PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City short film

MikePizzoff
09-Jan-2012, 06:25 PM
Here's a short film for the upcoming RE game. I was going to post it in Games Discussion, but since there is no actual gameplay footage and it's just a short, I figured it'd be better in here. This is some mind-blowing CGI.

Ar-qKACbnkg

Danny
09-Jan-2012, 06:57 PM
eh, very nice lighting, but awful lot of mannequin face. not really as 'mind blowing' as the recent diablo 3 or 'the last of us' trailers. still nice cg animation.

though i find the camera more interesting, seems like they are still using the 'move a camera around a virtual stage in real time' style of shot generation as used in resident evil 5.

ProfessorChaos
10-Jan-2012, 01:11 AM
still on the fence about this one, but leaning towards "no thanks". too many other games to catch up on at the moment, and the more see of this, the less interested i am.

Mr.G
10-Jan-2012, 01:47 AM
Maybe I'm getting old but I miss the RE games where it was me, a mansion, and a lot of zombies.

childofgilead
11-Jan-2012, 01:49 AM
Yeah, no..not survival horror..more like flashy anime-inspired insipid shooter with a zombie element tacked on..fun maybe, but not, ya know..boss..

Danny
11-Jan-2012, 03:03 AM
Yeah, no..not survival horror..more like flashy anime-inspired insipid shooter with a zombie element tacked on..fun maybe, but not, ya know..boss..

resident evil was a series of 3 games, biohazard, biohazard 2, and biohazard last escape. each had you 'enter a world of survival horror' and coined the term and the story ended after raccoon city got destroyed.
But capcom wouldnt let the cash cow die even after the creators tried to make new things - like the original code veronica build becoming devil may cry, and 4 being a paranormal silent hill type game till it was rebuilt as resident evil 4. we had a sea of cashin's including what most call 'the shark jumping action trilogy' of code veronica, resident evil 4 and 5. No longer a love letter to american cheesey horror flicks but a trope filled dead horse that was flogged till it was a cloud of matter.
they stopped using the word survival horror in games, that if anything should show resident evil is just one more of crapcoms money harvests and they stopped giving a shit about making a good survival horror game years ago.

-though the genre was built on, and by the limitations of the time, what with modern technology its not exactly thriving at all nowadays.