PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Trolls SW Fans: "Han NEVER Shot First!"

AcesandEights
10-Feb-2012, 06:26 PM
From here (http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/02/10/han-never-shot-first-lucas-says/).

Considering I'd have to get out VHS tapes that are in cold storage (I think they still are anyway) to look at anything approaching the original footage, I can't say anything more than I suspect George is taking a hand at some revisionist history.

“The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn’t,” Lucas tells The Hollywood Reporter. “It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.”

What do you nerds think?

Mike70
10-Feb-2012, 09:14 PM
What do you nerds think?

han solo is so amazing and moves so fast he is going faster than light and therefore appears to be traveling backwards in time.

:shifty:

Christopher Jon
10-Feb-2012, 09:30 PM
Lucas has been irrelevant since the 80's.

Han shot first. I don't care what Lucas claims now.

STAR WARS

Episode IV

A NEW HOPE

From the
JOURNAL OF THE WHILLS

by
George Lucas

Revised Fourth Draft
January 15, 1976

GREEDO: You can tell that to Jabba. He may only take your ship.

HAN: Over my dead body.

GREEDO: That's the idea. I've been looking forward to killing you for
a long time.

HAN: Yes, I'll bet you have.

Suddenly the slimy alien disappears in a blinding flash of
light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as the
other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up and
starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some coins
as he leaves.

HAN: Sorry about the mess.

Mike70
10-Feb-2012, 09:43 PM

that too. one of the worst writers and directors ever to get lucky.

bassman
10-Feb-2012, 09:47 PM
that too. one of the worst writers and directors ever to get lucky.

Even further.....he got lucky ONCE. With the original film. The others, particularly Empire, are the classics they are because of different writers and directors. It grinds my gears when people say he made the entire original trilogy. He made the first film, then went into business mode. He was always more of a business man than an artist.

As for who shot first? I've never particularly cared or thought it mattered all that much. It's a funny point of geek discussion, but beyond that....does it really matter?

Mike70
10-Feb-2012, 11:06 PM
As for who shot first? I've never particularly cared or thought it mattered all that much. It's a funny point of geek discussion, but beyond that....does it really matter?

me neither. it's one of those "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" things. or better yet, like a bunch of kids arguing about their favorite baseball player.

shootemindehead
11-Feb-2012, 01:56 AM
Ha ha ahahahahahahahahahahahahah....George, I was there in 1977. Han Solo shot first.

You wanker.

Danny
11-Feb-2012, 03:06 AM
seriously. its george lucas, why do people still listen to this crackpot?

deadpunk
11-Feb-2012, 05:22 AM
Lucas has done so many PC revisions to the originals, I'm waiting for the next one where half the storm troopers on the Death Star whip off their helmets and are black. To prove the Empire was an equal opportunity employer.

Of course Han shot first. He was a space pirate. He wasn't a good guy. That was half the point of the entre trilogy. To show the evolution of the characters.

Lucas should just keep funding projects and keep his mouth shut. What a putz.

Danny
11-Feb-2012, 06:39 AM
Lucas has done so many PC revisions to the originals, I'm waiting for the next one where half the storm troopers on the Death Star whip off their helmets and are black. To prove the Empire was an equal opportunity employer.

Of course Han shot first. He was a space pirate. He wasn't a good guy. That was half the point of the entre trilogy. To show the evolution of the characters.

Lucas should just keep funding projects and keep his mouth shut. What a putz.

Honestly as someone educated in film myself i see lucas almost as a sort of industry parable or folk tale of a sort. He is the old man who doesn't release his work and let it go. its like star wars is his dorain grey style portrait. He gets older, and constantly works on it, constantly thinks he is improving it. but he is just making worse movies by removing more that film people loved and inserting another film people dont.

Its sad in a way. hes also kind of like the emperor in his new clothes, he doesnt get what hes doing and why the crowd around him is taking a problem up with it.

Honestly he should just serve as an example to filmmakers everywhere. If you love a film enough to make it, to make it 'your baby' and put your heart and soul into it then stop when its released. you've already done that, you can't do it more. you can only change it to something else. You gotta let 'your baby' go free and make its way in the world independently of you. because its going to be around long after you are gone.

rongravy
11-Feb-2012, 08:10 PM
Whine, whine, whine.
Don't like him? Move onto something that you do like, or watch older, untouched copies of the movies and STFU.
Geeeeeez.

childofgilead
11-Feb-2012, 11:47 PM
Nice to see you around DP..agree with alot of what was said..Han shot first before he didn't shoot first..I..literally can't believe he would say it never happened. I have my old VHS. I'm not stupid.

And yes, Han shooting first was to show how mercenary he was, how he did not give a shit. In Empire, he had stuck around even though he was being chased by bounty hunters, but was unwilling to take a leadership role. By Jedi, he was a commissioned general. Caring for the lives of his friends and taking responsibility for an important mission.

I've said for years that Star Wars was a success not BECAUSE of Lucas but DESPITE him..he is, no bullshit, the most untalented director to have ever produced a movie. He had an unlimited budget to make the prequels and he made..the prequels.

He was whinging about how nobody wanted to finance Red Tails. MAYBE it's because his name was attached.

Eyebiter
12-Feb-2012, 04:29 PM
Considered going to the theater to see the Phantom Menace in 3D this week. After reading this article, think I'll skip it and watch the original cut of Star Wars on VHS instead.

Danny
12-Feb-2012, 04:42 PM
Why would you consider it at all? can 3d undo a completely broken plot with the worst acting, direction and score in the series?

shootemindehead
13-Feb-2012, 05:37 AM
Jar Jar Binks in 3D?

Bloody hell. I'd rather have my face sandpapered off.

MoonSylver
13-Feb-2012, 10:53 PM
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/PaulH1984/shoot-first-han-solo.jpg

Han. Shot. First. Period. Doesn't make him a "cold blooded killer". Makes him the guy who got the drop on the OTHER guy, the one who was getting ready to shoot HIM.

It grinds my gears when...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/929407/Grinds-my-gears1.jpg

You are the only person I've ever heard use this phrase for real. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
14-Feb-2012, 02:52 AM
those who've watched the walking dead 208 ("nebraska") know that:

rick-fuckin-grimes shoots first, end of scene.

and moon, it's always good to see you on here, man.

MoonSylver
14-Feb-2012, 10:27 PM
those who've watched the walking dead 208 ("nebraska") know that:

rick-fuckin-grimes shoots first, end of scene.

Great scene that. Very "western showdown" vibe.

and moon, it's always good to see you on here, man.

Thanks. Not much time for more than random drive by posting at this point. And I love you too.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/12/128998482277259121.jpg

:lol:

BillyRay
16-Feb-2012, 02:18 AM

Exhibit A:

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/9f/b1/23ac81934931aa6285849ef67d57.jpeg

Mike70
16-Feb-2012, 03:05 AM
Exhibit A:

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/9f/b1/23ac81934931aa6285849ef67d57.jpeg

yes folks, he went there. the atomic arsenal of bad lucas. didn't he "disavow" this cinematic piece of dog shite?