PDA

View Full Version : this was the first show i'd been to in 15 years...

Mike70
17-Feb-2012, 01:47 PM
after 1995 i stopped going to concerts because i can't really deal with crowds but in 2010, a friend convinced me to go to Columbus and see Pearl Jam (whom i've dug since the very beginning and still like just as much now as i did in 1992). i agreed.

sometimes it is like fate or the maybe the time is just right. i was rewarded for going - pearl jam opened up with "Oceans" one of my fav songs EVER.

saw them the next night in Noblesville and was rewarded again. they opened with "Release."

i haven't been to another concert since. i'm waiting...

i didn't take this vid but here's the opening. still gives me goosebumps thinking about hearing that first note ring out and realizing "holy shit, they are gonna play "Oceans."
mFKHNMSWgoI

krisvds
17-Feb-2012, 06:34 PM
That's really great man.
Great video. There's just too few sincere 'rock' bands around IMO but glad Pearl Jam are still getting it 'right' after all these years.

Mike70
18-Feb-2012, 12:36 AM
That's really great man.
Great video. There's just too few sincere 'rock' bands around IMO but glad Pearl Jam are still getting it 'right' after all these years.

yep. just dudes in jeans and t-shirts playing rock. no huge stage "show' or laser bullshit or costume changes. just the band and music - they way it ought to be. plus when you buy a pearl jam ticket you are going to get a show that is at least 2 hours and 20 mins long at minimum. the fuckers have been known to go on for nearly 3 hours at times. i have a shitload of their "official" bootlegs and their shows are long as all hell

most bands today are more theatre than music, in my opinion. the focus is on everything but the music.