PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Brown prequel

Neil
02-Feb-2012, 08:54 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jackie-Brown-Prequel-Development-Starring-John-Hawkes-Yasiin-Bey-29184.html

According to Variety, writer/director Dan Schechter is currently working on an adaptation of Elmore Leonard's The Switch, which tells the story of Ordell Robbie and Louis Gara prior to the events in Jackie Brown (which was based on Leonard's Rum Punch). While the roles were played by Samuel L. Jackson and Robert De Niro in the Tarantino movie, Schechter has brought on yasiin bey (formerly known as Mos Def) and John Hawkes to play the roles in the new movie.

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2012, 10:08 AM
Intriguing ... as for Mos Def - stop changing your damn name - it was Mos Def, then it was Mos (as recently as the sixth season of Dexter), now it's Yasiin Bey ... what's with all the name changes?

LouCipherr
02-Feb-2012, 02:05 PM
Intriguing ... as for Mos Def - stop changing your damn name - it was Mos Def, then it was Mos (as recently as the sixth season of Dexter), now it's Yasiin Bey ... what's with all the name changes?

Is that his new "muslim name" or some shit? Seems like when people adopt that religion they have to change their name or something.. I dunno. He'll always be Mos Def to me.. and the only thing I can seem to remember him for is 16 Blocks. :lol:

bassman
02-Feb-2012, 03:06 PM
He'll always be Mos Def to me.. and the only thing I can seem to remember him for is 16 Blocks. :lol:

He was absolutely hilarious in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I keep hoping to see him in more comedies. Ya know....aside from the "meh" Be Kind Rewind. He was also the neighbor in Monster's Ball.

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2012, 05:27 PM
Ugh ... 16 Blocks ... couldn't stand him in that. The voice he chose for that role just grated on me every single damned second of that movie. He was good in the Hitch-hikers movie, though.

LouCipherr
02-Feb-2012, 06:35 PM
Ugh ... 16 Blocks ... couldn't stand him in that. The voice he chose for that role just grated on me every single damned second of that movie. He was good in the Hitch-hikers movie, though.

:lol:

Just to be clear: I didn't think he was great in that flick, it's just the one movie that I always think of when someone mentions his name.

His voice was BEYOND irritating in that movie.. It was probably worse than Chris Tucker in The Fifth Element and I don't think Tucker was using anything other than his real voice! :lol: :lol: