PDA

View Full Version : Stupid annoying phrases or sayings that get on your nerves...

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2012, 02:56 PM
Basically, things that people say that make you want to light them on fire and stab them in the face repeatedly with a fork.

I'll start with the top two on my list:

"I know, right?"

and

"My bad"

What are some sayings/phrases that people use that get on your nerves? Vent away....

Danny
18-Apr-2012, 03:15 PM
people still saying fail like its 2002, mostly over 40's. its that 'trying to be down with the kids' style of creepy gear grinding.

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2012, 03:24 PM
Here's two more that drive me nuts:

over-use of the word "like" - "I mean, like, he took me, like, to the store and stuff, and then, like, bought me some bubble gum" Ho-ly shit, please go hang yourself.

"True, that" :rolleyes:

AcesandEights
18-Apr-2012, 03:24 PM
people still saying fail like its 2002, mostly over 40's. its that 'trying to be down with the kids' style of creepy gear grinding.

I don't know, Danny, after a certain point a lot of people seem to slow down the adjusting of their dialog choices after a certain age.

shootemindehead
18-Apr-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeh..."My Bad". Feck off.

Also "Awesome" and "You Rock" and just about every new injection of business (sales) speak that comes out of America, like "The Cloud"...feckin hell...

Sorry Yanks. :D

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2012, 03:53 PM
"Shut the front door!" (instead of Shut the f*ck up)

:rolleyes:

SymphonicX
18-Apr-2012, 05:36 PM
"I could care less"

There's a litany of grammatical errors with that one. The correct phrase is "I COULDN'T CARE LESS". Christ, think about it.

"At the end of the day, going forward, week in week out, we have to perform".

This one reserved specifically for idiot footballers who are asked to provide commentary on their performances and can only come up with bullshit generic statements that are interchangable.
In fact after 12 years of working in this industry I can safely say that I don't think a footballer or a manager has ever provided an insight remotely more intelligent than the one above. They love to pretend there's some deep analysis going on, but it all comes down to "today we were good/bad, yesterday we were bad/good" (delete as appropriate).

"Phone hacking". ARGH. Interception. Hacking requires the circumvention of security measures. Guessing a default password is no different to leaving your facebook logged in and someone fraping you. Such a bullshite sexed up phrase.

bassman
18-Apr-2012, 05:48 PM
"guestimation"

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2012, 06:10 PM
I agree with all of Symph's suggestions - ever since I saw David Mitchell's soapbox about "could care less" being the term in America, I've been irritated by the incorrect use of the phrase ever since. So please my American friends - whenever someone in your life uses "could care less", for crying out loud, correct them and tell them it's "COULDN'T care less". The phrase makes no sense whatsoever in the former, and it's pissing annoying.

I hate that accent that teenage girls in America have that you always hear on MTV. That whiny/slightly croaky nonsense where everything lifts up at the end like a question???

I can't really think of any off the top of my head right now, but there's no doubt a shitload of them.

Andy
18-Apr-2012, 06:21 PM

To expand on that a little, it REALLY grinds my gears when non-geeks steal our words.. they just sound so patronising when they say "fail" or "owned"..

Tricky
18-Apr-2012, 06:35 PM
People who say "Mam" instead of "Mum", it really grinds my gears, depending on where you are in the UK people use one or the other, but I'm firmly in the "Mum" camp

LouCipherr
18-Apr-2012, 06:37 PM
I hate that accent that teenage girls in America have that you always hear on MTV. That whiny/slightly croaky nonsense where everything lifts up at the end like a question???

You mean like this?

0kusJhuuWFI

Ok, ya'll might not like Family Guy, but that shit's funny. :lol:

Here's a few more off the top of my head (why is venting frustration so much damn fun?!):

anything described as being 'ghetto'

"cool beans"

calling a tank top a "wife beater"

Saying, "WORD!" after someone says something you agree with. c'mon, man! Stop that shit!

***edited to add: I have to agree 100% with Andy about "owned" and "fail" So freakin' overused it's not even funny. And it's not funny.

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2012, 06:47 PM
:lol: @ FG clip. Exactly. :D

"Cool beans" is a ghetto thing? Really? I had no idea - I've actually used that numerous times in the past.

Generally I do tend to get 'onto' certain phrases ... I go through phases of phrases ... try saying that ten times fast when drunk. :elol:

I don't mind 'geek speak' at all, but yes, when you've got the BBC producing a show called "Epic Win" years after the phrase was created, I just cringe and want to move away from it.

Speaking of "wife beater", that reminds me of something - Stella Artois - it's this shit Belgian lager that tastes like brewed butt, and it has a reputation for being the favourite tipple of "wife beaters" here in the UK (indeed, "wife beater" is the nickname of Stella Artois, aka "Stella") ... however it's always advertised in some poncy fashion. It used to be ice skating priests in black and white, and other such nonsense, and now it's in a sort of French New Wave sense of 1960s cool with some smug prat bouncing around. By which, I mean this:

GJrtT4iOw9I

No! No! It's a disgusting lager and it's consumed by morons ... your poncy adverts just look stupid on British TV screens. :rant:

Sammich
18-Apr-2012, 07:13 PM
I despise every single moronic MBA created corporate phrase like "think outside the box", "rightsizing" and "solutions provider". I guess the idiots came up with this crap language in "business school" to put up a facade of worth since they are utterly incompetent of doing an actual job.

People that use texting words EVERYWHERE are irritating as hell. Seriously, how difficult is it to type "your" instead of "ur" when using a regular keyboard? Maybe this is why much of the U.S. population are incapable of understanding the differences between you're and your, lose and loose, to and too, they're and their, etc.

Ginormous and mancave are words that should be put in an air lock and jettisoned into the sun.

Purge
18-Apr-2012, 07:26 PM
"It is what it is." The next time I hear that, I'm taking a hostage.

Sammich
18-Apr-2012, 08:27 PM
"It is what it is." The next time I hear that, I'm taking a hostage.

That one makes me want to punch a brick wall when I hear it.

krakenslayer
18-Apr-2012, 08:31 PM
It really grinds on me when people (and this is mostly an American thing, I am sorry to say, so my apologies to my 'merkin friends out there) say they "could care less" about something.

It's a stupid saying and, in the context of what people are usually trying to express when they use it, a totally counterintuitive one: you're trying to say that you don't care about something at all, but in order to "care less" you have to actually care at least a little bit. Used to signify an intense lack of caring, it makes no sense.

The original, proper and more logical version of this phrase, as used in almost every English speaking region outside the US, would be "I couldn't care less": i.e. "my level of caring cannot be reduced further because it is already at zero".

Mike70
18-Apr-2012, 09:11 PM
my pet peeves:

people who do not know the difference between "seen" and "saw." I saw the new walking dead ep NOT I seen the new walking dead ep. that burns me up. "seen" has to be used in the perfect tense or in the passive: I have seen all of the underworld movies. I was seen leaving work too early.

the other one is: "i didn't do nothing." double negatives are a no go in proper, standard written and spoken english. that sentence taken literally means exactly the opposite of what you are trying to say. if you didn't do nothing then you did something.

oh and i am so fooking sick of the phrase "moving forward" that words fail.

krakenslayer
18-Apr-2012, 10:25 PM
I agree on those Mike, but I do think they are sometimes excusable in spoken English due to the way we formulate sentences for speech. It's made up on the fly, so even the best grammarian on the planet might change their mind about the composition of a statement halfway through and create something grammatically incorrect, even though he knows better. It's only if the error is systematic or makes it into their writing that it becomes a problem for me.

That said, another one that always winds me up is people saying/writing "I would OF" done something, instead of "would HAVE". Shitloads of people I know do that, including a lot of people who are otherwise good with grammar, I can't understand why. I guess it possibly comes from a mis-hearing of the contracted form "would've".

ProfessorChaos
18-Apr-2012, 11:24 PM
when someone say's "i'm not gonna lie", it makes me want to interrupt them and say something like "gee, thanks for the honesty, dickwad."

LouCipherr
19-Apr-2012, 12:52 AM
"baby bump"

:rolleyes:

MZ - I too am guilty of having used "cool beans" before... but I still don't like it. :lol:

People that use "your" when they mean "you're" - it's time you embraced the contraction, dammit!

rongravy
19-Apr-2012, 03:21 AM
I hate "meh". It's time to put that one to rest. I wince whenever I read it. Thankfully no one says that in the real world to me.

Publius
19-Apr-2012, 09:13 AM
People who say "Mam" instead of "Mum"

People who say "Mam" or "Mum" instead of "Mom." ;)

"baby bump"

Yes! That really grates on me, and has been spreading like kudzu since sometime in the past decade.

Other ones I hate:

References to "getting one's ___ on."

"Literally" used to mean "figuratively."

SymphonicX
19-Apr-2012, 09:25 AM
I agree on those Mike, but I do think they are sometimes excusable in spoken English due to the way we formulate sentences for speech. It's made up on the fly, so even the best grammarian on the planet might change their mind about the composition of a statement halfway through and create something grammatically incorrect, even though he knows better. It's only if the error is systematic or makes it into their writing that it becomes a problem for me.

That said, another one that always winds me up is people saying/writing "I would OF" done something, instead of "would HAVE". Shitloads of people I know do that, including a lot of people who are otherwise good with grammar, I can't understand why. I guess it possibly comes from a mis-hearing of the contracted form "would've".

YES.
This.

That "of" thing really, really gets me annoyed. Seeing someone write that is basically telling me just how lazy they've been at school. I don't ask remotely for perfect grammar, but substituting entire words because you're too dumb to have heard or read two words shortened to one really annoys me.
Christ we've been doing it to this language since before Shakespeare. In fact I can remember many instances of "ne'er" in Shakespeare - which if you haven't guessed means "never".

Do not = don't
Cannot = can't
should have = should've
could have = could've

One interesting point about the devolution of language is that we use almost EVERY single word out of context nowdays. A few examples:
We describe things as "perfect" - an exageration by default - perfection is reserved for the absolute top echelon of whatever you're discussing - be is a painting, a song, a movie, or a sporting event. To say something is perfect, implies that most other things are imperfect by nature.

There's only ONE word that's meant to be reserved to mean literally what it means. I've used this word in my post. It's the only word that should be used to literally describe something exactly as it is, and shouldn't be used out of context. It's literally the one surviving word that shouldn't be marred with exageration.

But how many times have you hear someone say something like "after the divorce, the kids were literally split in two!"

"I was literally on the floor laughing" (really?? must've looked stupid!)

I'm sure you've guessed the word "literally". Think twice before you use this word - everytime you use it out of context, and not literally to describe something that you have experienced or seen in the most LITERAL of senses, you're LITERALLY destroying one of the last bastions of true English definition. Literally.

LouCipherr
19-Apr-2012, 05:07 PM
For the love of all that is holy, if I hear "Git 'er done" one more time I will flip my shit. :rolleyes:

AcesandEights
19-Apr-2012, 05:24 PM
For the love of all that is holy, if I hear "Git 'er done" one more time I will flip my shit. :rolleyes:

Whoever actually says that? The only time I ever hear it is if someone is making fun of rednecks or the South or Southern sensibilities. I agree even then it's pretty much run its course several years back.

bassman
19-Apr-2012, 05:38 PM
Whoever actually says that? The only time I ever hear it is if someone is making fun of rednecks or the South or Southern sensibilities. I agree even then it's pretty much run its course several years back.

Come visit me in Georgia for just a week and I can assure that you'll hear it a few times....

It's just as bad as rednecks having "I ain't skeered" on the windshields of their lifted, "I'm compensating for a small penis", pickup truck.

LouCipherr
19-Apr-2012, 07:48 PM
Whoever actually says that?

Come visit me in Georgia for just a week and I can assure that you'll hear it a few times....

Yeah, come to Maryland and you'll get the same shit. Talk about irritating. I guess it's popular here because that goddamn idiot Larry the MORON guy originated from around this area and on radio stations around here. 98 Rock WIYY in Baltimore and DC101 in particular. He used to call into these stations and read these stupid-as-all-hell "commentaries" he wrote. None of them, just like him, were funny.

