PDA

View Full Version : [.REC]3 GENESIS oh dear....

Danny
05-Jan-2012, 04:01 AM
no2VUVVMeXU

WELP. Theres the series officially not ending where it should have.

So yeah, a third rec film thats also the set up for a 4th called .REC: apocalypse.

So it seems all the stuff in 2, where its revealed it IS demonic possession and magic after all? nope. its just another zombie virus after all. and this is just a run of the mill straight to dvd level zombie movie too.

Lame.

I love the first 2 to bits. but loving a series doesnt always mean wanting more.

i was surprised to hear both this AND pararnomal activity 4 were in the works. sometimes a good idea thats cheap to make wont be allowed to die.
id make a zombie related pun but you know em all by now.

*apparently theres already threads with the ittle 40 second teaser trailer instead of this long one, but search only showed them up now. sods law. still, now you know theres a 4th one too. .....yay?

clanglee
05-Jan-2012, 08:18 AM
Looks ok I guess.. . but this one is not even POV. . .seems odd.

krisvds
05-Jan-2012, 09:44 AM
WELP. Theres the series officially not ending where it should have.

So yeah, a third rec film thats also the set up for a 4th called .REC: apocalypse.

So it seems all the stuff in 2, where its revealed it IS demonic possession and magic after all? nope. its just another zombie virus after all. and this is just a run of the mill straight to dvd level zombie movie too.

Lame.

I love the first 2 to bits. but loving a series doesnt always mean wanting more.

i was surprised to hear both this AND pararnomal activity 4 were in the works. sometimes a good idea thats cheap to make wont be allowed to die.
id make a zombie related pun but you know em all by now.

*apparently theres already threads with the ittle 40 second teaser trailer instead of this long one, but search only showed them up now. sods law. still, now you know theres a 4th one too. .....yay?

You sure about that? It's not exactly obvious from that trailer. Maybe they will find a way to properly link this with the original two. i do hope so because i really liked those films. This trailer doesn't seem that bad. One can hope...

Danny
05-Jan-2012, 09:40 PM
You sure about that? It's not exactly obvious from that trailer. Maybe they will find a way to properly link this with the original two. i do hope so because i really liked those films. This trailer doesn't seem that bad. One can hope...

well the press for it says 'the zombie plague has broken out of the building and spread, setting up the scene of a wedding ruined on the eve of .rec: apocalypse.

AcesandEights
06-Jan-2012, 05:54 PM
It's funny that I heard about the 4th 'Apocalypse' film before I heard about this one. Looks like the franchise is getting whacky, but I may check out 3 and 4, even still.

EvilNed
07-Jan-2012, 12:48 PM
Disagree with you there, Danny. Looks awesome, and I see no evidence in the trailer that this could not be played as a demonic possession thing.

The press using the word "plague" is probably just a way to simplify it for marketing or press release reasons.

As for the lack of POV, I have to say I don't mind it either. They did it twice and it's a tough concept to keep re-inventing. So a break away from it could be good.

Mike70
07-Jan-2012, 01:55 PM
don't you hate it when one family shows their asses at a wedding?

anyhoo, a 3rd movie?? i'll probably end up seeing this one just for shits and giggles.

.REC 4:Apocalypse....that sounds familiar.

-- -------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

As for the lack of POV, I have to say I don't mind it either. They did it twice and it's a tough concept to keep re-inventing. So a break away from it could be good.

i'm all for the lack of POV. i really cannot stand its use in film and wish it would be banned from films.

Danny
07-Jan-2012, 11:57 PM

yeah i agree with that, before i watched the trailer i thought to myself 'if this is another pov one its getting kind of gauche aint it?' and was surprised to see they were changing it.

still looks kinda janky to me, but at least they have the balls to try something different i suppose.