PDA

View Full Version : 12 year old dies on Disney ride in California

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jun-2006, 10:06 PM
a 12 year old boy died after riding the Aerosmith Rock N Roll Rollercoaster. When the ride ended the father of the boy noticed the boy was limp when the train returned to the station. he began CPR and he was taken to Celebration Hospital in Orange County, CA where he was pronounced dead.

Disney has shut down the ride pending an autospy, and the ride will remain closed until state inspectors can investigate.

This ride does 0-60 in 3 seconds, and has a zero incident record since being built in 2002. Also, it is not known if the boy had any illnesses prior to boarding to the ride.

Cody
30-Jun-2006, 07:44 AM
maaan if its the rides fault its $$$ making time

MikePizzoff
30-Jun-2006, 01:10 PM
Hey Blunt, nice avatar!!!!!!!!

Hail
30-Jun-2006, 07:03 PM
It's horrible new for the family but sometimes random horrible things happen for no good reason.
I hope they don't adjust the ride because of it.
It's one of the best rides down there.
There's a place in New Hampshire called Story Land, a real fun place for little kids.
On the Carousel there we had to wait, literally 10 minutes for the ride operator to check each and every kids SEATBELT for the horses.
The ride itself was only 5 minutes!
It was a stupid waste of time.
But it was because some kid took a tumble the summer before and rather than the parents saying "accidents happen" they sued.
So now we all suffer for it.

DeadJonas190
01-Jul-2006, 04:23 AM
It ended up being an unknown heart condition that killed him. That really is a sad story.

HLS
03-Jul-2006, 02:29 AM
I am terrified of rides. I am almost 37 and I break down and cry like a lunatic if I even get within 100 yards of such a ride. That is so sad though. A child so young.

Eyebiter
03-Jul-2006, 02:44 AM
I am terrified of rides. I am almost 37 and I break down and cry like a lunatic if I even get within 100 yards of such a ride. That is so sad though. A child so young.

Try riding the tilt-a-whirl at the local county fair this summer. I'm looking forward to ill maintained equipment, the smell of cotton candy, sweat, and popcorn in the air. Not to mention a carnie ride operator who is most likely a meth addict. Now that's entertainment.

http://www.rideaccidents.com/

Venomous
03-Jul-2006, 05:44 PM
it's still only a northern song... :lol: