PDA

View Full Version : XBox 720 6x more powerful than the 360?

Neil
25-Jan-2012, 01:15 PM
The next Xbox will ship to retailers in late October or early November of next year with six times the processing power of the Xbox 360, sources close to the project have told IGN.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/01/24/xbox-720-will-be-six-times-as-powerful-as-current-gen

AcesandEights
25-Jan-2012, 01:36 PM
Lordy, let's hope when the final rollout comes it'll result in a product with a better lifespan than the MKI 360. I know I'll probably buy it eventually, but I will be interested to see if any consumer/trade magazines perform any major dependability tests on it, that'd help make up my mind in a hurry. No RROD debacle this time around, please.

Also, anyone have any opinions if they'll keep this to the same XBL network they currently operate? I rather hope they do.

MikePizzoff
26-Jan-2012, 11:12 AM
I read in another article that there are rumors of there being a chip in the system which will prevent people from playing used games. I could see this as Microsoft digging their own grave, though. Probably simply just a rumor and nothing more.

SymphonicX
26-Jan-2012, 12:28 PM
So currently it's a dual core machine right? So the new one will have 6x2 cores = 12 core machine?

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. They will NOT be putting in 2x 6 core processors in there, nor will they spec that MB up with a graphics card above 1gb. It's just not cost effective, surely? thoughts??

From my reckoning the best you'd get from that console is a 4 or 6 core machine, running a 1gb graphics card or at very most a 1.5gb graphics card. Just a theory, but consoles have been the inferior pc in a box for a long time, and that won't change - its not like we can say "yeah but things will be cheaper by then" because the design is standardised and won't change past a certain point in the production process - then it'll never ever get better from that point, as conflicting systems aren't exactly a thing with consoles.

When the 360 was released, what were the current processors on the consumer market? Back then I was still running a pentium 3 600mhz and it took me another year to make the jump to a dual core processor, but by then they were dirt cheap and you could pretty much find them unopened, in your nearest storm drain or gutter.

Eyebiter
26-Jan-2012, 05:09 PM
They should have skipped 720 and went right to 1080.

Danny
26-Jan-2012, 06:39 PM
No thanks.
My experience with the xbox 360 was the worst videogame experience i have ever encountered. multiple dead consoles. charging my cards without my knowledge, not allowing me to remove said card info because 'once you add card details, it always needs at least one cards' and i had to threaten legal action over the phone to get my bank card removed!
i bought it because:
1: first 'hardcore' next gen console at the time.
2: all my friends already had it.
3: certain exclusives like alan wake and gears of war

There are no exclusives i care about, the direction and stance on used games is obscene, i hate everything about the current 'pay for internet, pay for gold then pay for netflix model of triple charging you for things i pay for once on my ps3 or even wii.

I'm already done with live, my xbox got play from resident evil 4 hd and skyrim in the last 6 months and thats really it. They won't get more money form me unless they do something bloody spectacular- and considering the -netxbox- is behind current gaming pcs that are NOT the top tier stuff and will be more so by the time it comes out i really do not see that happening.

Though, if i am honest, steam coming out for Mac- and the growing library of games on apple formats has certainly helped sway my opinion on the matter.

bassman
26-Jan-2012, 07:28 PM
While my opinion might not be as heated as Danny's, I agree with his thoughts on the matter. I've only had to replace my 360 once but the charges they apply to every little thing is really a deal breaker. I've always preferred to play games on my 360, but the Playstation consoles have it beat for the amount of free content alone.

Like Danny says...they'll have to do something absolutely amazing to get me back on board. Until that time comes, which I doubt it ever will, I'll stick with the next Playstation.

Danny
26-Jan-2012, 08:24 PM
While my opinion might not be as heated as Danny's, I agree with his thoughts on the matter. I've only had to replace my 360 once but the charges they apply to every little thing is really a deal breaker. I've always preferred to play games on my 360, but the Playstation consoles have it beat for the amount of free content alone.

Like Danny says...they'll have to do something absolutely amazing to get me back on board. Until that time comes, which I doubt it ever will, I'll stick with the next Playstation.

dont mistake me for being heated. Im just taking a step back and looking at the last decade of the xbox experience.

It is an overpriced, highly faulty system that has lowered the industry standards. Why is it selling? because we speak- or dont with our wallets. Just like how we all badmouth mcdonalds, but most of us will still eat there once in a blue moon.
As long as we pay for such a terrible service then we tell them 'yeah, stick with it, we will pay, see how far you can push it'.

These arent game devs, they are hardware devs. they arent trying to sell an experience or story, or make art. They are trying to shift units and enforce loyalty to a brand for the lifetime of its monetary viability. Each xbox going across the barcode scanner to replace a red ringed one is another consumer voting with their hard earned cash to keep the standards so very low.

I'm just not paying for that anymore. and its not some moral highground, if anything its a selfish personal experience. and i have never had a bad experience with nintendo or sony. microsoft? oh yeah. all the time.

MinionZombie
27-Jan-2012, 09:57 AM
Bassman - erm, from what I've heard there won't be a Playstation 4. I'd read a couple of weeks ago that Sony were dropping out of the videogame market after the PS3 due to financial problems in that area or something.

As for the 'nextbox' - if it isn't built like a brick shithouse, then I'd be startled. Iffy tech cost them $1billion and big companies like their money, so they can't have liked that. They have a reputation for it, despite their popularity, so they'll be looking - I'd imagine - to be a solid console next time around, especially if Sony are dropping out of the running (leaving it just Wii U vs Xbox720).

I've never had any involvement with XBL or any online component, so I've never experienced anything to do with charging, although I do think what you say about charging for every damned thing is stupid and money-grubbing ... and what's more, piss off would I pay £50 a year for online use, even if I could be bothered to hook it up. The whole approach of DLC (regardless of platform) pisses me off too - come the next gen they'll surely be using Blu-Ray discs, so they won't be able to blame lack of disc space for releasing shit-tons of DLC anymore ... but I'm sure other excuses are just waiting in the holster.

In terms of breakdowns, I've had two - both visual problems whereby the graphics would start losing colour and then not display at all (to do with a connection on the motherboard) - that has happened twice, and the second time the disc drive was getting a bit temperamental (the drawer kept getting stuck, and on some games it would really struggle to keep up-to-spin for data streaming), so they just replaced it with a refurb a couple of years back.

Naturally I'm keeping an interest in these news developments as I don't see myself ever buying a Wii U, and I cannot stand the Playstation controller (but they're apparently out of the race anyway, so that's not even an option for me to not pick) ... so it comes down to the next Xbox basically.

Despite some problems, I've had a blast with my Xbox360 experience and played some excellent games. I've had countless hours out of it since 2007, so blimey, in a few months it'll be five years I've been gaming on the current generation of Xbox. :)

Danny
27-Jan-2012, 10:28 AM
. I'd read a couple of weeks ago that Sony were dropping out of the videogame market after the PS3 due to financial problems in that area or something.

no, they're still working on a ps4, its just not being shown any time soon. they still think the ps3 has another 5 years of life in it. which i think is overly optimistic, but its still steamrolling the xbox in asia so i guess they are doing well enough to think so.

Neil
27-Jan-2012, 12:08 PM
So currently it's a dual core machine right? So the new one will have 6x2 cores = 12 core machine?

Bollocks. Absolute bollocks. They will NOT be putting in 2x 6 core processors in there, nor will they spec that MB up with a graphics card above 1gb. It's just not cost effective, surely? thoughts??

From my reckoning the best you'd get from that console is a 4 or 6 core machine, running a 1gb graphics card or at very most a 1.5gb graphics card. Just a theory, but consoles have been the inferior pc in a box for a long time, and that won't change - its not like we can say "yeah but things will be cheaper by then" because the design is standardised and won't change past a certain point in the production process - then it'll never ever get better from that point, as conflicting systems aren't exactly a thing with consoles.

When the 360 was released, what were the current processors on the consumer market? Back then I was still running a pentium 3 600mhz and it took me another year to make the jump to a dual core processor, but by then they were dirt cheap and you could pretty much find them unopened, in your nearest storm drain or gutter.

It'll be a dual or quad core, with generally more umph than the current one i recon. eg: 2-3 times quicker maybe? Of course the graphics card will be loads more powerful. This is probably the 6x ratio we've heard about?

krakenslayer
27-Jan-2012, 03:26 PM
No thanks.
My experience with the xbox 360 was the worst videogame experience i have ever encountered. multiple dead consoles. charging my cards without my knowledge, not allowing me to remove said card info because 'once you add card details, it always needs at least one cards' and i had to threaten legal action over the phone to get my bank card removed!
i bought it because:
1: first 'hardcore' next gen console at the time.
2: all my friends already had it.
3: certain exclusives like alan wake and gears of war

There are no exclusives i care about, the direction and stance on used games is obscene, i hate everything about the current 'pay for internet, pay for gold then pay for netflix model of triple charging you for things i pay for once on my ps3 or even wii.

I'm already done with live, my xbox got play from resident evil 4 hd and skyrim in the last 6 months and thats really it. They won't get more money form me unless they do something bloody spectacular- and considering the -netxbox- is behind current gaming pcs that are NOT the top tier stuff and will be more so by the time it comes out i really do not see that happening.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/226/900/tumblr_lx1of3Nj6U1qb3e6ho1_500.jpg

AcesandEights
27-Jan-2012, 04:06 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/226/900/tumblr_lx1of3Nj6U1qb3e6ho1_500.jpg

:lol: Just what I was thinking, kind of crystalizes how upset some people (not so much here) get upset about these sorts of things. While it's mind boggling how shoddy the hardware was in the MKI 360, I definitely got my money's worth out of the system and the live account, but YMMV.

MinionZombie
27-Jan-2012, 06:09 PM
no, they're still working on a ps4, its just not being shown any time soon. they still think the ps3 has another 5 years of life in it. which i think is overly optimistic, but its still steamrolling the xbox in asia so i guess they are doing well enough to think so.

Ohhhhhh... I was wondering why it hadn't become explosive news (although the thing I read was a rumour as it was). But yeah, pfft, there's no way there's 5 more years of life in the PS3 - no chance. Speaking of the PS - I heard today via IGN that there'll apparently be no more "Resistence" titles - the team will instead be working on a new IP that'll be multi-platform.

CoinReturn
28-Jan-2012, 01:40 AM
Bring it on, I've enjoyed the 360 more than any console since SNES.

LouCipherr
02-Feb-2012, 04:49 PM
But yeah, pfft, there's no way there's 5 more years of life in the PS3 - no chance.

^ This. There is no chance in hell the P$3 will last another 5 years.

I'm with Danny on this one. Looking back at my own personal Xbox360 experience, I won't be putting any more money into M$'s pocket for the 720 (is that really what they're gonna call it? :rolleyes:)

Let's see.. multiple returned consoles with the RROD, issues with every single controller (especially the rechargeable ones), XBL fees (too damn expensive), accounts getting hacked and the shithead Xbox "security team" (HAH!) taking FOUR MONTHS to return a gamertag (long story - with the right tools I could've solved this problem this in 48hrs max. Their "security" team must is apparently a bunch of 12 year old morons).. the lies their support and security team told me during the stolen gamertag issue alone were enough for me to never want to support another thing they ever do.

So yeah, after all the problems above (and there's more - i'm just too lazy to type it all out here) there's no way I will invest in another Micro$oft gaming machine unless it comes with a redheaded hooker dressed in a french maid outfit, willing to do my every bidding.

And we all know that ain't gonna happen. :mad:

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2012, 05:29 PM
Or will it? :sneaky:

As for the title - that's not the official title, just what every website is calling it for lack of a real name.

Danny
02-Feb-2012, 05:51 PM
Bring it on, I've enjoyed the 360 more than any console since SNES.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/tumblr_lmu208fn2j1qbx9d8.jpg

LouCipherr
02-Feb-2012, 06:38 PM
Or will it? :sneaky:

Thanks, MZ... :lol: You realize if it does, I would have a seriously difficult time saying no...

Anyone know the scientific name for redhead addiction? Yeah, I got it. :D

MikePizzoff
03-Feb-2012, 06:26 AM
I won't be putting any more money into M$'s pocket for the 720 (is that really what they're gonna call it? :rolleyes:)

No - why does everyone think it's really going to be called XBOX 720? The 360 was originally named (by the media) as Xenon, NextBox, and some others. XBOX 720 is just a temporary name being used by news outlets, almost certainly given by whoever leaked the info.

