PDA

View Full Version : Review: New Zed Order: Survive by Todd Sprague

Sammich
25-Dec-2011, 08:27 PM
New Zed Order: Survive by Todd Sprague

http://www.amazon.com/New-Zed-Order-Todd-Sprague/dp/1934861693/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324846763&sr=8-1

I just finished this one and it was a decent zombie novel. If you have been listening to the audio play series "We're Alive" the stories are somewhat similar in that they both follow a growing group of survivors trying to hold out during the zombie apocalypse, "We're Alive" taking place on the west coast and New Zed in the North East.

What really caught my attention was that author either has much experience with or did much research into firearms. In most other books of this type gun terminology and such usually gets jumbled and innacurate but this is not the case with New Zed. It was refreshing to hear the word "magazine" being used instead of the often misused "clip".

The main characters are all regular folks, not the usual ex-special forces navy seal airborne types. This lends once again to helping the reader identify with the major players. The only identified military are minor characters, one that served in Iraq and another in vietnam.

The zombies ranged from shamblers to runners and was dependent upon the freshness of death. The standard rule of destroy the brain and you destroy the zombie applied. The method of zombification was through bites and appeared to be caused by some type of virus.

The book isn't without faults though. The story ends somewhat abruptly leaving several major issues unresolved.

I give New Zed Order 4 out of 5 stars.