar-2012, 05:22 PM
I thought Borat was priceless, as was Ali G. Bruno I didn't like the first time around, too much like Borat. But after rewatching it recently, and in the right company, I have to say that it's started to grow on me.

acealive1
02-Apr-2012, 07:51 PM
i've been waiting on this film to come out so he can hurry up and get the queen bio pic up and running

-- -------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I thought Borat was priceless, as was Ali G. Bruno I didn't like the first time around, too much like Borat. But after rewatching it recently, and in the right company, I have to say that it's started to grow on me.

borat was hysterical to me. and ali g's NBA playoffs commercials were just funny as hell.

Neil
15-May-2012, 08:46 PM
AICN like it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55740

Danny
15-May-2012, 09:04 PM
love his previous works but really? this? i dont think theres going to be a single gag in it we havent seen before. white people being stupid and missing points and jumping to conclusions, the dictator being a jolly guy who takes mirth in mistreating his people, this is real old hat.

Mike70
16-May-2012, 04:43 PM
Saw this thread pop back up today and immediately thought it was about the Great Dictator.

No Aces, this thread is not about Andy. :lol::p

Sammich
16-May-2012, 10:08 PM
I find Cohen and Sarah Silverman as funny as a gangrenous leg. Their "schtick" isn't funny but just mean spirited and crude.

AcesandEights
16-May-2012, 10:26 PM
i dont think theres going to be a single gag in it we havent seen before.

I have to say you might be right. Not only is the premise kind of old hat, but I also feel like I've seen half or more of the movie by the way they've been drip-feeding us the promos and trailers for the film. I think there's been about 3 or 4 times over the last year I thought this film was either coming out within the next week or two, or already out.

Andy
17-May-2012, 11:48 AM
No Aces, this thread is not about Andy. :lol::p

HEY! i prefer 'Emperor' thankyou..

I find Cohen and Sarah Silverman as funny as a gangrenous leg. Their "schtick" isn't funny but just mean spirited and crude.

Seconded, i still stand by my earlier 'This movie looks embarrassing'.. i wont be watching it.

rongravy
19-Jul-2012, 04:55 AM
Getting ready to see this in about 15 minutes so I'm speed baking to retard myself down enough to the level of this movie. It was either this, or What to Expect, or Chimpanzee, so I decided to give SBC a chance.
I still think he'd make a great Zappa. Back semi soon to tell if it sucks donkey balls or not. Ha, as if anyone cares. I figure my love for Sandler probably killed any chance of that.
Toodles.

-- -------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

I laughed my ass off watching this. Maybe I'm just in a good mood because I guffawed more than a few times at all the horribly bad things he did. Very short movie, too. I saw it free so I thought it was definitely worth every penny.
Glad I picked it over Chimpanzee.

Neil
19-Jul-2012, 09:48 AM
^^ On the back of your comments, I'll try and see this now!