Anyway, I will definitely be picking one of these up. I own both PS3 and XBOX 360. I play the 360 at least 10x more than the PS3. Most likely because I'm usually gaming with or talking to friends, and the PlayStation Network is absolute garbage if you want to do something like that. Everyone bitches about having to pay for XBL, but I think it's totally worth it in regards to the piece of shit free network Sony has (not to mention having to update like once every two weeks - some updates fucking up settings). On top of that, whenever I feel like looking at my trophy collection I have to sit there for at least a minute while it "generates". :rolleyes: Also, what's up with HAVING to install every single game you want to play on the PS3?

Don't get me wrong - I like the PS3. And I've gone through about 5 XBOX consoles. However, when the choice comes during the next gen, I'll be taking Microsoft's side. Not only that, but the new XBOX will be out well before the next Playstation; Sony has openly shot down any notion of PS4 being announced in 2012 so Microsoft has at least a year's jump start.

bassman
03-Feb-2012, 12:15 PM
And I've gone through about 5 XBOX consoles.

Holy sh*t, man! I understand that you prefer their live network, but I just can't see how you can back a company that's put out such a faulty product. I mean....FIVE?!?

LouCipherr
03-Feb-2012, 12:39 PM
No - why does everyone think it's really going to be called XBOX 720?

Maybe, and I'm not sure here, but stick with me on this.... it's because that's what everyone is calling it?

:lol:

MinionZombie
03-Feb-2012, 04:50 PM
Holy sh*t, man! I understand that you prefer their live network, but I just can't see how you can back a company that's put out such a faulty product. I mean....FIVE?!?

If the next Xbox isn't built like a brick shithouse, I'd be really surprised. Like any major corporation, MS like money - and the $1 billion price tag on their rushed tech wouldn't have made any of the bigwigs happy - plus it gave them a reputation, which they've managed to mostly surmount, but they can't afford to had ropey tech next time round either.

LouCipherr
03-Feb-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't think they've surmounted anything to be honest. The 360 to this day still has a reputation of being unreliable. Hell, I'm still waiting for my next RROD. :mad:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CyxXT_EAet4/SWdT86XDAMI/AAAAAAAAAdU/l-LHqhsOnpY/s400/dave.jpg

MinionZombie
03-Feb-2012, 05:46 PM
I don't think they've surmounted anything to be honest. The 360 to this day still has a reputation of being unreliable. Hell, I'm still waiting for my next RROD. :mad:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CyxXT_EAet4/SWdT86XDAMI/AAAAAAAAAdU/l-LHqhsOnpY/s400/dave.jpg

Considering they're the most popular console out there right now, I'd say they surmounted the RROD and tech issues just fine - it's still there and it's still a valid criticism for sure, but not as bad as it once was mind you - and it's not stopped the masses piling on the Xbox360 wagon.

AcesandEights
03-Feb-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm still waiting for my next RROD. :mad:

The lover spurned protests in the morning, but is back at his lady love's door come evening. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/DougOBrien/monocle.gif

MinionZombie
03-Feb-2012, 06:03 PM
The lover spurned protests in the morning, but is back at his lady love's door come evening. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/DougOBrien/monocle.gif

Monocle wearing motherfucker... :shifty:

http://www.beatitsquid.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Cop-Out-2010_12-300x127.png

That's the best part in Cop Out. :D

WmwTgXSP7F8

LouCipherr
03-Feb-2012, 06:38 PM
Considering they're the most popular console out there right now, I'd say they surmounted the RROD and tech issues just fine - it's still there and it's still a valid criticism for sure, but not as bad as it once was mind you - and it's not stopped the masses piling on the Xbox360 wagon.

MZ, let me ask you this: how many times did your console RROD on you?

Most popular or not,to say they've "got past it" is a rather large overstatement. Not sure how it is where you are in the UK, but everyone I know still has an extremely sour taste in their mouth from this experience - and trust me, it will have an affect on the sales of the new consoles. Look at me - I'm one who will NOT buy into the next gen M$ console - why? because of the incredibly horrific experiences I've had with the RROD, and other things like their completely shitty and worthless "security team" - as well as the horrific "customer service" over there (if that's what you wanna call it).

