PDA

View Full Version : Anchorman 2 [film]

Neil
29-Mar-2012, 09:07 AM
...it's happening - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Anchorman-2-Happening-Ferrell-Star-30184.html

_c_ufaxeSTs

Knighty
29-Mar-2012, 09:39 AM
Someone sent me the link last light, I felt giddy!

Cannot wait for this :)

Neil
29-Mar-2012, 09:42 AM
Someone sent me the link last light, I felt giddy!

Cannot wait for this :)
To fear it's come too late though...

bassman
29-Mar-2012, 10:35 AM
After years of false starts, I find it hard to believe it will actually happen.

If it does, i'm already dreading having to hear quotes from the original everyday of my life leading up to the sequel's release. *sigh* People had finally started to give the quotes a rest, too....

Knighty
29-Mar-2012, 10:41 AM
To fear it's come too late though...

As long as the cast actually want to do it (and not forced or just for the money) I think it could still work. All the principle cast have said in the past how enjoyable it was and Ferrel can still hold a comedy film with the best of them.

AcesandEights
29-Mar-2012, 01:30 PM
Don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed the first one. Let the haters hate; all the more enjoyment, in fact :p

If it does, i'm already dreading having to hear quotes from the original everyday of my life leading up to the sequel's release. *sigh* People had finally started to give the quotes a rest, too....

I figured I'd hear this from Danny, but not you! Et tu, Bassy?

bassman
29-Mar-2012, 02:38 PM
I figured I'd hear this from Danny, but not you! Et tu, Bassy?

Don't get me wrong, man.....the movie is hilarious. It's a very funny flick. I just became extremely tired of people quoting the film over and over again. It lasted for many years after the movie was released and really started to get to me. The fact that people were quoting the film says a lot about it's quality, but it just felt like so much in such a little amount of time that I ended up HATING hearing anything about Anchorman.

I look forward to Anchorman 2. I just don't look forward to hearing some assclown throw out quotes every few minutes thinking he's cool for doing so. I love funny movie quotes and use them often, but there comes a time to hold back a bit, ya know?

Mike70
29-Mar-2012, 02:53 PM
sorry but i've got to be a hater. i cannot stand will ferrell and think that along with jerry seinfeld and jay leno, he is probably one of the most unfunny people i can think of.

then again, like i've said before, i tend to find american humor inane, idiotic, childish, crude and unsophisticated. i far prefer darker, drier british style humor.

i just simply don't find most american "comedies" even remotely funny. i actually find most of them insulting to the viewer. i nearly pulled an elvis on my tv the first time i saw the trailer for that american pie reunion movie. that is the last thing the world needs.

LouCipherr
29-Mar-2012, 05:09 PM
sorry but i've got to be a hater. i cannot stand will ferrell and think that along with jerry seinfeld and jay leno, he is probably one of the most unfunny people i can think of.

I'm glad someone else feels the same as I do about Will Ferrell. I cannot STAND him and I think he's probably the most un-funny idiot to ever hit the big screen.

Anchorman 2?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/FORUM%20PICS%202/thestupiditburns.jpg

rongravy
29-Mar-2012, 07:09 PM
I look forward to Anchorman 2. I just don't look forward to hearing some assclown throw out quotes every few minutes thinking he's cool for doing so. I love funny movie quotes and use them often, but there comes a time to hold back a bit, ya know?

But... but... I love lamp?
:elol:

bassman
21-May-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/Anchorman2teaserpostersmall.jpg

-- -------- Post added 21-May-2012 at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was 16-May-2012 at 07:46 AM ----------

MQqT5IbXlNw

Andy
21-May-2012, 06:31 PM
+1 for mike and lou.

I heard about this and i thought.. oh joy.. i havnt been so hyped for a sequel since "Drying Paint 2: Return of the Roller"

:rolleyes:

AcesandEights
21-May-2012, 11:39 PM
+1 for mike and lou.

I heard about this and i thought.. oh joy.. i havnt been so hyped for a sequel since "Drying Paint 2: Return of the Roller"

:rolleyes:

http://personabsurd.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/anchorman-brick-trident.jpg?w=300&h=300

Neil
22-May-2012, 07:24 AM
^^Wonderful picture!!

krakenslayer
22-May-2012, 09:00 AM
then again, like i've said before, i tend to find american humor inane, idiotic, childish, crude and unsophisticated. i far prefer darker, drier ;)british style humor.

Funny you should say that, Mike, because normally I would completely agree with you: I cannot stand primitive, formulaic, schmaltzy comedies like Friends and American Pie, but Anchorman is one of my favourite movies. I don't think of it as a standard American comedy though; if I was asked to describe it I'd say it was like a cross between Alan Partridge and Money Python, and that's really what I like about it. Oh well, different strokes and all that.

With that said, I didn't find the teaser as funny as I'd expected. Still, hope it's great.

Neil
22-May-2012, 09:02 AM

then again, like i've said before, i tend to find american humor inane, idiotic, childish, crude and unsophisticated. i far prefer darker, drier british style humor.

i just simply don't find most american "comedies" even remotely funny. i actually find most of them insulting to the viewer. i nearly pulled an elvis on my tv the first time i saw the trailer for that american pie reunion movie. that is the last thing the world needs.

I can agree with that in many cases. But Anchor Man is almost like Monty Python in its madness. I mean just look at the picture Aces included. How balmy is that :)

http://personabsurd.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/anchorman-brick-trident.jpg?w=300&h=300

Neil
20-Dec-2012, 09:27 AM
One year to go... - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Anchorman-Legend-Continues-Gets-2013-Release-Date-34725.html

Paramount Pictures has announced that the Adam McKay-directed sequel, which is currently being written, will be in theaters on December 20, 2013. It's a sign of confidence in the product from the studio, as it will be facing a great deal of competition. In addition to being only one week after The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, it is now on the same weekend as George Clooney's Monuments Men, Disney's Saving Mr. Banks, the family adventure Walking With The Dinosaurs and Jon Turteltaub's Last Vegas.

Neil
05-Mar-2013, 08:11 AM
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/0304-will-ferrell-pcn-3_big.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61281

bassman
05-Mar-2013, 11:43 AM
Harrison Ford in Anchorman 2? Wow, that's awesome....

AcesandEights
05-Mar-2013, 01:47 PM
Harrison Ford in Anchorman 2? Wow, that's awesome....

Yeah, he's sandwiching it in between the Lowenstein Bar Mitzvah and the grand opening of the new Roy Roger's in Duluth. Guy likes to keep busy.

Danny
05-Mar-2013, 04:27 PM
Okay, real talk? anchourman is for me probably the best American comedy film of the last decade. Its funny, memorable and insanely quotable. While not on the same level as them it got close to the vibe of the70s/80s national lampoon style films in terms of being something you can watch again and again and chuckle at the stupid comments like "oh god, milk was a bad choice!" or "im gonna take your mother out to a nice seafood dinner and NEVER call her again!". I think it might be a generational thing. For people who grew up with stuff like animal house and blues brothers - two favourite comedies of mine - its derivative and old hat. Because its simply been done before. For a younger audience though? what does it compete with? american pie? hot tub time machine? I mean call me critical but comedy is a genre thats been kind of dog garbage for years now and Anchourman was one of the few that i would consider watching in a movie night with the likes of ghostbusters or caddyshack.

But thats just me.

AcesandEights
05-Mar-2013, 05:55 PM
Wow, Danny, I had it in my head for some reason that you hated Anchorman.

What else am I misremembering? :confused:

rongravy
05-Mar-2013, 07:57 PM
what does it compete with? american pie? hot tub time machine? I mean call me critical but comedy is a genre thats been kind of dog garbage for years now and Anchourman was one of the few that i would consider watching in a movie night with the likes of ghostbusters or caddyshack.

But thats just me.
Screw that American Pie crap, but Hot Tub Time Machine?!?
That movie was the bomb, and I can't wait for the sequel...
Same as Anchorman 2.

CoinReturn
05-Mar-2013, 11:42 PM
what does it compete with? american pie? hot tub time machine? I mean call me critical but comedy is a genre thats been kind of dog garbage for years now and Anchourman was one of the few that i would consider watching in a movie night with the likes of ghostbusters or caddyshack.

But thats just me.

Are you a fan of Jody Hill's stuff? Observe and Report, The Foot Fist Way, and even Eastbound and Down (to a point) are some of the greatest comedies of the last 10 years, imo.

Danny
06-Mar-2013, 12:46 AM
Screw that American Pie crap, but Hot Tub Time Machine?!?
That movie was the bomb, and I can't wait for the sequel...
Same as Anchorman 2.

I really dug hot tub time machine the first time i watched it, but gave it a rewatch and its good, but really loses a lot on a reviewing. I'd argue chevy chase and craig robinson are the only standout bits from that. Again thats just me though.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you a fan of Jody Hill's stuff? Observe and Report, The Foot Fist Way, and even Eastbound and Down (to a point) are some of the greatest comedies of the last 10 years, imo.

I dig observe and report but its a goddamn eclectic movie tone wise, still way above shit like paul blart. and i use the term shit sincerely.

bassman
06-Mar-2013, 10:04 AM
Wow, Danny, I had it in my head for some reason that you hated Anchorman.

What else am I misremembering? :confused:

You may be thinking of my extreme distaste for Anchorman quotes. I love the movie, don't get me wrong. It's very funny. It's just over the last decade or so I got soooooo tired of hearing quotes from the film nearly every single day. Milk, Lamp, etc, etc. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

For that reason, I started to really hate any mention of Anchorman. Still to this day i'm hoping that this sequel doesn't do the same. I want it to be funny, I want to enjoy it, and I'm sure I will, i'm just not looking forward to every person I see on the street yelling out quotes from the flick as if they're some how cool or "down with the times" for doing so...

rongravy
06-Mar-2013, 09:55 PM
You are totally right as rain, sir, although EB&D is the bomb diggity IMO. I nearly wept for joy when I read a fourth season was coming...
I also dig the hell out of David Gordon Green, pre and post Pineapple Express.
All those guys in that vast group of friends make nothing but gold as far as I'm concerned.

Neil
19-May-2013, 11:44 AM
mZ-JX-7B3uM

bassman
19-Jun-2013, 09:25 AM
Elczv0ghqw0

Neil
19-Jun-2013, 09:57 AM
^^ Bring it on!

Neil
23-Oct-2013, 12:45 PM
6VdGI5-z_hg

Neil
21-Dec-2013, 08:51 AM
4/5 at Cinemablend - http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Anchorman-2-The-Legend-Continues-6679.html

The Anchorman sequel delivers more than enough laughs to justify its existence. Waiting until they actually had something to say with this character was the wisest decision McKay and Ferrell could have made.

rongravy
24-Dec-2013, 03:17 AM
Saw it tonight.
You know how Knocked up was wayyyy better than its sequel, This is 40?
Same deal here. I'm a die hard Apatow freak, and I did really like it. Brick kind of got on my nerves this time. I also saw it with one other person, otherwise the room was empty. This did not help. They also could've not ruined a few things in the trailers. Still a good one, just needed a weed break in there.
Sadly, no Stiller this time. Many others, though.

Neil
22-Feb-2014, 04:30 PM
R-Rated cut to be released - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/66269

Wonder what the additional material is?