Here's a few more that piss me off to the point of homicide:

"hater" :rolleyes:

Also, anything ending in "Gate" - like "Clintongate" "Climategate" that kinda stuff. Ugh.

bassman
19-Apr-2012, 07:49 PM
Also, anything ending in "Gate" - like "Clintongate" "Climategate" that kinda stuff. Ugh.

Never heard that one...

AcesandEights
19-Apr-2012, 08:16 PM
"Sexual predator." I've never eaten a single goddamn person.

Speaking of goddamn, do you guys dislike minced oaths on principal? I'm assuming most of you do.

Mike70
20-Apr-2012, 12:50 AM

and i'll be in the padded cell next to you. that drives me up the frikkin' wall.

another one that i find laughable: people in prison talking about respect. if they had any idea what respect meant, they wouldn't be in prison.

all forms of internet/text message jargon. U is a letter NOT the second person singular/plural which is you in english. 4 is a number not a word. that would be "for." fat is not spelled with a ph.

though i will say that because i'm a fan of "firefly" i find the use of "yorn" and "arn" kind of amusing. "that ain't a one uh yorn!"

"worsh" to mean wash. "wrassle" to mean wrestle. i should be allowed to slap anyone that uses those in my presence.

people that say "yous" to mean you in the plural i just want to take an easton bomb bat to.

Publius
20-Apr-2012, 09:20 AM
people that say "yous" to mean you in the plural i just want to take an easton bomb bat to.

Absolutely. That's "y'all," not "yous." :P

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2012, 09:44 AM
I hate "meh". It's time to put that one to rest. I wince whenever I read it. Thankfully no one says that in the real world to me.

Never! I like "meh"...

Although I did see a t-shirt yesterday, just a plain black tee with "meh" written on it in small letters ... £6 ... who the fuck would pay six-fecking-quid for that miniscule design?!

"Would of" pisses me off too ... and especially the "your/you're" thing ... it astounds me constantly how many people get this wrong. It's not fucking hard to figure out the difference, for crying out loud!

LouCipherr
20-Apr-2012, 12:32 PM
Two more:

"hater" - hasn't this shit run it's course already?!

"man cave" :rolleyes:

AcesandEights
20-Apr-2012, 01:21 PM
"hater" - hasn't this shit run it's course already?!

No, seems like there's still a call for it due the petty frustrations posed as anger. Shit, I can site this thread as an example.

Youse all h8ters up in hur, son :p

Mike70
20-Apr-2012, 03:28 PM
Absolutely. That's "y'all," not "yous." :P

strangely enough, "y'all" doesn't really bother me. probably because my family was originally from Tenn. and all of my older relatives spoke with southern accents. hell, I sound more like a southerner than I should and it is most likely due to the fact that everyone around me when i was growing up spoke with that accent.

LouCipherr
20-Apr-2012, 04:00 PM
Using "boo" or "baby girl" when addressing someone makes me want to punch a baby. :mad:

JDFP
20-Apr-2012, 06:01 PM
"It seems to me." - I absolutely hate this phrase. Something either is or is not, there's no pansy "it seems to me" middle ground. Can you say passive aggressive speech here?

Any .TXT speech. If I live the rest of my life without ever seeing a LOL, FML, or another dumb ass phrase like this again I won't miss them. And, as Mike pointed out, people that are too lazy to spell out real words. You had to put "u" instead of "you" because it was too difficult for you to write three letters? Really? English has been slaughtered enough - .TXT is just making it that much worse.

j.p.

bassman
20-Apr-2012, 06:05 PM
"420" :rolleyes:

LouCipherr
20-Apr-2012, 06:30 PM
"It is what is is"

Well no shit, Captain Obvious.

Mr. Clean
20-Apr-2012, 07:07 PM
Any of that bullshit that comes from the Ghetto (which would include alot of rap music lyrics.)

Mike70
23-Apr-2012, 04:42 PM
here is one that i'm surprised no one has mentioned yet and if it has been, please excuse my repetition:

"but wait! there's more!"

LouCipherr
23-Apr-2012, 06:51 PM
I heard someone use "assclown" today, and that just pissed me off to no end.