The lover spurned protests in the morning, but is back at his lady love's door come evening.

:shifty:

When you pay that much for a console and all these stupid frackin' games (not to mention sending the goddamn thing back many times for replacements), of course you're going to continue to play it - gotta get my $'s worth out of this POS somehow!

Now, if wanna ask a valid question, ask me the last game I bought for the thing. You'd be surprised at how long ago it was. :p

CoinReturn
03-Feb-2012, 08:25 PM
Most popular or not,to say they've "got past it" is a rather large overstatement. Not sure how it is where you are in the UK, but everyone I know still has an extremely sour taste in their mouth from this experience - and trust me, it will have an affect on the sales of the new consoles. Look at me - I'm one who will NOT buy into the next gen M$ console - why? because of the incredibly horrific experiences I've had with the RROD, and other things like their completely shitty and worthless "security team" - as well as the horrific "customer service" over there (if that's what you wanna call it).

Considering the continued success of the console has actually increased over the years, and in 2011 the 360 was the top selling console worldwide for the first time, you are an anomalous data point. While the 360 had hardware problems in the past, it's obviously not affecting people's confidence in buying millions of systems every year.

Also, your continued use of "M$" makes you look like a tool.

AcesandEights
03-Feb-2012, 10:10 PM
Just going to throw it out now...

Let's not get personal over a gaming system and its corporate producer.

MinionZombie
04-Feb-2012, 10:22 AM
MZ, let me ask you this: how many times did your console RROD on you?

Never.

It has failed twice - but never RROD - both times it was a failure of the visuals. The graphics would go black & white with some green and blue edges, and fluctuate between that and normal, and then eventually it'd just stop showing anything (but it would continue to have sound). That was to do with the weak soldering problem (because by law you can't use the stuff that actually works cos it hurts baby pandas or something...) - so that happened twice, and that was on one of the original style 360s.

The second time it happened the disc drive was also causing problems (failing to open, and failing to stream data fast enough in the likes of GTA IV) - so I got a replacement - that was, IIRC, three years ago now (wow, how time flies! :eek:)

Then of course they were putting out newer chipsets - and with each upgrade the failure rate dropped - and then of course they've got the current version out which from what I've heard is like any other console in terms of failure rates (which are supposed to be around 5%). There's often a late-in-the-game push in sales as people buy up consoles on the cheap and get gaming - and as has been said, in 2011 the 360 was the most popular console out there selling millions of units.

While yes, there will be some people who won't buy a 'NextBox' because they've had a bad experience, I'd wager that - providing the new one works with a standard failure rate of 5% (i.e. works as you'd expect any piece of tech to work) - a number of those folks would eventually give in and buy themselves the new console after they've seen it working fine for others ... providing of course, as I've said, the new one is built like a brick shithouse - and considering the 2005 rush-to-market cost MS $1bn - I'd be quite surprised if it wasn't. Indeed it's Nintendo who seem to be rushing to market this time around - the Wii U is supposed to come out near the end of this year, so we'll see if their tech has any problems, I guess. :shifty:

However I think the vast majority of the Xbox community will carry over to the '720/NextBox/Whatever'. Never say never, Lou. :sneaky:

Just going to throw it out now...

Let's not get personal over a gaming system and its corporate producer.

Indeed.

MikePizzoff
06-Feb-2012, 08:25 AM

I know, I know. Well to be fair this is how it went down:

First XBOX - Paid for. Warranty at Gamestop.
Second XBOX - Used warranty (thus, it was free) - forgot to renew warrant.
Third XBOX - Sent to Microsoft and replaced for free.
Fourth XBOX - Bought at Best Buy. Again, forgot warranty. Sold to Gamestop for $50.
Fifth XBOX - Were on sale at Best Buy. Used $50 from Gamestop toward it.

So, while I spent like $500 on XBOX's - it's not as much as it could have been. The main reason I keep going back is because of all the money I invested in games.

I'm confident that they won't make a mistake like that on the next console. They know they could have dominated this gen if they hadn't had the RROD problem; so many people went with PS3 because of it.

AcesandEights
06-Feb-2012, 01:21 PM
Honestly, though I can think of better deals, for quality & quantity of entertainment per dollar spent, my 360 experience has been excellent (even including my live fees).

