PDA

View Full Version : Finding Bigfoot...

Mike70
20-Feb-2012, 04:18 AM
on Animal Planet. i'm not a very humorous person but this show makes me howl in laughter. the ludicrous, pseudo-science employed by the "team" are too much sometimes.

living in ohio, i'm no stranger to bigfoot stories (ohio has the largest number of "sightings" east of the Miss., mostly because southeastern ohio is a virtually uninhabited woodland taken up mostly by the 833,000 acres (that's about 3,300 km2) of the Wayne National Forest.

this is the kind of shit i find funny. along with extremely dark, dry british style humor.

now as to bigfoot's existence: if you ask me if i believe in bigfoot. then no. there is no belief involved in science, only knowledge. so the question really is do i know bigfoot exists in the way that i know that say, polar bears or gorillas exist, then the answer is a solid no. but i'm not closed minded on the subject. there maybe large undiscovered primates - the case of the recently discovered Bili Ape is proof of that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bili_ape

Trancelikestate
20-Feb-2012, 12:04 PM
First and foremost almost all "reality" TV shows have this over the top dramatic feel because they think thats what people want. Tru tv is the number one culprit with that travesty of a show "operation repo". South park never lets me down though. Course there is no youtube vid but they have picked up on this retarded sense of programming. One of the more recent episodes i recall them making fun of "hairy bikers". Personally it makes me wanna shove spoons in my eyes, but at least it's good for a laugh.

Does bigfoot exist? Prob not but if it does and we discover it, it will be the worst thing to ever happen to it. But if these a$$holes discover it, it'lll be the worst thing to happen to any species period! Poachers or no!

Sammich
21-Feb-2012, 11:48 PM
At first I wasn't too interested in the show, but after watching a few episodes I like it. It has to be the only reality show with little to no confrontations. Matt and Rennae do get into disagreements but don't result in screaming matches that end in throwing stuff, storming off and crying like in the other blatantly scripted stupidity shows.

How can you hate a show with a 6 1/2 foot tall guy named Bobo?

Rottedfreak
22-Feb-2012, 02:17 PM
All these shows are drivel. I could have bought Ghost Hunters in it's first and second season but then they did this episode on the RMS Queen Mary when a girl tour guide allegedly singlehandedly faked bed sheets being pulled off a bed in a cabin, not one of them, not the hosts, not the tech guys and not the girl could act for peanuts.
Since then the shows had ghost hits in every episode.

bassman
22-Feb-2012, 02:20 PM
I knew a guy that saw Sasquatch...

BHcVNAuFK1Y

"Git. I said....GIT":lol:

It still makes me laugh...

Mike70
23-Feb-2012, 03:11 PM
At first I wasn't too interested in the show, but after watching a few episodes I like it. It has to be the only reality show with little to no confrontations. Matt and Rennae do get into disagreements but don't result in screaming matches that end in throwing stuff, storming off and crying like in the other blatantly scripted stupidity shows.

How can you hate a show with a 6 1/2 foot tall guy named Bobo?

that is an interesting point you've made. whatever the flaws the show has (there are many), they play it rather straight and it isn't your usual american reality show, where they are more interested in getting people to scream and cry at one another than any real substance.

the thing that mainly bothers me is the obvious lack of objectivity by some of the team members, esp. matt.

-- -------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

I knew a guy that saw Sasquatch...

BHcVNAuFK1Y

"Git. I said....GIT":lol:

It still makes me laugh...

"this thing was 10 foot tall, he had beautiful hair."

:lol: i think perhaps this dude has spent too much time in the woods alone.

Publius
24-Feb-2012, 09:29 AM
I dunno, the show has my six-year-old persuaded that Bigfoot exists. I'm trying to talk some sense into him.