PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead prequel?

kidgloves
04-Jan-2012, 06:30 PM
According to this guy Sam Witwer (US version of Being Human) and tank zombie it was going to happen. Very damning and frustrating beyond belief but also very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uCyjdBac6p4

Andy
04-Jan-2012, 06:45 PM
Im sorry all i heard then was 6 minutes of a guy whining.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iyE0fPquQ4g/Tswk6I497-I/AAAAAAAAA2U/7TJYryoSy0w/s1600/whine.jpg

kidgloves
04-Jan-2012, 07:11 PM
Im sorry all i heard then was 6 minutes of a guy whining.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iyE0fPquQ4g/Tswk6I497-I/AAAAAAAAA2U/7TJYryoSy0w/s1600/whine.jpg

Really?
Personally I found it VERY interesting seeing as legalities prevent Darabont from speaking out.

bassman
04-Jan-2012, 07:33 PM
I had no idea he was the tank zombie! It's so obvious now that I look at it.

The "Black Hawk Down with zombies" could have been something really cool. Too bad they pushed Darabont out. Sounds like he had lots of great things planned out for many years ahead...

kidgloves
04-Jan-2012, 08:02 PM
I had no idea he was the tank zombie! It's so obvious now that I look at it.

The "Black Hawk Down with zombies" could have been something really cool. Too bad they pushed Darabont out. Sounds like he had lots of great things planned out for many years ahead...

Theres a part of me that cant help thinking Darabont was too personally involved with this and really did have difficulty adjusting to the TV enviroment. We've both seen what a kid in a candy store attitude he had in the special edition extras so its not a stretch to think that he wanted badly to expand the series way beyond what AMC execs envisioned. This Witwer guy seems to have an inside track and everything he says ties up with what we've read about Franks departure. Not sure about his take on the crew being "trapped" though. Thats not the impression I get from the people still involved with TWD and with what I've read/seen.

acealive1
05-Jan-2012, 12:16 AM
is that the soldier from the mist?

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2012, 10:24 AM
is that the soldier from the mist?

Yep.

I would hope that the budget is increased for Season 3 - especially as TWD has continued to be such a popular show - that would make sense to me.

Rancid Carcass
05-Jan-2012, 11:47 AM
So...er... a prequel to The Walking Dead... that'd be like what... The Lying Down Dead? :elol:

Thorn
05-Jan-2012, 02:52 PM
So...er... a prequel to The Walking Dead... that'd be like what... The Lying Down Dead? :elol:

Or just 'The Dead" maybe even.... "Nothing Special about the Dead".

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2012, 04:30 PM
Or just 'The Dead" maybe even.... "Nothing Special about the Dead".

Or how about "The Living" ... people just, you know, doing everyday shit. :sneaky:

bassman
05-Jan-2012, 04:35 PM
So...er... a prequel to The Walking Dead... that'd be like what... The Lying Down Dead?

Just curious for those making the faux titles.....did you watch the video or are you making jokes off the thread title alone? The prequel would have still involved walkers. It would've been about the fall of Atlanta.

MinionZombie
05-Jan-2012, 04:54 PM
Just curious for those making the faux titles.....did you watch the video or are you making jokes off the thread title alone? The prequel would have still involved walkers. It would've been about the fall of Atlanta.

Personally I'm just having fun on the title - I did watch the video, so with my sensible cap on then yes, it was about the fall of Atlanta ... but with my silly cap on I'm having a gentle chuckle about the title of the thread/basic general notion of a TWD prequel where it's just about living people. :D

Rancid Carcass
05-Jan-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, just having fun with the idea that in a prequel you (usually), get to see what the characters were doing before we got to know them - and what would dead people be doing before we got to see them in a zombie apocalypse, well, basically, lying down... Would make for a thrilling 13 part series! Go AMC!

/silly mode off...

:D

Andy
05-Jan-2012, 07:54 PM
Personally I'm just having fun on the title - I did watch the video, so with my sensible cap on then yes, it was about the fall of Atlanta ... but with my silly cap on I'm having a gentle chuckle about the title of the thread/basic general notion of a TWD prequel where it's just about living people. :D

http://old.arrivalguides.com/Destinations/ATLANTA/Images/shopping_large.jpg

BEHOLD!

Mr.G
06-Jan-2012, 12:11 AM

Twitching dead or perhaps they just died but they're coming to get you Barbara dead.

MinionZombie
06-Jan-2012, 09:56 AM
http://old.arrivalguides.com/Destinations/ATLANTA/Images/shopping_large.jpg

BEHOLD!

I'll order 24 episodes! :D

Eyebiter
06-Jan-2012, 02:35 PM
If Frank wants to work with zombies again, he could always approach Valve for a film adaption of Left 4 Dead.

bassman
06-Jan-2012, 02:54 PM
Whatever Darabont does next, I hope he continues with horror for a bit. Both The Mist and TWD were instantly added to my favorite horror film list.

Of course if he decides to do something more like Shawshank/Mile/Majectic, that would be just fine as well. Truth be told....I'll be excited to watch any damn thing the man does. He hasn't made a bad film yet.

Thorn
07-Jan-2012, 12:46 PM
I just watched season one on Blue Ray last night and have to be honest, I think Frank would do amazing work on per-quels for TWD, is work is just brilliant and seeing how the crap hit the fan especially in Atlanta and the areas we have seen so far would be a really enjoyable romp.

kidgloves
07-Jan-2012, 05:07 PM
I just watched season one on Blue Ray last night and have to be honest, I think Frank would do amazing work on per-quels for TWD, is work is just brilliant and seeing how the crap hit the fan especially in Atlanta and the areas we have seen so far would be a really enjoyable romp.

Did you get the Special Edition Thorn? The extras are outstanding.

Thorn
08-Jan-2012, 12:15 AM

Oh yeah, I have not watched them yet though.. .I am on that right now ;) thanks for the reminder!

generalzodd
24-Jan-2012, 05:13 PM
hehe.. saw this thread and thought a good title would be , " Why Are the Dead Getting Up" :)

Thorn
24-Jan-2012, 06:54 PM

Really, really outstanding I wanted to report and thanks for the reminder again I would have missed them I am sure.