PDA

View Full Version : Trying the worlds hottest curry

Andy
14-Jan-2012, 01:14 PM
You guys already know it was the birthday this week and some of you may or may not know im a total spice aficionado, so me and martin (Krakenslayer) will be going out to taste what is officially the UK's hottest curry and one of the worlds hottest, out of hundreds that have tried this bad boy less than 20 people have finished it.

http://www.kismot.co.uk/kismot-killer/

Wish us luck everyone!!

krakenslayer
14-Jan-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm projecting odds at about 20/1

Andy
14-Jan-2012, 01:27 PM
For you or me?

Danny
14-Jan-2012, 02:28 PM
I'll stick to my once a year kick to the guts phall thanks :lol:

MinionZombie
14-Jan-2012, 04:47 PM
With my acid reflux, I think that thing would force me to kick the bucket! :lol:

I expect pictures of your tortured, sweaty, pained faces as you chow down on the curries, guys. :elol:

Andy
14-Jan-2012, 04:48 PM
Ive had 2 phaals this week :)

AcesandEights
14-Jan-2012, 06:37 PM
Good luck storming the bathroom!

I like my heat and I like my spice, but once the heat starts to overpower the actual taste it's not for me.

Andy
15-Jan-2012, 03:22 PM
That was actually the hottest thing ever, it was like trying to eat the sun.

I Could only manage about 1/3 of mine and then i was defeated, i mean a phaal or vindaloo had absolutely nothing on this thing, it was just pure intense heat in your mouth and it actually got worse with mouthful.

Total congratulations to krakenslayer btw who actually finished his, i dont know how but im man enough to admit he is a better curry eater than I, and i think he deserves a title.

krakenslayer
15-Jan-2012, 03:34 PM
That was actually the hottest thing ever, it was like trying to eat the sun.

I Could only manage about 1/3 of mine and then i was defeated, i mean a phaal or vindaloo had absolutely nothing on this thing, it was just pure intense heat in your mouth and it actually got worse with mouthful.

Total congratulations to krakenslayer btw who actually finished his, i dont know how but im man enough to admit he is a better curry eater than I, and i think he deserves a title.

Not better, just smarter. :p The thing is, everyone, Andy ordered a huge bowl of rice with his and proceeded to mix it together with his curry, bulking it out to un-doable proportions. I think this was an attempt to dilute the heat, but of course it doesn't work like that. I ordered a cheese nan (which Andy laughed at, but dairy is well known for it's anti-inferno properties) and some chapati, and no rice. A much more compact and manageable proposition. ;)

No way I could have finished it if I had beefed it out with rice like Andy did.

BTW: Liking the new title lol I shall wear it with pride.

Neil
15-Jan-2012, 04:52 PM
You guys already know it was the birthday this week and some of you may or may not know im a total spice aficionado, so me and martin (Krakenslayer) will be going out to taste what is officially the UK's hottest curry and one of the worlds hottest, out of hundreds that have tried this bad boy less than 20 people have finished it.

http://www.kismot.co.uk/kismot-killer/

Wish us luck everyone!!

Wasn't something like this on the news a couple of months back with people being hospitalised?

-- -------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

a cheese nan
Never even heard of one of those?!

Andy
15-Jan-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah that was exactly the same place neil :) thats where i got the idea of going there!

Id never heard of a cheese naan before i moved up to scotland either, i dont think we have them in england but seem to be pretty common up here. Ive never tried one, the idea of cheese with my curry is absolutly rancid to me!

MinionZombie
15-Jan-2012, 05:05 PM
Congratulations to Kraken for his crafty curry consuming customs. :D

Will Andy be arranging a re-match between him and the Kismot? Watch this space... :shifty:

Andy
15-Jan-2012, 06:09 PM
Congratulations to Kraken for his crafty curry consuming customs. :D

Will Andy be arranging a re-match between him and the Kismot? Watch this space... :shifty:

Im not sure man, im not ashamed to admit when ive been beat and me trying to eat the kismot killer was like apollo creed trying to fight ivan drago.

Not sure if its a rematch im capable of.

Danny
15-Jan-2012, 07:09 PM
i'll stick to my pussy ass chicken kormas thank you, i like my currys like hank hill likes his bbq 'taste thuh meat, not thuh heat' :lol:

Neil
15-Jan-2012, 07:38 PM
Id never heard of a cheese naan before i moved up to scotland either

If there's a place on this planet that could make an already lard drenched heart blocking slice of bread, even more unhealthy, that would be Scotland! I'm surprised they haven't thought about battering it with a mars bar in it too!

the idea of cheese with my curry is absolutly rancid to me!I love Saag Paneer (spinach & cheese), but prefer Saag Aloo (spinach & potato) :) <--- Side dishes!

Andy
15-Jan-2012, 09:26 PM
Beleive it or not, the restuarant we went to did actually have a chocolate naan bread and chocolate curry on the menu!!

Neil
15-Jan-2012, 10:06 PM
Beleive it or not, the restuarant we went to did actually have a chocolate naan bread and chocolate curry on the menu!!

LOL! :duh::hurl:

bassman
15-Jan-2012, 10:11 PM
It's funny that you guys intentionally make yourselves suffer. Further proof that the human race is doomed....

Andy
15-Jan-2012, 10:45 PM
It's funny that you guys intentionally make yourselves suffer. Further proof that the human race is doomed....

I Wouldnt say we suffered, it wasnt like we were made to watch ghostbusters or anything :p

krakenslayer
15-Jan-2012, 10:58 PM

Who shat in your punchbowl? :lol:

Just to clarify. Eating hot currys isn't just about showing off. This is something that spice n00bs usually don't consider due to lack of personal experience but there is a strange, drug-like high - a sort of light-headed minor euphoria - that washes over you just after you have eaten a super-hot curry. It seems to be some kind of physiological reaction to the capsaicin and it kicks in once you enter the tens- and hundreds of thousands of units Scoville. It sort of hurts but it has the effect of lifting your mood, so the pain itself becomes an object of fun (when consumed with friends). It is not purely an act of bravado, at least not for me, but there is some social value in the competitive banter it engenders.

-- -------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

If there's a place on this planet that could make an already lard drenched heart blocking slice of bread, even more unhealthy, that would be Scotland! I'm surprised they haven't thought about battering it with a mars bar in it too!

Actually it's called a Panir Nan and is a traditional Indian food, not a made up Scottish thing like Chicken Tikka Masala. And it contains no lard.

bassman
16-Jan-2012, 11:08 AM
It was a bit of a joke, guys. Apparently a poor one. :lol:

Although, as a person that can't handle spicy foods and has heartburn on a daily basis..... I will say that you guys are friggin nuts for going near that stuff!

Neil
16-Jan-2012, 11:56 AM
Actually it's called a Panir Nan and is a traditional Indian food
And it's not too sickly?

Andy
16-Jan-2012, 12:00 PM
It was a bit of a joke, guys. Apparently a poor one. :lol:

Although, as a person that can't handle spicy foods and has heartburn on a daily basis..... I will say that you guys are friggin nuts for going near that stuff!

I thought my response was quite good :lol:

To be honest, im actually thinking of retrying this, i dont like the idea of being defeated by a curry, its a new concept to me.

krakenslayer
16-Jan-2012, 12:17 PM
And it's not too sickly?

Not at all. It's not like cheddar or even mozzarella, it's a very light, mild Indian cheese and it has a slight cooling effect when eaten with a hot curry.

Neil
16-Jan-2012, 01:00 PM
Not at all. It's not like cheddar or even mozzarella, it's a very light, mild Indian cheese and it has a slight cooling effect when eaten with a hot curry.
I'm famiiar with indian cheese - My second favourite side dish is Saag Paneer :)

I'll ask for a paneer naan next time I'm out :)