So, on that note, the following are officially on the list:

"assclown" "asshat" "douche" "douchebag" and "douchenozzle"

Mr. Clean
23-Apr-2012, 07:16 PM
Asshat and duchebag are a few of my favorites :)

SymphonicX
26-Apr-2012, 02:32 PM
I got a good one...

"junk" as used to describe anything but junk.

"we're just chilling out and junk"

"he grabbed my junk".

OMG I hate that one. It just grates right into my brain.

AcesandEights
26-Apr-2012, 03:33 PM
OMG I hate that one. It just grates right into my brain & junk.

Fixed.

See, it's the perfect addition to every sentence...and junk. I don't actually hear this one much anymore these days, actually.

MinionZombie
26-Apr-2012, 05:01 PM
One I remembered just yesterday - "cutting too far and too fast" - it's the same fucking line that Ed-fucking-gormless-faced-student-politician-twat-brain-Milliband (the leader of the opposition, the Labour Party here in the UK) says at every fucking opportunity, and it grates me to no end ... but then again, Ed Milliband (and indeed Ed Balls) piss me off to no end in general. They're two of the biggest c**ts in parliament, and I hate that stupid phrase they love so much with a passion.

:rant:

That feels better... :D

Danny
15-May-2012, 11:13 AM
on a bus with a dude so old he had grey in his beard and in a ten minute bus ride he loudly used the term 'epic fail/ epic for the win' 17 times.

i mean for fucks sake i still use the term 'rad' now and again and i think that shit is gear grindingly annoying.

MinionZombie
15-May-2012, 11:43 AM
on a bus with a dude so old he had grey in his beard and in a ten minute bus ride he loudly used the term 'epic fail/ epic for the win' 17 times.

i mean for fucks sake i still use the term 'rad' now and again and i think that shit is gear grindingly annoying.

There's a time, a place, and an intonation for such terms ... this dude sounds like he missed all the gates by a country mile. :p

I thought of a couple of good ones the other day for this thread, but I've completely forgotten what they were now. Grrr...

CJ Markham
16-May-2012, 06:49 AM
"Really? Really?"

Mike70
16-May-2012, 04:05 PM
i'm not a big sports fan beyond baseball and football (the real football, like they play in england), both of which i absolutely love.

i HATE this new trend of calling athletes by acronyms like RG3, CP3, etc. ESPN has turned into nothing more than tabloid journalism at its worst. but that is a subject for another post.

AcesandEights
16-May-2012, 04:57 PM
i HATE this new trend of calling athletes by acronyms like RG3, CP3, etc.

I had no clue this was something they were doing nowadays. I pretty much checked out entirely on pro sports a couple years ago. It's great as a money making scheme to pump funds into businesses, but beyond that--on a personal level--I can't see the benefit or find joy in it anymore..

MinionZombie
16-May-2012, 05:05 PM
Thought of one that I've been meaning to mention for a while - whenever politicians refer to the likes of you and me as "ordinary" or "average" ... it's a bit condescending, and they're all at it, like it's some institutional belief that it's a compliment to insist on saying we're all as boring and dull as everyone else (possibly except them, depending on the tone of delivery) ... yeah, cheers, thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

Mike70
16-May-2012, 05:07 PM
I had no clue this was something they were doing nowadays. I pretty much checked out entirely on pro sports a couple years ago. It's great as a money making scheme to pump funds into businesses, but beyond that--on a personal level--I can't see the benefit or find joy in it anymore..

i'm pretty much at that point myself. the NBA, the NHL, the NFL could all cease to exist tomorrow and i wouldn't even notice it. i do, however, love that game of baseball and have stopped watching ESPN totally now that MLB has its own network. i can't stand sitting there waiting for baseball scores and getting 20 minutes of what tim frikkin' tebow had for lunch. nothing and i mean nothing proves just how fooked up our culture is than its obsession with athletes. for me its about baseball, the players come and go, the game remains. i enjoy the real football because like baseball, it isn't a "gentlemen's game" and that sportsmanship crap not only takes a back seat in football, most times it's in the trunk.

rightwing401
17-May-2012, 02:29 AM
Don't know if this one has been mentioned, but it drives me up the freaking wall. "You could say that."

