PDA

View Full Version : Best zombie video game (current) ?

acealive1
27-Mar-2012, 12:57 AM
i think we can rule out dead island since it just sucks ass. anyone have any pointers? im looking for games on ps3 :)

Sammich
27-Mar-2012, 01:05 AM
I think that left 4 dead and left 4 dead 2 are still the best zombie shooter games and both games have many regularly released player designed maps and campaigns.

acealive1
27-Mar-2012, 01:17 AM
thanks a bunch, it doesnt play like dead island does it? that engine is terrible

Sammich
27-Mar-2012, 05:06 AM
I don't know I never played dead island. L4D and L4D2 are 4 player co-op type fps through steam if you have a pc. I am not sure how the PS3 version is because I don't have one of those either.

Thorn
27-Mar-2012, 08:57 AM
Dead island is an open world (kind of) zombie/infection game that is an RPG really. L4D and L4D2 are episodic shooters. They play completely differently. L4D and L4D2 are likely the most fun games I have played recently as for zombie games.

Vulture Lives
28-Mar-2012, 09:36 PM
The Left 4 Dead games aren't on PS3. They are great games, though.

Thorn
02-Apr-2012, 03:54 PM
No idea about the Ps3 sadly it is the only platform I do not own.

AcesandEights
02-Apr-2012, 08:00 PM
I just wish there was an expansive and slightly more improved version (maybe grown up is the correct wording) of Fort Zombie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Zombie). Anyone aware of anything like that?

I think a game dedicated to stealth, searching, scavenging, stockpiling, crafting and building out a viable fort, bug out location or the like could be so cool if done correctly. Combat could be rudimentary or detailed, but I want these other options to be the highlight for a change in a well done zombie videogame.

Rancid Carcass
02-Apr-2012, 11:56 PM
I think a game dedicated to stealth, searching, scavenging, stockpiling, crafting and building out a viable fort, bug out location or the like could be so cool if done correctly.

This come pretty close:

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

krisvds
03-Apr-2012, 05:35 AM
As far as games on PS3 go i would say Dead Rising 2 (if you can stomach the rinse and repeat arcadey mechanics and japanese weird sense of humour), Undead nightmare, ...
Don't forget Resident Evil 2 is available on the PSN.

Tricky
03-Apr-2012, 07:29 PM
Dead Island wasnt all that bad on first play, I was really enjoying it till you get to the jungle, then I lost interest. The zombie action was good and the zombies were as they should be, slow, shambling & can take some punishment before dropping. L4D2 is probably the best (not strictly zombies I know) but its really only enjoyable for around an hour at a time. The first Resident Evil game is up there too, although there is a lot of rose tinted nostalgia involved as the dialogue was terrible, but as a 15 year old kid it oozed atmosphere and what seem like restrictions in the game by todays standards seemed like freedom and cutting edge technology back in '97!

Danny
03-Apr-2012, 10:26 PM
the best across the board is left 4 dead 2 on PC and Mac. lots of servers,constant new content and maps from custom campaigns so you are never going to have seen all you can have seen when the fans make new zombie scenarios to escape.

ProfessorChaos
04-Apr-2012, 12:43 AM
even though i really hate crapcom and all the shit they pull with "gold versions" and day-one dlc locked on discs and was totally against the concept at first, i'm quite enjoying dead rising 2: off the record. sandbox mode is awesome from the little i've played of it, and being able to run around in co-op mode with a friend is fun, too.

AcesandEights
06-Apr-2012, 04:32 PM
This come pretty close:

http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Thanks for posting this, RC! I'd seen it some time ago, but forgotten all about it.

The graphical look isn't as gritty as I'd like, but if the gameplay ends up being there, that's
the most important thing.

EvilNed
07-Apr-2012, 09:06 AM
It's funny how L4D is allowed the title "Zombie game" whereas when applying the same genre "to 28 Days Later" people clench their fists and their eyes turn red.

Whoops, it seems I knocked over some kind of can. All sorts of worms are crawling out!

AcesandEights
07-Apr-2012, 02:44 PM
It's funny how L4D is allowed the title "Zombie game" whereas when applying the same genre "to 28 Days Later" people clench their fists and their eyes turn red.

Whoops, it seems I knocked over some kind of can. All sorts of worms are crawling out!

Aren't the 'infected' in the L4D series undead, though? So they're just runners, right, which is a lesser form of evil to some of the zealots.

Danny
07-Apr-2012, 03:26 PM

troofax: if this actually gets anyone buttrustled then its a personal problem. some folks need to get off romeros teat and expand their ideas of what a 'zombie' is.

*now THAT is how you start a shitstorm.

acealive1
08-Apr-2012, 03:31 PM

if they ever made a 28 days later game in the style of gta IV or vice city, i'd be first in line.

MikePizzoff
08-Apr-2012, 11:20 PM
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare is pretty sweet - imagine GTA set in the old west, with zombies. I own a PS3, but use my XBOX much more, so I'm not too familiar with the PS3 catalog.

acealive1
09-Apr-2012, 01:18 AM
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare is pretty sweet - imagine GTA set in the old west, with zombies. I own a PS3, but use my XBOX much more, so I'm not too familiar with the PS3 catalog.

oh i got it, its a great game. plenty of jumpy moments

Karner
03-Jul-2012, 11:30 AM
Two of my favorite zombie games are Resident Evil and Zombie Pandemic.