PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park in 3D

Neil
16-Mar-2012, 08:59 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/54307

It's going to be easy to jump on the bandwagon and cry out "Why Spielberg why?!" with Universal Pictures confirming that they'll be re-releasing JURASSIC PARK in theatres in 2013 in post-converted 3-D. However, let's just examine one important aspect of this news...

It's JURASSIC PARK back in theatres... back on the big screen... as you fondly remember it...

bassman
08-Nov-2012, 09:40 PM
gz6jkQKuylo

CoinReturn
09-Nov-2012, 12:31 AM
That trailer gave me chills. Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 were the two best theater-going experiences of my young life. Can't wait to see it again on the big screen!

Neil
09-Nov-2012, 10:27 AM
Tempted to take my son along to see this :)

blind2d
10-Nov-2012, 02:37 AM
One of my favorite films ever, and why I loved things with sharp teeth as a wee lad. Will probably go see...

Neil
05-Apr-2013, 09:40 AM
Very +ve review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61826

I know it will likely seem blasphemous to some - converting movies like JURASSIC PARK to 3D. I haven't been the biggest advocate of the technology myself, mostly because the uncomfortability of the glasses and the way they dim the screen - and I urge filmgoers to see JURASSIC PARK 3D in a theater that knows what the hell the words "foot lamberts" means - but JURASSIC PARK 3D is so well done that audiences who aren't willing to spring the extra money for 3D may well reconsider. Isla Nublar never looked so glorious and rich as it does here. Spielberg was always a master at building tension and suspense, and the 3D brings in that immersiveness. It actually adds to the experience instead of being a mere distraction. JURASSIC PARK was always a B-movie at heart, and the 3D makes it the thrill ride that Spielberg always intended.

Not here in the UK until the end of August :(

kidgloves
10-Apr-2013, 09:41 PM
This will be a day one purchase for me when it comes out on bluray. I've become quite a believer in 3d technology, especially the "active" 3d that my tv does. Its no longer a gimmick to me, more of an experience.

kidgloves
18-Apr-2013, 05:28 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand we have a review

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8585/jurassic_park_3d.html

Final Thoughts

'Jurassic Park' is a fun, exciting thrill-ride that imagines an amusement park run amok when its prehistoric live attractions break free. Twenty years later,:eek: the sci-fi/fantasy adventure remains an imaginative motion picture of childhood wonder and visceral thrills. Arriving in a new format, the 3D Blu-ray features great video, which adds to the experience by adding a wonderful sense of immersion, and a demo-worthy audio presentation. Supplements may be the same as before, but they're a great collection with one brand new bonus, making the overall package a highly recommended purchase for fans of the third dimension.

Neil
18-Apr-2013, 06:06 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand we have a review

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/8585/jurassic_park_3d.html

"The story itself is actually rather ordinary" - WTF! There's dinosaurs brought back to life!!! Ordinary?

I don't really like watching 3D at home. Infact, I'll only watch something in 3D at the cinema if it really made/suitable for 3D.

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2013, 06:31 PM
Yep - twenty-ruddy-years ... and I saw it in the cinema when it was originally released. Back when a trip to the cinema was an extremely rare thing (indeed that was the only film we saw at the cinema for the entirety of 1993 ... and I'm not sure if I went again until 1995 to see Goldeneye) ... ... anyway, yes, the summer of 1993. Jurassic Park was the film to see. It was a huge effin' deal and I loved it - and it's still a great film - so yeah, I'm like "yay, I saw this when it originally was in cinemas" :cool: at the same time as "blimey, I saw this when it originally was in cinemas!" :stunned:

Neil
19-Apr-2013, 08:01 PM
^ Dude! I saw Star Wars at the cinema first time around! :eek:

Kaos
19-Apr-2013, 08:06 PM

You and everyone else that was born in 1942. :p

Neil
19-Apr-2013, 09:45 PM

You b*tch!

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2013, 10:11 AM

Well that makes sense, because you're way older than me. I wasn't even born until after the original trilogy had been made. :D

:lol:;):lol:

j/k

Snappity snap snap! :p