PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here seen 'Zombie Holocaust?'

daz of the dead
06-Jan-2012, 10:30 PM
i bought it the other day, and i thought it was atrocious, i heard that it was similer to lucio fulci's zombie, and the make up was similer, was it fuck, the make up as terrible as was the, please guys if you have seen this movie id love to hear your thoughts.

rZktVWhsw9E

Mr.G
07-Jan-2012, 03:40 AM
I thought it was crap BUT I don't like most of the Europe style zombie movies. The exception would be Shaun and hopefully, when I get the chance to see it, The Dead.

Tricia Martin
07-Jan-2012, 11:01 AM
Someone compared it to Fulci? hahahaa! NOT! Yeah- pretty bad film...

EvilNed
07-Jan-2012, 12:25 PM
I love it. Classic euro trash, with Ian McCulloch from Zombie Flesh Eaters and Contamination. I love italian horror, tho and I can see people bringing down the hammer on this kinda stuff. But for me, it's gold.

fulci fan
09-Jan-2012, 05:00 AM
I watch this movie for the music. Beautiful and rare soundtrack. They used the same church set and some locations are the same as Zombi 2. They even use a shot from Zombi 2 when The land rover is driving through the village past a donkey. Some effects in this movie are terrible and some are really well done.

This is the type of movie you have to watch high. :)

The bluray just came out too

krisvds
14-Jan-2012, 06:11 AM
Have to agree. If anything, those 'classic' itallo-horrors had brilliant soundtracks.
Like the film as well, though it's more of a 'jungle horror/cannibal movie than a straight 'undead' film. I really like these old adventurous exploitation films. Not for the gore alone, those films were way too weird and wonderfull to be dismissed as just gorefests.

daz of the dead
14-Jan-2012, 01:06 PM
i completly agree with what your saying and i really loved 'zombie' and ive seen 'the house by the cemetery' it was alright, ive ordered 'city of the living dead' so i cant speak for that yet, but 'zombie holocaust to me anyway had nothing going for it at all, a complete mess

fulci fan
14-Jan-2012, 10:03 PM
Where you sober? Don't watch Zombi Holocaust sober.

I just watched this movie a couple days ago and I totally forgot how awesome the throat slash is on Dakar. It is perfect. The blood leaked so well that it makes me think that they used bladders instead of straight up tubes. I also have heard that the soundtrack for this movie is one of the hardest to find a hard copy of that isn't boot- legged

krakenslayer
15-Jan-2012, 01:34 PM
I actually like most Eurotrash horror efforts. I don't care if the dialogue is terrible, the constant panning and zooming in to faces doesn't bother me, slow pacing isn't a problem and I quite enjoy the bizarro anti-narrative style a lot of them even. Even if the movie is terribly made, I can usually find enough charm in it for it to be a worthwhile watch.

This film was an exception. It was nice having Ian McCulloch in a main role, and the addition of cannibals and a mad scientist should have made things really interesting in a fun, cheesy way. But the problem with this film is that it's just so terminally BORING!

Andy
15-Jan-2012, 04:06 PM
Like martin, i love eurotrash horror.. Theres a strange joy to be had in these zero budget efforts.

I Havnt seen this one but judging from the trailer, it looks like the kind of film id enjoy. It has Ian McCulloch in it so how bad can it be?

fulci fan
18-Jan-2012, 12:15 AM
I never liked Ian McCulloch. I'm more a fan of Al Cliver and David Warbeck