PDA

View Full Version : Fangoria Legends Presents George A. Romero

Neil
10-Apr-2012, 01:47 PM
Anyone get/order one of these?

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6601:coming-soon-limited-edition-george-a-romero-magazine&catid=60:announcements-contests&Itemid=168

http://www.fangoria.com/images/stories/FEB12_1/romeromagnews.jpg

bassman
10-Apr-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm probably going to receive a bunch of anger for this, but do people still order physical copies of Fangoria? Honestly, I thought that all died off years ago....

krakenslayer
10-Apr-2012, 04:01 PM
Not that I actually buy Fangoria, but this looks cool. On a related note, I wonder if long-touted, on-again off-again, Fangoria-produced Romero/Savini remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things will ever come to fruition. Hope so. It's pretty much the only remake concept I've heard of recently that sounded remotely interesting.

axlish
11-Apr-2012, 12:23 AM
I ordered it. I haven't received it yet.

Neil
11-Apr-2012, 08:40 AM
I ordered it. I haven't received it yet.

How long ago did you order? How much was it?

jscott
11-Apr-2012, 01:00 PM
How long ago did you order? How much was it?
Ordered last Wednesday, ran about $14 US.

I'm probably going to receive a bunch of anger for this, but do people still order physical copies of Fangoria? Honestly, I thought that all died off years ago....
Since Tony Timpone's not in charge of Fango, I've heard it's gotten better. Plus this issue isn't available on the stands, so I'm not sure if it'll be fully available online.

Thorn
11-Apr-2012, 06:01 PM
I'd buy that for a dollar.

MinionZombie
12-Apr-2012, 10:22 AM
Any good places for we Brits to purchase a copy?

Neil
12-Apr-2012, 01:21 PM
Any good places for we Brits to purchase a copy?

I've ordered it direct (online)... Not much more really... About $18 in total!

axlish
12-Apr-2012, 04:59 PM
I'll echo jscott's comments. Look back a few months and check out the issue with Savini on it. It is a highly recommended issue for all Romero-heads.

EDIT: It is issue #304
http://fangoria.com/images/rokquickcart/fango304.jpg

Mr.G
17-Apr-2012, 02:12 PM
I ordered mine last night. I think it was 9.99 and then 3 or 4 bucks for shipping in the US. There are only 1000 copies so it will probably go fast!

Philly_SWAT
17-Apr-2012, 08:42 PM
Where did you guys order it from? I just went to Fangoria.com and they had an article on the main page, dated from Feb., saying it was "coming soon". No clickable link. Also it wasnt listed in the Store link either.

AcesandEights
17-Apr-2012, 08:44 PM
Where did you guys order it from? I just went to Fangoria.com and they had an article on the main page, dated from Feb., saying it was "coming soon". No clickable link. Also it wasnt listed in the Store link either.

Do you have a pop up blocker active, Philly? I had an offer to purchase the current issue pop up as soon as I went to the site.

Their site is somewhat unintuitive, though...no current offerings/current issue options easily listed in their online store.

Philly_SWAT
17-Apr-2012, 10:12 PM
Do you have a pop up blocker active, Philly? I had an offer to purchase the current issue pop up as soon as I went to the site.

Their site is somewhat unintuitive, though...no current offerings/current issue options easily listed in their online store.

That was the problem, thanks! Just ordered it!

jscott
23-Apr-2012, 11:52 AM
Anyone got their issue yet? 2+ weeks for axl & I and nada!

Neil
23-Apr-2012, 12:44 PM
Nope for me, but then I'm like a billion miles away in the UK!

Philly_SWAT
04-May-2012, 04:31 PM
And it rocks!! Only glancing at it now...looks to be original interviews with a lot of key Romero people. It even looks at non-dead related movies. Lots of photos...many of which I do not recall seeing before. The cover is of extremely think stock...much thicker than a normal magazine, which is good as it will be more durable. Just thought I would posts some quick thoughts to anyone that was on the fence about buying it. I say it is a must for any Romero fan!

EDIT: Had the come back and add this...the first article starts off as an interview with John Russo. In it, he says that George, Russ and Rudy Ricci formed a company called "Ram Productions" and made a cheap movie called Expostulations, which was a series of comic vignettes.

I have never heard EITHER of those facts before...has anyone else? I would love to see that Expostulations movie somehow. No chance anyone has it...is there...?

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh, the next sentence is that it remains unfinished...ok I guess I should at least finish articles before commenting on them!

Mr.G
07-May-2012, 12:34 AM
Great magazine and well worth the 10 bucks. I'm only half through and I've learned some new things too. Great job to GAR for quitting smoking!

axlish
07-May-2012, 05:04 PM
EDIT: Had the come back and add this...the first article starts off as an interview with John Russo. In it, he says that George, Russ and Rudy Ricci formed a company called "Ram Productions" and made a cheap movie called Expostulations, which was a series of comic vignettes.

I have never heard EITHER of those facts before...has anyone else? I would love to see that Expostulations movie somehow. No chance anyone has it...is there...?

ANOTHER EDIT: Oh, the next sentence is that it remains unfinished...ok I guess I should at least finish articles before commenting on them!

Ray Laine was to be a major player in Expostulations, and I think that the whole Ray Laine talking to the camera thing in There's Always Vanilla was directly lifted from Expostulations. I believe Mr. Laine was to also star in Whine of the Fawn as well.

PS - I got my magazine in as well. The content looks a little slim (no articles are over 2 pages) but I would have bought it anyway, even with this knowlege in hand.