PDA

View Full Version : The next Rambo film

Neil
09-Mar-2012, 02:11 PM
Nice Stallone interview here - http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/03/06/on-feuding-with-arnold-schwarzenegger-and-whats-wrong-with-todays-action-heroes/

I’m dying to do another Rambo. He’s in Arizona on the border. It will involve him going into Mexico. I don’t think Rambo likes Mexicans.

AcesandEights
09-Mar-2012, 02:16 PM
I don’t think Rambo likes Mexicans.

Oh, dear...

Knighty
09-Mar-2012, 03:33 PM
At one point wasn't the plot going to be Rambo vs a genetically modified big cat? I honesty believe I read that somewhere a few years back

Neil
09-Mar-2012, 03:49 PM
^^ What ever you're smoking, I want some!

Knighty
09-Mar-2012, 03:54 PM
Boom! http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43045

Read it and weep ;)

axlish
09-Mar-2012, 09:53 PM
They were toying with Rambo vs. The Thing as well. It could have been interesting, but likely would have been awful. Better left to comic books I say (a la Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash).

Neil
09-Mar-2012, 10:00 PM
Boom! http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43045

Read it and weep ;)

La! La! La! *fingers in ears* La! La! La! Nope! Not true!

Joking aside! Hmmmm!

MoonSylver
09-Mar-2012, 10:51 PM
Oh, dear...

I hope he's joking...and if so, it's still in pretty bad taste. :(

That having been said, that would make for a good "relevent" topic a la the last ones. The cartels, immigration, how people are suffering in the cross fire, etc. Dovetails nicely into the end of the last one too. ;)

bassman
09-Mar-2012, 11:00 PM
Stallone has been talking about a fifth Rambo ever since the fourth. Before that, he was pushing for a fourth. The guy has even suggested a Demolition Man 2.

He's just trying to re-live former glory. While I enjoyed Expendables(a rare new property for Stallone), I fear he's hurting himself with these sequels.

MoonSylver
09-Mar-2012, 11:07 PM
Stallone has been talking about a fifth Rambo ever since the fourth. Before that, he was pushing for a fourth. The guy has even suggested a Demolition Man 2.

He's just trying to re-live former glory. While I enjoyed Expendables(a rare new property for Stallone), I fear he's hurting himself with these sequels.

I would agree. Except I thought #4 was pretty good. :) Now "Rocky" he can leave be, but I'm still up for one at least one more Rambo :D

bassman
09-Mar-2012, 11:16 PM
I would agree. Except I thought #4 was pretty good. :) Now "Rocky" he can leave be, but I'm still up for one at least one more Rambo :D

"Rambo", as it's called isn't a bad film. But along with the prior sequels it just spits in the face of what made First Blood great. First Blood was a film that really made Stallone a great actor(along with Rocky, of course). After that, he's continued to milk every franchise under his belt until it's nothing more than a gimmick. John Rambo used to be an every man. Now he's some sort of R-rated gorehound...

"Rocky Balboa" isn't bad, either. It's just basically a remake....

DjfunkmasterG
10-Mar-2012, 01:00 AM
"Rambo", as it's called isn't a bad film. But along with the prior sequels it just spits in the face of what made First Blood great. First Blood was a film that really made Stallone a great actor(along with Rocky, of course). After that, he's continued to milk every franchise under his belt until it's nothing more than a gimmick. John Rambo used to be an every man. Now he's some sort of R-rated gorehound...

Rocky Balboa is more than a remake, it was at least a decent send off to the series, and it helps you forget the god awful #5

Get snipes out of Jail and I would definitely be down for a Demolition Man 2

AcesandEights
10-Mar-2012, 01:55 AM
Get snipes out of Jail and I would definitely be down for a Demolition Man 2

But, but...

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/118/1186019/truly-great-ways-for-movie-villains-to-die--20110815044549893.jpg

bassman
10-Mar-2012, 02:10 AM
Rocky Balboa is more than a remake, it was at least a decent send off to the series, and it helps you forget the god awful #5

Rocky Balboa is as much of a remake as Rocky 2. I don't mean to say Rocky 2 is a bad film, but it's obvious that Stallone has made a career out of milking his characters.

axlish
10-Mar-2012, 02:10 AM
Two words, Cobra 2.

MoonSylver
10-Mar-2012, 02:28 AM

Mmm. Points taken. But those ships sailed long ago, insofar as avoiding tarnishing the legacy so to speak, so I'm not too fussed if he makes another one now. :)

Two words, Cobra 2.

Back in the day I would'a been SO down for that. Now, eh...once again, I'd say the ship already sailed there too. :D

axlish
10-Mar-2012, 01:18 PM
Back in the day I would'a been SO down for that. Now, eh...once again, I'd say the ship already sailed there too. :D

Why? Is it too unrealistic to have him pick up a gun, point it at a thug and spout a one-liner? C'mon Cobretti!

Knighty
10-Mar-2012, 01:24 PM
Rambo Vs Hercules In New York Vs The Last Boy Scout...needs to be done

MinionZombie
10-Mar-2012, 05:01 PM
Like the sound of that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than that silly idea thrown around a while back about Rambo vs The Yeti or whatever it was (idiotic!). I loved Rambo 4, it was a kick arse action flick. Wasn't mad keen on the 2nd or 3 movies, but loved the first and loved the fourth. A fifth might be good too.

Rocky Balboa was excellent - that's left well enough alone now. It's gone out on a high note and it should stay there sitting pretty. Demolition Man 2? That'd be cool - like San Angeles + however many years it's been, to see what that futuristic society has become after they loosened their neckties a bit, you know?

A Cobra 2? Can't see that happening - plus it's a movie and character that deserves to remain in the 1980s. It's so very, very 1980s (but in a really kick arse way), and I think it'd be weird and out-of-place 30 years later, I don't know...

Christopher Jon
10-Mar-2012, 06:20 PM
Tango and Cash 2?

Demolition Man, I'd throw that one in the reboot file.

Demolition Man was a casualty of the late 90's. Cool idea and tons of potential plus every restaurant is a Taco Bell. Utopia or dystopia? The class division and undercurrent of revolution. A perfect world on the outside that was decaying on the inside. A lot of big neat ideas.

Unfortunately they tossed out anything serious and gave us Rob Schneider and toilet paper jokes.

MoonSylver
12-Mar-2012, 09:58 PM
Why? Is it too unrealistic to have him pick up a gun, point it at a thug and spout a one-liner? C'mon Cobretti!

Nah, just been such a long stretch since the 1st one, plus it's such a "product of its times", so to speak, that in either case I don't think it would work. :(

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2012, 10:32 AM
Nah, just been such a long stretch since the 1st one, plus it's such a "product of its times", so to speak, that in either case I don't think it would work. :(

Plus it was easier to resurrect Rambo as it was a three-film franchise and icon of Western action cinema ... Rocky too had five films to the franchise and is a worldwide phenomenon ... Cobra is one movie very much from the 1980s, and as cool and enjoyably dark as it is, it doesn't have the clout.

hehe, as a side note, I was just listening to "The Happy Song" by Poets of the Fall, and it matched up perfectly with Moon's signature gif - awesome. :D