PDA

View Full Version : Jupiter's c**k!! Spartacus is back!

SymphonicX
31-Jan-2012, 03:09 PM
Spartacus Vengeance premiered in the US and the UK recently, Monday night at 10pm on Sky One in the UK specifically.

Series 3 sees our new guy take the helm of Spartacus after the tragic and untimely passing of Andy Whitman late last year.

Unlike most series this show has taken a dramatically different turn from it's parent shows Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand. Of course the Ludus has changed completely, with the House of Batiatus fallen in the midst of Spartacus and Crixus' betrayal of their masters.

No longer Gladiators, our heroes are now "fugitivus", on the run from the tyranically brilliant Legatus Glabber, his wife Illythia (played by the phenomenally beautiful Viva Bianca) and an army of Roman soldiers baying for the blood of our ex-Gladitori.

My opinion of the first episode? Well I'm trying to look past the haze of excitement and wonder that the series is back. The new guy will always be seen as questionable but I'm thinking that after 5 episodes, this won't make a huge impact. I like him, his voice is a bit weird, a bit Christian Bale-esque sometimes, but by and large he does a good Andy Whitman impression and can definitely hold his own, it seems.

Of course there is a shock return from the original series - something which is unfortunately given away in the trailer but I still won't spoil here. All I can say is, it was great to hear this line:

"you should have sent word that you were coming...."

And lastly, I'll finish on my favourite quote from this episode:

Guard: "What was that?"
Glabber: "With matters concerning my wife, even the Gods fear to speculate!"

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2012, 03:30 PM
I watched it last Friday and enjoyed it. The new guy looks a bit smaller.

Christopher Jon
01-Feb-2012, 08:49 AM
The first episode was slow by Spartacus standards but I still enjoyed it.