PDA

View Full Version : So.. just one episode left. What are you hoping to see?

Thorn
15-Mar-2012, 12:58 PM
There is a lot that has happened over the course of this season, fans of the trades and fans of the show both have been shocked and surprised and there are a number of threads that are still lose and unresolved. On top of that as fans there are things we WANT to see in our zombie movies/shows.

SO if you could have any one thing happen what would that be?

(If you are a reader of the comics please be mindful of spoilers)

For me personally I am just looking forward to that last stand type defense of the house, I would love to see something that was in a way like Night of the living dead where we had a siege scenario but with our survivors being more aggressive and more take the fight to them sorts.

The children and those who were night fighters in the house and the fighter types (male and female alike) working to defend the farm as best they can.

I also want a very high body count.

Eat Flesh
15-Mar-2012, 01:26 PM
There is a lot that has happened over the course of this season, fans of the trades and fans of the show both have been shocked and surprised and there are a number of threads that are still lose and unresolved. On top of that as fans there are things we WANT to see in our zombie movies/shows.

SO if you could have any one thing happen what would that be?

(If you are a reader of the comics please be mindful of spoilers)

For me personally I am just looking forward to that last stand type defense of the house, I would love to see something that was in a way like Night of the living dead where we had a siege scenario but with our survivors being more aggressive and more take the fight to them sorts.

The children and those who were night fighters in the house and the fighter types (male and female alike) working to defend the farm as best they can.

I also want a very high body count.

You might see a bit of a siege scenario. I wonder if there is a chance the main group leaves but Hershel a couple others stay behind and we follow the group on the road and the Hershel group in a siege situation at the house. If you will recall a couple of episodes ago Hershel said to the group that he was stocking up the basement of the house with supplies so they could hold up in there for days and still have food etc... if they had to.

I would find that interesting, in my scenario above probably eventually Hershel and company get overrun and feasted upon and that would close the book on the farmhouse in the show. Then we continue to carry on with Rick and the rest of the group on the road.

bassman
15-Mar-2012, 01:34 PM
I knew from the start of Season Two that it was always going to be a cliffhanger ending, I just hoped it would be more of a "OH SH*T, I can't wait till next season!" rather than a "WTF kind of ending was that?!?". From what I hear, we'll be getting more of the "I can't wait!!!" ending that should make comic fans happy, but may leave tv-only viewers a bit in the "WTF?" category....

Legion2213
15-Mar-2012, 02:33 PM
I want a 40 minute zombie war. :D

But I'll settle for 10 minutes becasue zombie attacks in TWD are pretty damn special (still think the camp attack in S1 was perfection).

I fully expect the farm (and several farm folks) to be a sad, bitter memory next season.

Wondering if any action will be initiated by Randalls group, maybe they pitch up at the farm, start shooting and that forest herd gets all riled and decides it's feedin' time!

Thorn
15-Mar-2012, 02:33 PM
I knew from the start of Season Two that it was always going to be a cliffhanger ending, I just hoped it would be more of a "OH SH*T, I can't wait till next season!" rather than a "WTF kind of ending was that?!?". From what I hear, we'll be getting more of the "I can't wait!!!" ending that should make comic fans happy, but may leave tv-only viewers a bit in the "WTF?" category....

I like the idea Eat Flesh put forward, the best of both worlds with a nod towards Night.

Cliff Hanger ending REALLY??? I HATE Cliff Hanger endings at the close of the season it makes me CRAZY! This is confirmed?????

Legion2213
15-Mar-2012, 02:40 PM
I like the idea Eat Flesh put forward, the best of both worlds with a nod towards Night.

Cliff Hanger ending REALLY??? I HATE Cliff Hanger endings at the close of the season it makes me CRAZY! This is confirmed?????

It would actually be better to see the remains of our group riding off all banged up and upset after losing several folks wouldn't it...like season 1, but after taking a far heavier beating/losses...maybe the farmhouse engulfed in flames and tons of bodies lying about while surviving walkers feed on what if there.

Thorn
15-Mar-2012, 02:58 PM
It would actually be better to see the remains of our group riding off all banged up and upset after losing several folks wouldn't it...like season 1, but after taking a far heavier beating/losses...maybe the farmhouse engulfed in flames and tons of bodies lying about while surviving walkers feed on what if there.

Agreed. I don't want a cliff hanger, I want a nice tidy ending to the season where we are left to ponder the implications of what we just saw, and anticipate what is to come. I don't want a guy hanging on for dear life and falling wondering if he is going ot b caught all summer long.

krisvds
15-Mar-2012, 03:03 PM
a) get off the farm after a long and bloody siege

b) suspense and dread please

c) what did Jenner tell Rick, at least a mention ...

d) whatever happened to the father and son (can't remember his name, too tired to look it up) Rick kept radio contact with up 'till episode 1 of this season?

e) why did we see a helicopter in season 1? Any significance?

At least two or three of the above would be nice to see mentioned

Tricky
15-Mar-2012, 03:41 PM
I know whats coming seen as a mate of mine went and plastered the entire episode spoiler across Facebook for all to see :mad: (I posted it in the "Better angels" thread in spoiler tags), I wish i hadnt seen the spoiler in a way, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it all play out!

LouCipherr
15-Mar-2012, 06:41 PM
What am I hoping for?

Every single human to be eaten except for Daryl. :elol:

Legion2213
15-Mar-2012, 06:52 PM
What am I hoping for?

Every single human to be eaten except for Daryl. :elol:

Season 3 will be all about Daryls quest to hunt and consume every walker on the planet.

"I am Redneck Legend"

LouCipherr
15-Mar-2012, 07:19 PM
Season 3 will be all about Daryls quest to hunt and consume every walker on the planet.

"I am Redneck Legend"

Like a boss! :lol: :lol:

I really like that idea - in fact, that would drastically improve an already great show! :D

bassman
15-Mar-2012, 07:55 PM

More or less. It's not a cliffhanger ending like "Tune in next season to find out how Johnny survives the pack of rabid wildebeests!", but more of a cliffhanger as far as how the gang will continue on. Much like the finale for season one where they ride away from the CDC, it's a definite ending to the season but there is an obvious "to be continued" underneath the surface. The "to be continued" will mean more to comic fans than casual viewers, is what I was getting at....

Sammich
15-Mar-2012, 08:21 PM
I am hoping at the end of the episode it features an outside shot of the house while everyone says a Waltons style "good night" to each other.

Legion2213
15-Mar-2012, 08:39 PM
I am hoping at the end of the episode it features an outside shot of the house while everyone says a Waltons style "good night" to each other.

And I thought my idea was good...that is just quality. :D

kidgloves
15-Mar-2012, 09:25 PM
More or less. It's not a cliffhanger ending like "Tune in next season to find out how Johnny survives the pack of rabid wildebeests!", but more of a cliffhanger as far as how the gang will continue on. Much like the finale for season one where they ride away from the CDC, it's a definite ending to the season but there is an obvious "to be continued" underneath the surface. The "to be continued" will mean more to comic fans than casual viewers, is what I was getting at....

I've read the details as well and there is definately going to be huge WTF across the internet. Very ballsy move. Very. I just hope it looks good up on the screen because it could come across as cheesy as hell.

ProfessorChaos
16-Mar-2012, 02:52 AM
i'm also hoping for a NotLD-inspired attack on the isolated farmhouse in the middle of nowhere, but this time with way better and more competent survivors.

i've read the spoilers (shame on me, i know), and from the description, this shiz could be epic.

....i have to admit that i'm a bit apprehensive about how they are going to handle michonne....her character is too over the top for my tastes, and i fear she may come across as cheesy....guess we'll see.

rongravy
16-Mar-2012, 03:50 AM
Yeah, I cheated and peeked, too. I will say I don't think it's going to ruin it for me. I'd already read the general what up in the comics online so I knew the general arc. I think they've done a pretty dang good job of ratcheting up the awesomeness so far this season from the first. I have high hopes for season 3.

rgc2005
16-Mar-2012, 04:02 AM
I listened to an interview with Mazzara (sp) on one of TWD themed podcasts and he specifically stated that the speed of the show will ratchet up to comic book speed. He said comic book fans should really start seeing many more survival danger situations and less room to breath for the characters.
While he did not give any spoilers he did say T-Dogg has a great scene this week and a promising future according to Kirkman.
I caught the spoilers by accident listening to another TWD podcast and if he pulls it off on screen like with the Dale and Shane deaths I do not see a problem for the future of the series.
My hope for the future: Imagine living the life of a Roman soldier Fight, March, Build, Stand Watch, Eat, Sleep.... Repeat for daily 20 years...... this time without a discharge.

Thorn
16-Mar-2012, 01:27 PM

Okay thank god...

Also I love the Redneck I am Legend idea, I smell a spin off!!

-- -------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

I've read the details as well and there is definately going to be huge WTF across the internet. Very ballsy move. Very. I just hope it looks good up on the screen because it could come across as cheesy as hell.

With quotes and thoughts like these trying to NOT read the spoilers is getting hard... DAMN YOU KID!

Moon Knight
16-Mar-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm not reading the spoilers neither but damn the wait is getting intense!

I agree on the classic siege scenario. I think it's finally time we got one. With the title of this episode, however, it's no secret what will be revealed in this one.

Thorn
16-Mar-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not reading the spoilers neither but damn the wait is getting intense!

I agree on the classic siege scenario. I think it's finally time we got one. With the title of this episode, however, it's no secret what will be revealed in this one.

What is the title?

krisvds
16-Mar-2012, 02:09 PM

Having resisted the spoilers I must say your description of the ending led me to believe we will see the
prison

I hope I'm right.

MUST.NOT.CLICK.SPOILERS!

Thorn
16-Mar-2012, 03:40 PM
Having resisted the spoilers I must say your description of the ending led me to believe we will see the
prison

I hope I'm right.

MUST.NOT.CLICK.SPOILERS!

Stand strong brother, stand strong.

bungi43
16-Mar-2012, 05:10 PM
What frightens me is, the season finale is just 1 hour, right?

So they have to fight walkers, address what happened to Shane/Randall (which I assume related to what Jenner told Rick) and possibly hit on some of the stuff in the spoilers above?

It seems like something is going to be rushed/crammed way too fast. Like maybe the zombie battle will be awesome, but only last like 5 minutes.

krisvds
16-Mar-2012, 05:15 PM
What frightens me is, the season finale is just 1 hour, right?

Actually +/- 43 minutes minus all the commercial breaks ...

bungi43
16-Mar-2012, 05:19 PM
Actually +/- 43 minutes minus all the commercial breaks ...

That's a given, I just meant it's a 60 minute time slot, not 90 or 120, right?

-- -------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Anyway, I'm glad it's Friday. Just a little over 2 days away!

Moon Knight
16-Mar-2012, 08:34 PM
What is the title?

I read somewhere the title being "Something in the air"

However, the official title seems to be "Beside the Dying Fire".

bassman
16-Mar-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, it's 'Beside the Dying Fire'. 'Something in the Air' sounds like a total fanboy rumor trying to label things as a virus when there's clearly no reason to believe so....

Tricky
16-Mar-2012, 08:47 PM
I think its still a virus, just one that everyone is carrying, but then when would it have been released if nobody had been coming back as walkers up to the point it started? I doubt it will ever be revealed...

bassman
16-Mar-2012, 09:53 PM
I doubt it will ever be revealed...

I hope not, anyway. Being a fan of Romero's trilogy, Kirkman has always left it "as is". Hopefully the tv show stays the same. The moment they start labeling it as a virus and what it can or can't do, it goes into Resident Evil and 28 Days later territory. So far they've been good about it, even a visit to the CDC revealed that "God's wrath" was still an option. If the CDC can't clearly label it as a virus, then I think it's best to leave it that way.

Besides, the story isn't about how it all happened, but about how these people survive....

Thorn
17-Mar-2012, 12:02 AM
Kirkman will never let them show us how and why it all went down he doesn't want that to happen in the comics and I am sure he has the power to make sure that doesn't happen on the show.

Knighty
17-Mar-2012, 04:10 AM
Besides we all know what started the dead coming to life, same thing that always leads to trouble/death in the group, Karl!
All you need is a flashback scene of him on a school visit to a hospital and knocking over a vial ;)

Hoping we see a big scene from the comics in the last episode, not reading spoilers but I can but hope