PDA

View Full Version : jus bought quarantine anybody seen it, heard it was good zombie movie

daz of the dead
07-Jan-2012, 08:17 PM
any thoughts on it

Sammich
07-Jan-2012, 08:51 PM
Well, you will find out it isn't a zombie movie, but more like 28 days later. Another thing is that is almost a scene for scene americanized remake of the Spanish film REC, which IMO was a far better movie. The cause of the outbreak in REC was more along the lines of Romero's "no more room in hell", but it isn't really a zombie movie either. Overall though Quarantine was an ok movie.

Quarantine 2 was a straight to DVD movie with good reason. IMO it was just another one of those sequels whose sole purpose was to make money off of the title of the first movie. REC2 on the other hand was a very good movie on par with REC.

daz of the dead
07-Jan-2012, 09:05 PM
Well, you will find out it isn't a zombie movie, but more like 28 days later. Another thing is that is almost a scene for scene americanized remake of the Spanish film REC, which IMO was a far better movie. The cause of the outbreak in REC was more along the lines of Romero's "no more room in hell", but it isn't really a zombie movie either. Overall though Quarantine was an ok movie.

Quarantine 2 was a straight to DVD movie with good reason. IMO it was just another one of those sequels whose sole purpose was to make money off of the title of the first movie. REC2 on the other hand was a very good movie on par with REC.

thanks for the info mate

kidgloves
07-Jan-2012, 10:10 PM
Daz. Get your hands on Rec first if you can before you watch Quarantine mate. I think Rec was loved by everyone here. A truly superb movie if you can handle subtitles

Danny
07-Jan-2012, 11:53 PM
scene for scene remake of the superior Spanish flick .REC, i would recommend that way more.

Tricia Martin
08-Jan-2012, 12:51 PM
I was gonna say the same thing, but it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks it- REC should be watched first...i liked it better.

daz of the dead
08-Jan-2012, 01:35 PM
i will do mate, i still havent watched quarantine anyway, so i will check out rec first, and no subtitles dont bother me im a jackie chan fan lmao, so im used to them thanks guys

fulci fan
08-Jan-2012, 09:32 PM
Jennifer Carpenter annoys the shit out of me. I can't stand looking at her face or listening to her voice. She ruined the movie for me. My friend's company did the FX so that is the only reason I saw it.