PDA

View Full Version : Venom spin-off flick

Neil
07-Mar-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54094

Josh Trank is currently in talks with the studio about reviving the VENOM spin-off that's been in development since 2007, right around the time he made his first appearance in Sam Raimi's final SPIDER-MAN film. Gary Ross was originally signed onto direct the film that would have cast Venom more an an antihero than a villain, but when the project ultimately stalled, he was onto other things.

bassman
07-Mar-2012, 01:40 PM
Sony is really going to drain their Spiderman property rights of every penny, aren't they?

AcesandEights
07-Mar-2012, 01:41 PM
Sony is really going to drain their Spiderman property rights of every penny, aren't they?

Yup, lessening the overall value of the IP while they're at it :(

ProfessorChaos
07-Mar-2012, 10:52 PM
horrible idea. they should just wait to include him in the new movies, if they are that interested in bringing venom to the big screen properly....but even that sounds like a bad idea to me, though. venom is a bit over-rated, if you ask me.

on a related note, i wonder if they are going to do the gwen stacy story properly with this new series of films? i seriously doubt she meets her fate in this film, but perhaps they could kill her off in pt 2 with the green goblin as the villain. then again, this interpretation seems to draw more from the "ultimate spider-man" universe rather than the classic spidey-mythology....yet they insist on calling it the "amazing" spider-man.

oh, and the trailer for the new flick looked wicked in 3D. will probably end up paying extra to see it in IMAX 3D.