PDA

View Full Version : Listening to (Electronic Pop/Dance Genre)

Neil
15-Feb-2012, 10:51 AM
Andy Bell - Non Stop

fg948GAJ61c

LwAiou4siI8

bteqmF5spGk

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2012, 11:37 AM
Have you heard any M83, Neil? I'm properly into this group.

Here's a single from their latest album (you might have heard it used on a few adverts in recent months)...

dX3k_QDnzHE

Neil
15-Feb-2012, 01:21 PM
Like that! Will search 'em out!

BTW - have you listened to Fluke or 2 Bit Pie?

KKLhtUcukb0

MinionZombie
15-Feb-2012, 03:01 PM
Like that! Will search 'em out!

BTW - have you listened to Fluke or 2 Bit Pie?

KKLhtUcukb0

The only Fluke track I've heard is "Absurd" as it was in The Matrix, and I've not even heard of the other one. Electro Pop is something I generally more dabble in, but M83 was one that really stuck out to me and really appealed to me - I usually listen to stuff like Green Day, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, The Black Angels, and a whole host of other such things, as well as soundtracks.

You should definitely check out some more of M83's stuff - I first learned of them through Top Gear in fact, and got really into their albums. Their latest one "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" is a double album and I absolutely love it. Anthony Gonzalez (who is M83) is often inspired by dreams, John Hughes movies, California, and stuff like that - so this latest album really speaks to those influences. It's kind of a fusion between rock and electro-pop ... I love it. :)

rongravy
15-Feb-2012, 09:59 PM
Andy Bell - Non Stop

Hadn't heard any of his newer solo album yet, pretty sweeet. Have loved him and Erasure for a few decades now...
He/they need to do another ABBA cover album.

Neil
16-Feb-2012, 08:28 AM
Hadn't heard any of his newer solo album yet, pretty sweeet. Have loved him and Erasure for a few decades now...
He/they need to do another ABBA cover album.

I think the "Non-Stop" album is excellent. I listen to it alot! It's like a slightly harder erasure.

-- -------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

The only Fluke track I've heard is "Absurd" as it was in The Matrix, and I've not even heard of the other one. Electro Pop is something I generally more dabble in, but M83 was one that really stuck out to me and really appealed to me - I usually listen to stuff like Green Day, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, The Black Angels, and a whole host of other such things, as well as soundtracks.

You should definitely check out some more of M83's stuff - I first learned of them through Top Gear in fact, and got really into their albums. Their latest one "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" is a double album and I absolutely love it. Anthony Gonzalez (who is M83) is often inspired by dreams, John Hughes movies, California, and stuff like that - so this latest album really speaks to those influences. It's kind of a fusion between rock and electro-pop ... I love it. :)

I'll definately check out M83...

As for Fluke, definately worth checking out their albums:-
Six Wheels On My Wagon (1993)
Oto (1995)
Risotto (1997)

Neil
02-Mar-2012, 10:39 AM
"Apollo 440"

5wRBCC2e8BMZxUPOizpLQ4

"2 Bit Pie", who are basically the child of "Fluke" (see above).

I defy anyone to listen to "Nobody Never" or "Here I Come" and not get a little tingle from it or find their foot tapping :)

ZQkBz3tKgr8O9XUhIGhLa0

Mike70
02-Mar-2012, 05:41 PM
y'all know that i listen to everything except country and rap, so i can dig a lot of this stuff.

the version of "don't fear the reaper" is pretty damn cool. the first apollo 440 vid isn't available in my country because of the uploader's settings (or at least that is what the message says).

i think i like apollo 440 better than 2 bit pie, after going to youtube myself and looking up a few more of their tunes. i like the darker, more edgy techno like orb, orbital, etc. but this stuff isn't bad.

i like the pun in the title of this one "ain't talking bout dub."

Wt9UyhTH87A

krisvds
04-Mar-2012, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6X0IQ9tiiU

and another DM related one though strictly not electronic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6AS2KcsEus&feature=related

Neil
08-Mar-2012, 03:39 PM
I must admit to losing all interest in the "Pet Shop Boys" since their early albums. BUT, "Yes" is IMHO a fabulous electronic pop album (subwoofer recommended :))!

y9Nav0gkDRw

Similarly, with "Aha", their latest and last ever album ever (before they split/retired), "Foot Of The Mountain", is a beautiful way for the group to say farewell!
8ZBtQvP3nd8
Jzx-1bToic8
HIqyYDLp11E

krisvds
08-Mar-2012, 04:02 PM
What do you guys think of fellow countrymen Front 242? Here's one of their best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpUFBVSyWs

Neil
08-Mar-2012, 04:24 PM
^^ Reminds me of NiN!

krisvds
08-Mar-2012, 04:41 PM
Oh god yes! i love NIN so much. Especially the downward spiral - period. I was twenty when I caught a live show in Ghent when they were touring that album and had one of the best evenings in my life.

Tricky
08-Mar-2012, 05:57 PM
Aint 'chall forgetting someone?
r3EIogaEwxY

Fantastic live :cool:

Neil
08-Mar-2012, 06:06 PM
I loved the Prodigy in the 90s.MHvMRyRSKGU

Shame that other less good band by the same name with the same people appeared in the 00s!? And they even sank to producing a track with that ultimate tosspot of the planet, Liam Gallagher!! Talk about losing your street cred!

Tricky
08-Mar-2012, 06:25 PM
The last prodigy album was great I thought, they hadnt done anything good since fat of the land before that though.
Remember Q-bert? That guy is insanely skilled on the decks
a_FFe7lmPuA

Neil
03-Jul-2012, 02:00 PM
Hey! I'm a big softy at times!
IUAdrGKW-94
2dixKa4emCw

Neil
25-Jul-2012, 04:53 PM
Gary Numan back on form!
wmzC8O-Irc0

krisvds
30-Jul-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey Neil, ever heard of Belgian band Goose? They are pretty good live; check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTp9D4cGHdA

Purge
31-Jul-2012, 01:09 PM
An ex-friend introduced me to BT some years back. We saw him in Boston and had the pleasure of meeting him outside the venue. Nice guy.

Yny_vtiDn_k

Kaos
29-Aug-2012, 06:06 PM
A couple of tunes that I am listening to now:

T2gdbQpESNY

and this:

gDcaL3eFSr8

capncnut
30-Aug-2012, 04:51 PM
Present boat floatage courtesy of Jens Moelle of Digitalism.

KL_AIfLOksc
Pop the star gate sequence from 2001 in your DVD player while you play this next one. ;)

FKFohYxKmyc

Tricky
30-Aug-2012, 09:13 PM
Awesome tune from back in the peak of my clubbing days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHYaN-Wwao

capncnut
18-Jan-2013, 09:20 PM
Fyw0Ypg92Lk

This is the one for me at the moment. Can't get enough of it.

shootemindehead
19-Jan-2013, 07:20 AM
Don't listen to much electronicy poppy stuff, but there's bits and pieces on the MP3 that pop up regularly:

SSaiewifTGA

5HVuqrilCM8

azA3MhXq7-8

xSmBC8YSiL0

2cnOvMFnRvs

...and I'm probably the only man in his 30's that actually likes this:

m5H-YlcMSbc

I'm turning into a feckin girl. :kiss: