PDA

View Full Version : Terra Nova (TV) cancelled

Neil
06-Mar-2012, 10:19 AM
US TV network Fox has cancelled Steven Spielberg drama Terra Nova after just one season.

The big budget dinosaur series averaged 7.5 million viewers in the US but failed to do as well as hoped.

Never watched it myself... Did I miss anything?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17269054

EvilNed
06-Mar-2012, 11:09 AM
YES!

That series was such shit. I only saw the pilot, but damn was it bad.

Danny
06-Mar-2012, 11:10 AM
Good it was terrible. I posted a long ass rant a while ago that LOST has ruined genre tv. Instead of telling us everything we need to know about a season in the pilot they use the entire first season to drip feed us 'answers' when even LOST was never about the answers, its about the journey like all good genre tv.

Now its all watercooler bollocks and since lost only falling skies and fringe are remotely interesting and even they, especially falling skies, tell you in a season what you should know in the first episode.

Christopher Jon
06-Mar-2012, 01:57 PM
<sarcasm>didn't see that coming</sarcasm>

Instead of telling us everything we need to know about a season in the pilot they use the entire first season to drip feed us 'answers' when even LOST was never about the answers, its about the journey like all good genre tv.

Terra Nova could have been cut down to the pilot + finale. Nothing happened inbetween. Just an awful show.

V suffered the same problem. Episode after episode of nothing happening. Wasted potential.

Falling Skies barely has a pulse. If it gets a second season I doubt it'll get a third.

I don't mind a good drip feed but some shows just drag ass.

I'm probably the one person on Earth who hasn't seen Lost aside from a couple of random episodes.

Trancelikestate
06-Mar-2012, 02:14 PM
I have never seen 1 second of lost.

Legion2213
06-Mar-2012, 08:35 PM
I gave up on lost some time in the middle of season three, got sick of them pulling new mysteries out of their asses.

bassman
06-Mar-2012, 08:49 PM
I have never seen 1 second of lost.

Consider yourself lucky. I gave it several chances on the recommendations of others, but it's probably the most overrated show in history.

Neil
07-Mar-2012, 09:52 AM
I gave up on lost some time in the middle of season three, got sick of them pulling new mysteries out of their asses.

Same for me too... Was good for the first few series...

Did they ever explain that damn mad smoke monster?

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2012, 10:06 AM
Consider yourself lucky. I gave it several chances on the recommendations of others, but it's probably the most overrated show in history.

To each their own I guess, I loved it.

Same for me too... Was good for the first few series...

Did they ever explain that damn mad smoke monster?

Yes, in season six. Funny that some people gave up on season 3, because season 4 is where it got very focussed (they set themselves three more seasons, a certain number of episodes - less-per-season, too - and personally I found season 5 to be just fantastically captivating).

It always makes me laugh when some people pissed and moaned about the finale saying "ooh, they didn't answer anything!" - and I wonder, have they been watching the same show as I have all these years? It was never about answers or making it easy for the viewer, the broad strokes were covered just fine by the end, and indeed as these same whinger bang on about, the Polar Bear was essentially explained as to how it got on the island and why (it wasn't told by dunderheaded bashing you over the head as some major plot point - it never was anyway - but there were animals being imported to the island for testing).