PDA

View Full Version : A part of the zombie apocalypse genre that has been overlooked far too long

Sammich
24-Feb-2012, 02:03 AM
I like chicks, dogs, and zombies. 2 out of 3 is good enough for me and this HAS to be made into a tv series or movie.

Rex Zombie Killer (http://www.rexzombiekiller.com/)

"In the wake of a zombie apocalypse, a Golden Retriever and a small pack of animals, accompanied by a bat-wielding gorilla, attempt to cross the country to find safety. But they'll face many dangers, including a group of outlaw bikers! Homeward Bound meets The Walking Dead in this double-sized one-shot!"

AcesandEights
24-Feb-2012, 02:09 AM
"In the wake of a zombie apocalypse, a Golden Retriever and a small pack of animals, accompanied by a bat-wielding gorilla, attempt to cross the country to find safety. But they'll face many dangers, including a group of outlaw bikers!

Okay, even though I get a little miffed about goofy co-opting of the genre...this does sound so out there it comes back around to sounding awesome.

Sammich
24-Feb-2012, 02:23 AM
The gorilla knows sign language too!

Thorn
24-Feb-2012, 12:44 PM
Works well in a comic book, not sure if it would translate well into film... I was wrong about Hellboy on that front I guess so who knows ;)

blind2d
24-Feb-2012, 01:44 PM
Mm, cool idea. Make it animated.

AcesandEights
24-Feb-2012, 01:48 PM
Mm, cool idea. Make it animated.

Yeah, to be honest, the first thing I thought of when I read the description was sorrowful The Plague Dogs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Plague_Dogs_%28film%29).

Ragnarr
06-Mar-2012, 12:29 AM
Actually, an animated zombie series that would air late night (when the kiddies are sleeping that is) would be fairly cool I'd say. The animated comic book style thing they have on TWD website seems pretty spooky. I think they could make it work and do well overall. No apes though. None at all, not even a banana.

Thorn
07-Mar-2012, 07:42 PM
Actually, an animated zombie series that would air late night (when the kiddies are sleeping that is) would be fairly cool I'd say. The animated comic book style thing they have on TWD website seems pretty spooky. I think they could make it work and do well overall. No apes though. None at all, not even a banana.

Agree, I would love to see this if the tone and style were done right.

Sammich
07-Mar-2012, 07:48 PM
Ralph Bakshi could make an animated version work, but I don't know if he retired.

Mike70
10-Mar-2012, 02:09 AM
is this what happens when people high on nitrous write comic books? this is the craziest frakking thing i've seen this week.

i'm off to look them up immediately. :lol: