EvilNed
23-Dec-2011, 10:06 AM
Seems kinda fun.

MinionZombie
23-Dec-2011, 11:15 AM
Saw this movie a few months back - here's what I made of it:

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2011/05/hextuple-bill-mini-musings-art.html

Rubber:
The movie about a killer car tyre - who the hell wouldn't want to see it?! Well, half of it anyway. The half that follows the tyre discovering its powers and exploding heads is enjoyably daft ... but the other half is an eye-rollingly pretentious load of old bollocks, that is so self aware it's not in the slightest bit funny, witty, or entertaining. If all that wasn't in the movie, it'd be a spiffing 40 minutes - or personally, I would have gone in a different direction with such an idea as a killer car tyre.

The opening monologue, about "no reason", is apparently supposed to be ironic. Now, is that because none of the examples given demonstrate "no reason" at all, or is it ironic for another reason and the annoying monologue is actually being serious? I enjoyed the silliness of the cop arriving in the trunk of a police car, which knocked over a series of chairs in the middle of a road, but for goodness sake I didn't need the poncy-arsed bullshit that came afterwards and was dotted throughout the movie. So it's a very split flick - one half of it is total crap that thinks far too much of itself, and the other half is an enjoyable askew idea of a killer car tyre blowing up people's heads in and around the desert motel that was memorably featured in Rob Zombie's wonderful The Devil's Rejects.

slickwilly13
24-Dec-2011, 06:16 PM
That's funny. You guys spell tires as tyres. "L" I forgot that I recorded this movie a few days ago. I need to check it out this weekend.

MikePizzoff
24-Dec-2011, 09:25 PM
NOW we have zombie tires? This movie has been out for at least a year. No offense, Neil, but someone's gotta be cocky. :D

Neil
24-Dec-2011, 10:01 PM
NOW we have zombie tires? This movie has been out for at least a year. No offense, Neil, but someone's gotta be cocky. :D

Maybe we were lucky to not get it over here when it was originally released! :)

MinionZombie
25-Dec-2011, 09:43 AM
Maybe we were lucky to not get it over here when it was originally released! :)

It's been out in the UK on DVD/Blu-Ray for months. :p:D

Neil
25-Dec-2011, 07:00 PM
It's been out in the UK on DVD/Blu-Ray for months. :p:D

OK... Ok... Maybe I was just lucky enough to not spot it when it was released over here? :)

MinionZombie
26-Dec-2011, 09:52 AM
OK... Ok... Maybe I was just lucky enough to not spot it when it was released over here? :)

hehe ... well half the movie is good, but the other half is shoved so firmly up its own arse that it loops around on itself several times. Half good/half utter garbage.

slickwilly13
26-Dec-2011, 04:31 PM
I watched it last night with friends and high as a kite. We found it quite enjoyable. Though the ending drug on. Did not know they kid from the Halloween remake is in it.

I love how the tire was taken down at the end.

Purge
02-Aug-2012, 03:17 PM
Had to bump this old thread to chime in. Saw it the other night, and while I appreciate the attempt to be original--no. Just no.

LouCipherr
02-Aug-2012, 04:00 PM
hehe ... well half the movie is good, but the other half is shoved so firmly up its own arse that it loops around on itself several times. Half good/half utter garbage.

^^^ This!

I was this close to doing a "I have shamed myself..." thread about this flick a few months back, but I decided against it. It was so stupid it was hilarious!

It was certainly better than Sharktopus, Snow White & The Huntsman, and Silent House. Not much better, but better none the less.

Y'know why this movie was made?
No reason.

Y'know why people watch it?
No reason.

:lol:

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2012, 04:48 PM
Ugh, that "no reason" diatribe was pretentious horseshit ... not to mention technically incorrect throughout. :lol:

There were numerous cool parts to the movie, but there was an equal amount of utter dreck too.

LouCipherr
02-Aug-2012, 05:14 PM
Ugh, that "no reason" diatribe was pretentious horseshit ... not to mention technically incorrect throughout. :lol:

Pretentious? Perhaps... but technically incorrect throughout? I remember his speech, but I can't figure out where it was technically incorrect...?

I do, however, have to claim ignorance to his quotes about The Pianist and Love Story, as I haven't seen either one. The rest of his little monologue was spot-on accurate unless I'm missing something obvious...??

Either way, this is a great movie to get blitzed out of your mind and watch - if you can handle something that's so off the wall even the concept doesn't make much sense. :lol: :D

Hey MZ, y'know why I, personally, watched this movie?
No reason.

MinionZombie
02-Aug-2012, 05:49 PM
Pretentious? Perhaps... but technically incorrect throughout? I remember his speech, but I can't figure out where it was technically incorrect...?

I do, however, have to claim ignorance to his quotes about The Pianist and Love Story, as I haven't seen either one. The rest of his little monologue was spot-on accurate unless I'm missing something obvious...??

Either way, this is a great movie to get blitzed out of your mind and watch - if you can handle something that's so off the wall even the concept doesn't make much sense. :lol: :D

Hey MZ, y'know why I, personally, watched this movie?
No reason.

I suppose what I was trying to get at, as I'd said earlier in the thread/in my review of the movie from a while back, was:

The opening monologue, about "no reason", is apparently supposed to be ironic. Now, is that because none of the examples given demonstrate "no reason" at all, or is it ironic for another reason and the annoying monologue is actually being serious? I enjoyed the silliness of the cop arriving in the trunk of a police car, which knocked over a series of chairs in the middle of a road, but for goodness sake I didn't need the poncy-arsed bullshit that came afterwards and was dotted throughout the movie.

I quite clearly remember watching the movie and pointing out in my mind that every example of "no reason" given, in fact had a very clear reason behind it happening. :lol: None of them had any connection to just tossing together random ideas for "no reason" (which, I'd still wager, have some reason to them afterall, as the ideas present themselves in your mind because of a confluence of events and creative sparks in the mind of the writer ... indeed, you could argue that "inspiration" from out of nowhere is a form of "reason" too).