PDA

View Full Version : The Rockford Files (film)

Neil
18-Apr-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/universal-develops-the-rockford-files-for-vince-vaughn-to-play-james-garner-role/

Universal Pictures has set David Levien and Brian Koppelman to write The Rockford Files, a feature adaptation of the memorable series that ran on NBC from 1974-80 and featured James Garner as the down-and-out private eye. The studio will develop the film as a star vehicle for Vince Vaughn to play Rockford, and Vaughn and Victoria Vaughn will produce through their Universal-based Wild West Picture Show Productions banner.

No! No! No!

The reason the Rockford Files was so great was not just the storylines but the countless hours and situtation where you got to know and love the characters!

So what do they hope to achieve in less that 2hrs with this?

Other than the titles and character names, how is this really going to be "The Rockford Files"?

Surely they could give it a new name and just make a 'new' film? Or maybe they're just trying to cash in on the success of the TV series increase viewing figures!? Hmmm!

AcesandEights
18-Apr-2012, 01:22 PM
Finally! The world was crying out for a film adaptation and Hollywood delivers!

I really couldn't think of a more random tv show to choose...

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2012, 02:58 PM

About the only thing more random than this would be a film adaptation of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl.

(let's see if any of the old farts here on HPotD remember that show!)

Purge
18-Apr-2012, 07:23 PM
Funny, I just started taking a liking to the show on a local retro TV station.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Vaughn that repulses me. I'll pass.

Sammich
18-Apr-2012, 07:57 PM
I can't wait for the Asylum version!

Neil
18-Apr-2012, 08:55 PM
Funny, I just started taking a liking to the show on a local retro TV station.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about Vaughn that repulses me. I'll pass.
He was good in Dodgeball! I like that flick!

MoonSylver
18-Apr-2012, 10:30 PM
Finally! The world was crying out for a film adaptation and Hollywood delivers!

No more so than The Flintstones, Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched, or any of about a zillion others. :dead:

About the only thing more random than this would be a film adaptation of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl.

Someone call for an old fart? HEYYYYYY YOOOOOU GUYYYYYYYYYS!!!!!!!!! ;)

http://www.70slivekidvid.com/electra/electra1.jpg

I'd hit that...TWICE! :elol:

JDFP
20-Apr-2012, 05:16 AM
No one in Hollywood could attempt to be James Garner on their best of days.

So, I say, f*ck Hollywod and f*ck this Hollywood adaptation. If James Garner isn't in it, I'll be damned before I see it. The man is not only a legend but he's a damned fine actor in his own right - and I find it an insult they would attempt to usurp him that truly does personally offend me. James Garner is a man not only of class but of grace as well, and if anyone on this board wants to say a damn thing about me for calling James Garner a man of grace I'll welcome it - because it's true. No one will replace him. I'd pay the man $20 just to hear him read from the phone book myself.

j.p.

Mike70
22-Apr-2012, 04:45 PM

*sigh*

i already feel old enough and then here you come.

what the world really needs is a "man from Atlantis" movie. but...but...who would they ever find who could bring the acting chops to the role that patrick duffy did?