PDA

View Full Version : This day in history--remembering those who died.

Purge
19-Apr-2012, 03:18 PM
http://media.brainz.org/uploads/2010/10/waco.jpg

http://therealnewsjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/statue-of-liberty-crying.jpg

Danny
19-Apr-2012, 03:51 PM
...waco?

bassman
19-Apr-2012, 04:07 PM
...waco?

Yup. Many deaths due to stupidity. Apply that to whichever side you choose....

AcesandEights
19-Apr-2012, 04:16 PM
Apply that to whichever side you choose....

So true :(

Mike70
19-Apr-2012, 05:09 PM
um, if you are expecting me to feel sorry for half-crazed cult members with credulity that would shame a 4 year old, you've got the wrong person. people blindly following the deranged, psychopathic "teachings" of cult "leaders" get absolutely no sympathy from me AT ALL, no matter what. the govt. had a warrant signed by a judge and had every legal right under the constitution to search that place. the so-called "leaders" of those branch dravidian fools are totally responsible for what was wrought at waco. they wanted some kind of apocalypse and learned a lesson that most of us learn very early in life: be careful of what you wish for.

anyone holding themselves up as a "prophet" or "messenger" from god needs serious psychiatric care NOT fools to follow their every whim like a bunch of ducklings. people who do not or can not think for themselves really, really, really crawl up under my skin.

Sammich
19-Apr-2012, 06:59 PM
I suggest you watch the Academy Award nominated documentary Waco: The Rules of Engagement for a start because it is painfully obvious you know next to nothing about the mountains of evidence of that had come out years after the raid. It was a fabrication of the BATF to have a grand raid (OPERATION SHOWTIME) because their funding was about to be cut and the more than likely would have been disbanded due to previous incidents of mass incompetence and entrapment. The ATF had such a bad reputation that other agencies didn't even want ATF agents transferring into their ranks.

What Koresh or his followers were doing was not illegal under the Constitution or Texas state law.

By the way, April 19th is the REAL Patriot's Day.

AcesandEights
19-Apr-2012, 07:08 PM

Always figured it was April 1st.

Danny
19-Apr-2012, 07:33 PM
Yup. Many deaths due to stupidity. Apply that to whichever side you choose....

thought it would be. Now time to sit back for the one thing that riles americans against each other more than obamacare on internet forums :lol:

i half joke, but god damn, every year its a waco argument.

Sammich
19-Apr-2012, 07:37 PM
I guess people don't even know the significance of the day anymore.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19, 1775.

When I was a kid they used to show these short educational animations during the saturday morning cartoons and I still remember them today.

EdDgmwEIJl8

Purge
19-Apr-2012, 11:35 PM
I suggest you watch the Academy Award nominated documentary Waco: The Rules of Engagement for a start because it is painfully obvious you know next to nothing about the mountains of evidence of that had come out years after the raid. It was a fabrication of the BATF to have a grand raid (OPERATION SHOWTIME) because their funding was about to be cut and the more than likely would have been disbanded due to previous incidents of mass incompetence and entrapment. The ATF had such a bad reputation that other agencies didn't even want ATF agents transferring into their ranks.

What Koresh or his followers were doing was not illegal under the Constitution or Texas state law.

Amen. Koresh's beliefs were nuttier than squirrel turds, but the point is that they were exercising their Constitutional right to worship as they pleased and to retaliate against undue deadly force. The Rules Of Engagement is essential viewing.

Christopher Jon
20-Apr-2012, 03:34 AM

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19, 1775.

When I was a kid they used to show these short educational animations during the saturday morning cartoons and I still remember them today.

EdDgmwEIJl8

School House Rock.

I'm sure they have been banned due to political correctness.

They should be mandatory viewing in schools. Preferably using the Ludovico Technique.

Publius
20-Apr-2012, 09:32 AM
um, if you are expecting me to feel sorry for half-crazed cult members with credulity that would shame a 4 year old, you've got the wrong person.

How about the dozen dead who WERE four-year-olds (or younger)? Perhaps they can be forgiven their childlike credulity. Twenty dead children overall, twelve of them four or younger.

Hear, hear!