LouCipherr
06-Feb-2012, 01:54 PM
Considering the continued success of the console has actually increased over the years, and in 2011 the 360 was the top selling console worldwide for the first time, you are an anomalous data point. While the 360 had hardware problems in the past, it's obviously not affecting people's confidence in buying millions of systems every year.

Also, your continued use of "M$" makes you look like a tool.

Awwww, cry me a river, CR. Then how about getting over it. I also use $ony all the time too (with good reason), you wanna whine about that also? When these companies do more for me than just collect my money for an initially piece of faulty equipment (and several of the same thereafter), and tell me to go screw myself when I need support or assistance I will continue to represent their name in a way that I see fit. Tool or truthful? Tell ya what, when you have had the problems I have had, and then had the experiences I've had with their hardware, support and so-called "security" team, then get back to me and we'll discuss. Until then, lets not call names like children when you have no idea of the experience that others have been through. How about that?

You can say I'm an anomaly all you want, but I can assure you I'm not the only one who feels this way about the Xbox. There are plenty of disillusioned and disheartened people due to their experiences - and plenty of those who will not migrate to the next gen console they put out. A simple google search and a reading of other forums (other than xbox fanboy forums) will make this painfully obvious. If you, however, want to stick with it, that's your perrogative. I can't help it if there's millions of sheep out there willing to look past the obvious.

But that's ok, because it's the "best selling console" out there, that means it's the best, has no issues and we should just keep buying into it! Yeah, what a great idea! Support people who put out faulty equipment from day one, then defend them! Right on! They may have righted what they wronged (or have they? I'm 3 xbox's in already, let's shoot for 4!), but like the good sheep that we are, let's just keep putting money into their pocket and they'll eventually fix it, right? Then everything will be just peachy!

Just because something continues to sell, does not mean it's a good piece of equipment. Let me ask you this: what choice do these people have? PS3 or Xbox, right? Seems to me it's nothing more than the "lesser of two evils" option.

:rolleyes:

AcesandEights
06-Feb-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.richlovatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ql-al.jpg
Sam, Ziggy computes that there's a 93...no...99% chance people are still taking this thread too seriously.

Rancid Carcass
07-Feb-2012, 12:43 AM
Sam, Ziggy computes that there's a 93...no...99% chance people are still taking this thread too seriously.

Oh boy...

:shifty:

Danny
07-Feb-2012, 01:01 AM
http://www.richlovatt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ql-al.jpg

thatguywhoputsoutafirewithgasoline.png

childofgilead
11-Feb-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm currently on my 4th console..soon to be fifth, because this current bastich has been on life support for months, had to cannibalize a used unit my girlfriend bought after it went tits up and transplant the laser to my old console.

I can't tell you how many times I've had them apart.

Know something else? My Dell XPS, which I've had nothing but trouble out of since purchase went belly up two weeks ago..and the durpy little Dell Inspiron netbook I'm currently using is next to useless. But unless you build your own, you don't have an option..why? Every single major company uses the same f*cking manufacturer in Taiwan to produce them. Every mother humping one. So no matter WHO you buy, you're still getting the same "craftmanship".

Now, not to derail the thread, but I'm going to rebuy the latest Xbox console and sit on that for a while. I'll NEVER buy a console at launch, bought a PS2 after selling my 4wheeler to a neighbor and the damn thing broke after 6 months. Had to solder connections in myself. I don't own a PS3 yet honestly because I've not felt compelled over their exclusive titles. Could they be better made? Dunno, only played one a handful of times. I definitely don't like their controllers though..may be a little small headed of me, but whatever. Honestly, the only reason I would have ever given them a go is free online play. But considering I haven't had Live Gold in almost a year, I really don't miss it. Last game I onlined was Homefront, a trainwreck of amazing proportions.

Other than Mass Effect 3 and GTA V, the only other title I'm even keeping on my radar is Colonial Marines. I honestly find myself playing the same games over and over, there just hasn't been a new IP that's come out to make me interested.

That..includes Skyrim..I don't know if it's just so hard to play basically one handed (and a thumb) or what, it just doesn't hold me at the moment. Just like Oblivion. *sigh*

Don't even get me started on the Fable series. That was just like somebody corn cobbing you without taking you to dinner first.