PDA

View Full Version : Amusement Park Flooded in Pennsylvania

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jun-2006, 07:49 PM
When I was in college I worked at an Amusement park during the summer months in Elysburg, PA. Knoebels Amusement Resort has been my summer home in college years past.

Because of the latest flood and storms gripping the Northeastern USA I just found out today 80% of the park in under water and will be closed for a few days.

Knoebels is a great park and has 2 top 20 Rollercoasters..

#5 The Phoenix - Wooden Coaster moved in 1984 from San Antonio, TX to the park. It took 34 trucks to move this wooden monster.

#20 The Twister - Almost a 100% replica of the the old Mr. Twister that stood at Ehlrich Gardens in Denver CO. Before the park relocated to a different area of the city. The Twister is also a wooden coster with a Double folded lift.

Here are some pics from the flooded park, and you can navugate the website to check out the rides.

http://www.knoebels.com/flood.htm

HLS
01-Jul-2006, 01:55 PM
When I was in college I worked at an Amusement park during the summer months in Elysburg, PA. Knoebels Amusement Resort has been my summer home in college years past.

Because of the latest flood and storms gripping the Northeastern USA I just found out today 80% of the park in under water and will be closed for a few days.

Knoebels is a great park and has 2 top 20 Rollercoasters..

#5 The Phoenix - Wooden Coaster moved in 1984 from San Antonio, TX to the park. It took 34 trucks to move this wooden monster.

#20 The Twister - Almost a 100% replica of the the old Mr. Twister that stood at Ehlrich Gardens in Denver CO. Before the park relocated to a different area of the city. The Twister is also a wooden coster with a Double folded lift.

Here are some pics from the flooded park, and you can navugate the website to check out the rides.

http://www.knoebels.com/flood.htm

Ya. Pennsylvania is seeing the worst of floods probably in history. Reminds me of the rains of 93 here in Kansas where it rained, and rained and rained all summer. I remember seeing roof tops floating down the river and north part of the city being shut down (Lawrence, KS).