Dammit, what kind of stupid remark is that to say to something I just said? Of course I could say that that, because I just did!

I told my partner at work about that irritating statement, and later that day he remarked to something I said to him, "Yeah, you could say that."

"Dammit! I did just say that!" was the reply he got from me. (Still don't know if he did it on purpose to agrivate me, knowing him, probably).

MinionZombie
01-Jun-2012, 11:06 AM
This one keeps springing to mind, then I keep forgetting it before I get on here - but I've remembered it now.

Anyone who isn't American, pronouncing it "ass" instead of "arse". "Ass" suits an American accent, but it doesn't suit a British accent at all - it sounds bloody awful - so it always annoys me when a Brit says "ass" instead of the native "arse".

Danny
01-Jun-2012, 02:21 PM
just heard someone repeatedly say "mingin" a word i havent heard in years. Something used, ironically, by white trash to express disgust in something vulgar. The irony being lost on them as they swill their roll up ash around their gobs with irn-bru :lol:

-- -------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

This one keeps springing to mind, then I keep forgetting it before I get on here - but I've remembered it now.

Anyone who isn't American, pronouncing it "ass" instead of "arse". "Ass" suits an American accent, but it doesn't suit a British accent at all - it sounds bloody awful - so it always annoys me when a Brit says "ass" instead of the native "arse".

I use ass all the time. To tell someone to stop being an ass, to point out the lyrics to a certain rap song are in fact "ass, ass, titties, titties, ass, ass, titties" or 'that guys gonna get his ass kicked".

i reserve arse specifically for someone whos an arsehole. so basically anyone remotely connected to shit like heat magazine or big brother.

MinionZombie
01-Jun-2012, 04:32 PM
When quoting "ass", then that's fine - it's part of the quote - but British people routinely using "ass" in terms such as "asshole" irks me. It just sounds wrong and silly - the correct British pronunciation is "arse'ole", thank you very much. :D

Likewise if referring to a Donkey (although just use "Donkey", really) then that's okay ... but as a swear word (as soft as it is), if you're a Brit it's got to be "arse". I always get a irksome shiver down my spine whenever the Zero Punctuation guy says "asshole", the "h" is pronounced and well, he said "ass" and not "arse", and it just sounds weird damn it! :shifty::D

AcesandEights
01-Jun-2012, 04:54 PM
I think it's great that this thread confirms that the only surefire way to not upset anyone here is to just not post. Anything else and someone is gnashing their teeth. :)

More proof for the truism that not matter what you do you're bound to piss someone off.

LouCipherr
05-Jun-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah, you could say that.

I guess it all goes back to the saying, "You can please some of the people some of the time, but never all of the people all the time."

Looks like I'm going to have to continue to be a pain in the arse and getting into people's brains and junk.

What an epic fail on my part.

:lol:

*runs and hides*

EvilNed
05-Jun-2012, 05:13 PM
Mis-use of the phrase "the exception that proves the rule" annoys the hell out of me.

MinionZombie
05-Jun-2012, 05:34 PM
BTW, Americans can still use "ass", it's from the dialect of your country ... it's when Brits say "ass" instead of "arse" that annoys me ... Americans saying British terms tickles me though. I enjoy that. :D

LouCipherr
05-Jun-2012, 07:38 PM
BTW, Americans can still use "ass", it's from the dialect of your country ... it's when Brits say "ass" instead of "arse" that annoys me ... Americans saying British terms tickles me though. I enjoy that. :D

Well hell, I thought I was being an ass by saying arse, now you tell me i'm an ass because arse is ok if I use it instead of ass, it's only you guys that should say arse instead of ass, but arse is ok, just don't use ass if....

