PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider 2 (film)

Neil
25-Jan-2012, 09:32 AM
I quite liked the first one. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure I guess for me :)

AICN has a featurette for the sequel - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52952

MinionZombie
25-Jan-2012, 09:56 AM
I thought the first film was rubbish ... however with Neveldine & Taylor doing this sequel, who knows, perhaps it might be half-decent? On the other hand it could still be shite. Only time will tell, I guess.

AcesandEights
25-Jan-2012, 01:46 PM
I like Idris Elba, but damn, he'll take any sort of working role he can get his hands on...not that I blame him, but :|

Though he his in Prometheus, so that's cool :)

MinionZombie
25-Jan-2012, 05:42 PM
I like Idris Elba, but damn, he'll take any sort of working role he can get his hands on...not that I blame him, but :|

Though he his in Prometheus, so that's cool :)

I think Meryl Streep once said an actor should take any role they're offered ... or maybe it was another actor ... point is, you never know when the wheel's gonna stop. Mind you, if you don't make sure you're also appearing in numerous quality products, you'll soon find yourself in money troubles and appearing on a crappy reality show, or banged up in the slammer.

rongravy
07-Apr-2012, 02:28 PM
Ha, did anyone here actually see this? I did last night, for $2.50 of course.
Now, while I will say I liked it, it wasn't as good as the first one in my eyes. I also didn't see it in 3D, and can't see how 3D would've made it any better.
It was watchable, but could've been less Cage/more Ghostie.
It was like, "OK, Nick, we get it. You're cray-cray. Now hurry up and turn into GR and lay waste to some baddies."
I like when he grabs someone and just holds them, gazing deeply into their eyes. Then he kinda starts shrieking and turning his head side to side on you. Pointless, but hilarious to behold.
Not bad, but I'd like to rewatch the first one since it's been so long.

MinionZombie
07-Apr-2012, 04:06 PM
I considered seeing this in the cinema, but read loads of bad reviews, plus none of my mates wanted to see it - and considering the piss-take price of cinema tickets these days, I'll only go and see sure-things now ... so in other words, I'll wait till it's on Sky Movies. I'll make sure to expect not an awful lot ... didn't think much of the first, but hoped that Neveldine & Taylor would bring some badassery to the concept (Crank 1 and 2 rocked, while Gamer was a bit undercooked) ... we shall see in due course I guess.

Mike70
07-Apr-2012, 05:26 PM
i just want this entire "franchise" to go away. it is something i wish i had never heard of or seen. i literally did an old style spit take when i heard there was going to be a second movie because the first one is easily one of the biggest pieces of cinematic dog crap ever to be unleashed on planet earth.

bassman
08-Apr-2012, 02:44 AM
i literally did an old style spit take when i heard there was going to be a second movie because the first one is easily one of the biggest pieces of cinematic dog crap ever to be unleashed on planet earth.

Watch it and laugh as if it were a MST3K special and it's amazing....

Mike70
08-Apr-2012, 04:13 AM

ah, that is an excellent idea. the first movie just cries out for an MST3K style commentary.

i think a kitten and puppy both die every time FX or Spiketv shows the first movie.

i was a big ghostrider fan when i was a kid and the first "film" is one of the few movies that has ever actually really pissed me off. most of them i just laugh at or ignore or treat as the piece of garbage they are. for some reason, that flick got way up under my skin.

rongravy
08-Apr-2012, 02:30 PM
So wait...
You want to lampoon and ridicule a show you think sucks... on a suck show like MST3K?
Hmmmmm, interesting....