PDA

View Full Version : Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (zomcom film)

Neil
07-Mar-2012, 07:45 AM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/etan-cohen-boy-scouts-zombies-paramount-men-in-black-iii-297117

Etan Cohen, one of the town's hottest comedy scribes, is in negotiations to make his directorial debut on Paramount's horror-comedy Boy Scouts vs. Zombies.

With an "it's all in the title" moniker, Boy Scouts centers on a troop that must save a group of girl scouts from a pack of zombies with designs on spoiling a camping trip.

Ltreese96
05-May-2012, 10:33 PM
It sounds like a great Live Action Role-Playing idea. It would be a lot of fun and people would enjoy it. I know that I would.

Neil
26-Sep-2013, 10:15 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Paranormal-Activity-Marked-Ones-Director-Helm-Boy-Scouts-Zombies-39553.html

...the studio is moving forward on Boy Scouts vs. Zombies. Deadline reports Paramount has hired Christopher Landon, the helmer of the Paranormal Activity spin-off Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, to direct.

Boy Scouts vs. Zombies’s screenplay by Carrie Evans and Emi Mochizuki snagged a coveted spot on the Black List (the list of unproduced scripts Hollywood producers deem the best) back in 2010. As you probably guessed from the title, its story centers on a Boy Scout troop who are forced to use their survival skills in a confrontation with a man-eating pack of zombies. From this concept you might infer that this movie is meant to be a mix of horror and comedy, and early reports would back you up there.

wayzim
26-Sep-2013, 12:07 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/etan-cohen-boy-scouts-zombies-paramount-men-in-black-iii-297117

Thankfully it doesn't sound in the least like this short fiction of mine I've had on the shelf. It's called Meritorious, in which a cub scout troop cleaning up a New Jersey cemetary is caught in an unspecified disaster. And when they're virtually abandoned by the adults, paranoia runs high among the kids as they imagine all manner of mayhem - including the zombie apocalypse. Yes kiddies, I'm plotting a return to writing Horror fiction.
Right now it's between submitting this to HPOTD; or a Frankenstein/Zombie/Lovecraftian style love story. But as for Boy Scouts vs Zombies, even with Ethan at the helm, it still sounds pretty much paint by numbers at this time. Unless they can get a truly bright bunch of kids to work with, because it seems like that's the only way to make it fun.

Wayne Z.

AcesandEights
26-Sep-2013, 01:32 PM
It's called Meritorious, in which a cub scout troop cleaning up a New Jersey cemetary is caught in an unspecified disaster. And when they're virtually abandoned by the adults, paranoia runs high among the kids as they imagine all manner of mayhem - including the zombie apocalypse.

Love it! Great premise.

Buzzbomb
26-Sep-2013, 11:05 PM
I wonder if the Scouts will have a Zombie killing badge :clown:

Neil
28-Aug-2015, 01:49 PM
ZOhSbNJ7MqI

MinionZombie
28-Aug-2015, 05:06 PM
Saw the red band trailer (slow-mo zombie cop bewbs, FYI :lol: ) for this last week. Should be good for a chuckle ... whether it's actually good or not remains to be seen, natch ... I'm kinda wavering on this one (whereas "Cooties" looks great from the get-go. I'm looking forward to seeing that one!)