PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones on bluray

Neil
01-Mar-2012, 12:07 PM
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8283

So the original trilogy will finally be on bluray! Nice!

Not fussed about the odd recent one, but the original trilogy I'd like to own on bluray, if only to get a copy before Lucas finally decided he can improve them and starts f***ing them up as badly as the Star Wars films!
:deadhorse:

bassman
01-Mar-2012, 12:14 PM
[ the original trilogy I'd like to own on bluray, if only to get a copy before Lucas finally decided he can improve them and starts f***ing them up as badly as the Star Wars films!

I don't think that will happen because of Spielberg. He's stated that he learned his lesson with E.T., reversed what he had changed, and would never do it again. I hope Lucas would have the respect for Spielberg not to change anything behind his back.....

As for the set - Oh hell yeah. Day one purchase. New features too! Woot woot!

Neil
01-Mar-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't think that will happen because of Spielberg. He's stated that he learned his lesson with E.T., reversed what he had changed, and would never do it again. I hope Lucas would have the respect for Spielberg not to change anything behind his back.....

As for the set - Oh hell yeah. Day one purchase. New features too! Woot woot!
Shame Spielberg can't rub some of that opinion off onto Lucas. I watched the beginning of Return of the Jedi last night and grimaced at the stupid CGI'd new music track in Jabba's palace! Damn you Lucas!

LouCipherr
01-Mar-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8283

So the original trilogy will finally be on bluray! Nice!

It's about DAMN time! I was getting tired of Crystal Skull being the only Indy BR disc in my collection.

The only thing I'm worried about is the HD transfer. Hopefully they will get it right. If they do, this'll be a first-day purchase for me. :D

AcesandEights
01-Mar-2012, 01:28 PM
The original Indiana Jones trilogy AND a free coaster? Sweet :thumbsup:

LouCipherr
06-Mar-2012, 07:34 PM

"Damn the fridge, full speed ahead!" :lol:

Neil
07-Mar-2012, 07:32 AM

LOL!! Nice!

bassman
07-Mar-2012, 01:37 PM
I bet they'll release this set around the same time as the blu ray collections for James Bond and The Twilight Zone. The wife is going to kill me....

krisvds
07-Mar-2012, 06:28 PM
I bet they'll release this set around the same time as the blu ray collections for James Bond and The Twilight Zone. The wife is going to kill me....

lol. I know the feeling. Just tell her it's to 'future proof' your collection and that you're buying all this stuff for your kids.
That's what I do.

doesn't really work though

bassman
27-Jun-2012, 04:00 PM
September 18th.

I love the cover art:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91Qf2BW7mlL._AA1500_.jpg

shootemindehead
27-Jun-2012, 05:28 PM
I'll probably get the first two, if they can be bought separately. I've no desire to polute my shelves with the other two.

bassman
17-Aug-2012, 12:51 PM
Raiders in IMAX, baby! :hyper:

iVafAz78A08

bassman
11-Sep-2012, 01:04 AM
Just a heads up.....while Raiders is currently playing in IMAX theaters nationwide, AMC theaters will also be screening the entire Indy series this Saturday(Sept. 15th).