PDA

View Full Version : Lucas done with blockbuster films?

Neil
18-Jan-2012, 09:59 AM
“I’m retiring. I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.”

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52726

AcesandEights
18-Jan-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm retiring. I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff.

http://umc-sc.org/wp-content/uploads/answeredprayer.jpg

bassman
18-Jan-2012, 01:46 PM
Well, hopefully he'll tell Speilberg and Ford to do what they want with the fifth Indiana Jones film.....

BTW, I can't be the only guy that has his browser freeze when he visits AICN? As if their horrid site wasn't bad enough, it's now also shutting down my browser every time I try to visit?

Mike70
18-Jan-2012, 03:58 PM
if this decision had come 15 years ago it could have saved george a lot of embarrassment.

Mr.G
19-Jan-2012, 12:55 AM
if this decision had come 15 years ago it could have saved george a lot of embarrassment.

I watched The People vs George Lucas this weekend and this news doesn't surprise me if it's true. I find it ironic (and a little sad) that the film that was so popular and made him so successful also handcuffed him into a genre and never able to live up to the expectations of fans.

rongravy
19-Jan-2012, 01:00 AM
I watched The People vs George Lucas this weekend and this news doesn't surprise me if it's true. I find it ironic (and a little sad) that the film that was so popular and made him so successful also handcuffed him into a genre and never able to live up to the expectations of fans.
So is that doc worth watching then? I saw it on Netflix and was like, "Hmmmmmmmm...?
Before my desktop crashed out for the last time for good, I watched a bunch of Star Wars docs that were on Youtube. I'm guessing they were from some of the releases on dvd. Lucas likes to say things sometimes he doesn't mean later on down the road, methinks.
I'm still waiting on 7-9, so I hope he isn't done. Though I would like him to make them a little darker and more adult oriented...

Mr.G
19-Jan-2012, 01:10 AM
So is that doc worth watching then? I saw it on Netflix and was like, "Hmmmmmmmm...?
Before my desktop crashed out for the last time for good, I watched a bunch of Star Wars docs that were on Youtube. I'm guessing they were from some of the releases on dvd. Lucas likes to say things sometimes he doesn't mean later on down the road, methinks.
I'm still waiting on 7-9, so I hope he isn't done. Though I would like him to make them a little darker and more adult oriented...

It's worth watching. Some of the fans simply amaze me with their behaviors but I guess those same fans made him very very rich. It's also very surreal to watch how some people have totally lived their lives worshipping Lucas and their world revolves around Star Wars.

And I should add the same worship fest could be said of me with zombies and Superman. Kettle, meet Pot.

rongravy
19-Jan-2012, 01:23 AM
It's worth watching. Some of the fans simply amaze me with their behaviors but I guess those same fans made him very very rich. It's also very surreal to watch how some people have totally lived their lives worshipping Lucas and their world revolves around Star Wars.

And I should add the same worship fest could be said of me with zombies and Superman. Kettle, meet Pot.
Heard that.
I played Scene It with some kids and totally smoked them on the Superman section, as well as any Star Wars questions, and Office Space.
And thanks for the heads up, I will be adding it to the queue.
I think the fact that I watched the prequels only as an adult have made me alot more critical, back in the day I was definitely more willing to suspend my disbelief on alot of stuff that I might not have today. I'd still hate Jar Jar, though...