*head explodes*

MinionZombie
06-Jun-2012, 10:06 AM
*dials number on the inside of Lou's shattered cranium pieces*

"Hello? Is that the LouCipherr repair centre? Yes, hello, I think I've voided the warranty..." :D

LouCipherr
06-Jun-2012, 01:57 PM
*dials number on the inside of Lou's shattered cranium pieces*

"Hello? Is that the LouCipherr repair centre? Yes, hello, I think I've voided the warranty..." :D

http://www.nastyhobbit.org/data/media/2/warranty.jpg

LouCipherr
18-Jul-2012, 03:22 PM
I posted this in the shout box, but it belongs here too:

Here's a saying I can't stand: "There is no 'I' in team."

Nope, you're right. There is no "I" in team... but there IS an "M" and an "E" so SUCK IT, MOTIVATIONAL POSTER!

Mike70
18-Jul-2012, 04:02 PM
Booyah. whoever came up with this should be dipped in honey and draped over a fire ant nest. just hearing this makes me want to flip my shit.

-- -------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Nope, you're right. There is no "I" in team... but there IS an "M" and an "E" so SUCK IT, MOTIVATIONAL POSTER!

i have hated that term forever.

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2012, 04:31 PM

sgxoM37SQs0

:D

LouCipherr
18-Jul-2012, 04:42 PM
YES, MZ YES!

"As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie... and there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't know what he's talking about"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

krisvds
19-Jul-2012, 04:15 AM
'Like a boss'

I hate that.

Mike70
19-Jul-2012, 02:20 PM
'Like a boss'

I hate that.

i've never heard that one.

another phrase that should be forever stricken from the english language is "man up."

calling adults by childish nicknames always irritates me. what frickin' adult would want to go around being called "buster" or "scooter." the nicknames used for athletes really piss me off. anyone who calls an athlete "king", "doc", etc. is a total fucking moron.

LouCipherr
23-Aug-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure if I already posted this one, and I'm too damn lazy to check.

People who use "cent" insted of "cents"

For example:

Dude 1: "Hey man, I need some change for the bus. It costs a dollar but I only have a quarter. Can I borrow some from you?"

Dude 2: "Sorry man, I only have 15 cent."

*brain starts to boil*

It's CENTS you moron! It's called pluralization! When there's more than one, ADD THE DAMN "S"!

*takes a deep breath*

calling adults by childish nicknames always irritates me. what frickin' adult would want to go around being called "buster" or "scooter." the nicknames used for athletes really piss me off. anyone who calls an athlete "king", "doc", etc. is a total fucking moron.

Hey slick, don't bring your anger around here. This thread is for sunshine and rainbows and lollipops, ya got that, buster?

shootemindehead
23-Aug-2012, 06:38 PM
How about "fiddy" then? that must drive you up the wall too. Can't stand that nonsense. How difficult is it to say "Fifty"?

Or "moms"...FFS :rolleyes:

Thing is, how this crap flies around a given social group. It's amazing at how rapid such things are picked up.

-- -------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

'Like a boss'

I hate that.

What does "Like a boss" mean Kris?

LouCipherr
23-Aug-2012, 06:47 PM
How about "fiddy" then? that must drive you up the wall too. Can't stand that nonsense. How difficult is it to say "Fifty"?

YES! "Fiddy" replacing "Fifty" is as bad as "cent" replacing "cents"

How quaint is it that one person can be so dumb as to put those two non-existent words together and call it a "name" :rolleyes:

shootem - I think "Like a boss" is basically just another phrase for "badass" or someone who just doesn't give a shit - something along those lines. Here's an example:

http://cloud.videogamewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/daryl-like-a-boss.jpg

:D

shootemindehead
23-Aug-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh!

That's a new one to me so.

Seeing as most bosses I've met in my life have been wankers, that saying doesn't really ring true.

BTW Lou, over in Europe it's actually Euro and Cent. There's no plural.

Don't think many people give a tinker's cuss though, in general.

Mike70
24-Aug-2012, 03:41 PM
i don't know if this one has been brought up: "moving forward." that gets on the nerves.

-- -------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Don't think many people give a tinker's cuss though, in general.

consider that one (tinker's cuss) stolen or should i say stolt in this thread? :lol:

LouCipherr
24-Aug-2012, 04:21 PM
BTW Lou, over in Europe it's actually Euro and Cent. There's no plural.

Well goddammit, I now have one more reason why Europe pisses me off.

:lol: j/k ;)