PDA

View Full Version : Davy Jones (The Monkeys) dies...

Neil
29-Feb-2012, 05:56 PM
...aged just 66.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17214430

Davy Jones, Manchester-born lead singer with 60s band The Monkees, has died aged 66, his publicist has confirmed.

He died in his sleep at his home in Florida. His publicist, Deborah Robicheau, said he had a massive heart attack.

Bye Davy, you were great!

nU615FaODCg

Mike70
29-Feb-2012, 06:01 PM
at least he went peacefully.

like many of you, i have very fond memories of the monkee's tv show (which was in syndication by the time i was 5 or 6) and now, yet another little piece of childhood is gone.

on another note: we are the first people in the history of this planet who can say about a person's death: "he was just 66."

rongravy
29-Feb-2012, 06:25 PM
Bummer indeed.

Legion2213
29-Feb-2012, 06:32 PM
They used to show their show in the UK now and then, seemed like good clean, silly fun with plenty of groovy music thrown in (almost like a live action cartoon in some ways).

Rest in peace, Davy.

rongravy
29-Feb-2012, 07:44 PM
Well, I guess Bowie can have his name back.
I loved watching their show when it used to play on MTV in the 80's. Wish it was still on somewhere. I also loved that Frank Zappa had a cameo in their movie...
I saw a video once where Frank and Mike played each other, awesome stuff.

ProfessorChaos
29-Feb-2012, 08:42 PM
i cannot f*cking stand the monkees. not that i'm happy about this guy's death or anything....it's just that the monkees is one of those bands that sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. that is all.