View Full Version : Snow White and the Huntsman (film)

Neil
19-Mar-2012, 02:32 PM
-IoKOolzVl8

bassman
19-Mar-2012, 03:23 PM
Looks a hell of a lot better than the upcoming "Mirror, Mirror" that I keep seeing commercials for.

I'll give it a shot, but i've never been a big fan of Lord of th Rings, which obviously had a lot to do with the direction they're going here....

AcesandEights
19-Mar-2012, 03:29 PM
Looks a hell of a lot better than the upcoming "Mirror, Mirror" that I keep seeing commercials for.

I agree. Leave the fun pokes at fairytale style films to the likes of the Princess Bride and Stardust; created and helmed by pople who can actually deliver that sort of fare.

i've never been a big fan of Lord of th Rings
Not a fan of Tolkien or just the films, Bass? I have to admit I like both (minor niggles over excessive use of green globs of cgi aside). We almost surely had this conversation before, but I can't remember.

bassman
19-Mar-2012, 03:53 PM
I've always thought the films were over-hyped and portions of them are poorly made. The sheer scale of the trilogy was a great achievement, but I think they put too much effort in that area and lost focus in others. I own the trilogy on blu ray because my wife is a big fan and we'll watch them from time to time, but I generally lose interest by the middle of Fellowship.