PDA

View Full Version : Forget vodka jelly, sambuca jelly rocks

Neil
26-Feb-2012, 07:32 PM
Made some sambuca jelly for a party over the weekend. Absolutely lovely stuff! Highly recommended!

MinionZombie
27-Feb-2012, 11:40 AM
Made some sambuca jelly for a party over the weekend. Absolutely lovely stuff! Highly recommended!

I've only had Sambuka once, and it was flaming shots, rather than in jelly ... and I was so floored (literally) that I can't remember for the life of me what it tasted like, hehe. :D Indeed it took me a few years to actually remember I'd even drunk any Sambuka. :p

Andy
27-Feb-2012, 12:04 PM
I was barred from a pub and chased by a landlord for accidently killing a coy carp once.

Becuase of sambuca..

Neil
27-Feb-2012, 12:39 PM
I was barred from a pub and chased by a landlord for accidently killing a coy carp once.

Becuase of sambuca..

Flaming sambuca, dead coy carp..? Hmmmm! You weren't drunk and hungry were you?

-- -------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I've only had Sambuka once, and it was flaming shots, rather than in jelly ... and I was so floored (literally) that I can't remember for the life of me what it tasted like, hehe. :D Indeed it took me a few years to actually remember I'd even drunk any Sambuka. :p

Seriously! Next time you have a party, get yourself some clear gelatine and some sambuca. Follow the quantities except change 50% of the water to sambuca. Voila!

I recon you could probably go to about 60% too, given how well 50/50 set!

ps: Put it in very large silicon moulds. Far easier to get it out again! Worse case just set it in small bowls or something.

Andy
27-Feb-2012, 12:58 PM
Flaming sambuca, dead coy carp..? Hmmmm! You weren't drunk and hungry were you?

Not flaming, just a staff night out when i worked with tesco many a year ago, best night to make an arse of yourself btw, and me and my best mate finished a full bottle of sambuca between us before we got to the pub, carried on drinking and i kinda threw up in the pond in the beer garden. Next thing i know the big bastard landlord is chasing me down the street with a bat and demanding £1000 for his prize fish :lol:

Never forget that night :D

MinionZombie
27-Feb-2012, 06:13 PM
I had a jelly vodka shot once ... bit of a faff to be honest. The stuff refused to slide out of the container and down my gullet ... it was like dislodging a chunk of chicken from between teeth at the back of your mouth or something. :p

Not much of a drinker though to be honest ... my tolerance was never high, and over the years it's gone down ... halved even. I like a buzz, but I don't ultimately enjoy being drunk (I've seen photos and footage of my drunken antics and it's cringe-inducing in the cold light of day ... ... but admittedly fun for an hour or so during the actual booze-fest) ... ... however the inevitable nausea and even vom-sesh isn't at all enjoyable. :lol:

AcesandEights
27-Feb-2012, 06:19 PM
Jello shots are great fun, haven't had any in a dog's age. I never ever would have considered sambuca, but maybe I'll give it a shot if I ever get the chance.

Neil
28-Feb-2012, 09:06 AM
Jello shots are great fun, haven't had any in a dog's age. I never ever would have considered sambuca, but maybe I'll give it a shot if I ever get the chance.

Definately worth a go. As I asid above:-
Get some clear gelatine and some sambuca. Follow the quantities except change 50% of the water to sambuca. Voila!

I recon you could probably go to about 60% too, given how well 50/50 set!

I just used this stuff which came in handy sachets for 1pint of liquid/jelly.

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/public/0WbYaePdz_wvy8NX5sZS8fruseSlPdaAUq29SWv0SnD3RFkxXq VNtx1KcZ0Db9_PCC5mFaaNH66o9PTXUEDtoxzXqhw_RSPQuA-vjtBV9iwz8ic3OvCVXZzRnv9Tva66KOyNnqO6jQjjYZcywiFkj nJj

rongravy
28-Feb-2012, 10:22 PM

I was lost on this thread until you said jello. I was like WTF would someone make jelly out of vodka?!?!? And how?!?!? Would it actually taste good with peanut butter?!?!?
Grodie to the max.
Still, not a fan of jello shots either. If I'm going to throw anything up, it better be nothing but hard liquor and stomach acid coming back at me. I don't want to retaste the rainbow, if you know what I mean...