PDA

View Full Version : Zone 261 (film)

Neil
20-Apr-2012, 01:06 PM
Running zombies? Check :(
Intelligent zombies? Check :(
Dinosaur screaming zombies? Check :(

5kD7_gjCYto

Landskrona, Sweden, 2013. Strong ethnical hatred between immigrants and native Swedes. A ship crashes into the harbor dock. Police enter the wreck - and are attacked by the infected crew. Bitten policemen fall in a coma - and wake up as rabid monsters.

The disease spreads like a wildfire. Everyone tries to escape.

But the city is quarantined - the military erects a concrete wall around the city. The few non-infected - Swedes and immigrants alike - take shelter in the citadel.

As the infected try to claw their way into their sanctuary, the non-infected have to decide who the worst monsters are: their former enemies inside - or the infected on the outside.

As the tension inside the citadel escalate to boiling point, the non-infected, in order to survive, have to decide if they view their former enemies as monsters - or as brothers and sisters; if they see each other as immigrants and Swedes - or as fellow humans.

http://www.zone261.com/images/poster_en.jpg

paranoid101
20-Apr-2012, 04:59 PM
No offence cause I know how running zombies go down here, but that trailer made the film really interesting for me, zombie with weapons and Intelligence make this film different from all the others.

I for one am going to keep an eye out for this film, looks really good in my opinion.

Neil
20-Apr-2012, 10:04 PM
No offence cause I know how running zombies go down here, but that trailer made the film really interesting for me, zombie with weapons and Intelligence make this film different from all the others.

I for one am going to keep an eye out for this film, looks really good in my opinion.

I can agree with you, all the way to the f***ing stupid dinosaur roar!

Sammich
21-Apr-2012, 02:27 AM
Except for the HK91 with unlimited ammo cheat it looked aight and at least they aren't using aimbots.

Christopher Jon
21-Apr-2012, 10:01 AM
Looks tasty.

Trencher
21-Apr-2012, 08:25 PM
I thought it looked great! They are more mutants than zombies but I dont mind as long its well made.

paranoid101
21-Apr-2012, 09:19 PM
I thought it looked great! They are more mutants than zombies but I dont mind as long its well made.

Agree think this fingers crossed could be something good.

Christopher Jon
21-Apr-2012, 11:55 PM
But the city is quarantined - the military erects a concrete wall around the city.
My quibble with the plot.

Sounds cool but that's not something the military or any contractor could just throw up over the weekend. Maybe the Extreme Home Makeover crew could pull it off.

Sammich
22-Apr-2012, 05:06 AM
The plot sounds similar to The Horde, but the police and criminals are replaced with swedes and immigrants.

gY4ui929TiE

JDFP
22-Apr-2012, 03:36 PM
Yuck!

An over-the-top action film that just happen to have zombies. I was waiting for Jean Claude to make an appearance and save the day in the trailer.

j.p.

Knighty
22-Apr-2012, 03:38 PM
JCVD in a zombie film? Now there's something I'd watch.

Mike70
22-Apr-2012, 04:51 PM
in the name of Poseidon, will this ever end??

the zombie genre has gone to the point of ridiculousness and beyond for reasons that it would take 60 posts to dig into. there have been some outstanding movies like "the dead", and very good ones like "the horde" and then there's the rest, most of which should be shot into the sun for good of human intelligence and eyesight.

krisvds
22-Apr-2012, 06:17 PM
in the name of Poseidon, will this ever end??

the zombie genre has gone to the point of ridiculousness and beyond for reasons that it would take 60 posts to dig into. there have been some outstanding movies like "the dead", and very good ones like "the horde" and then there's the rest, most of which should be shot into the sun for good of human intelligence and eyesight.

I pretty much agree with every word in the above quote.
La Horde rocks, but The Dead has everything I like in a zombie film. Mainly dread.

AcesandEights
22-Apr-2012, 07:35 PM
Looks like the actual production values are there, but the inclusion of intelligent weapon-wielding zombies, a certain overt slickness and lack of atmosphere looks like it'll be more of a miss than a hit for my tastes.

Sammich
22-Apr-2012, 09:09 PM
I would like to see more zombie movies with old school production elements.

1. Minimal to no slow motion action scenes. This stuff is getting out of hand and should stay in the Matrix.

2. Minimal to no cgi effects. Yes, it is cheap to do, but audiences are becoming less and less "wowed" by it's excessive use and is being used to make up for a lack of director ability. Less can be more and Hitchcock's movies like Psycho are an example of this.

3. Too much loud rock music. Who really wants to watch a 90 minute music video?

4. Plot and character development are not supposed to be afterthoughts. Who really wants to watch a 90 minute t.v. commercial?

alabama
23-Apr-2012, 12:00 AM
Looks like the actual production values are there, but the inclusion of intelligent weapon-wielding zombies, a certain overt slickness and lack of atmosphere looks like it'll be more of a miss than a hit for my tastes.

I completely agree with this! The fact that the "zombies" were running and holding weapons really put me off watching this film... as did the music if I'm honest.

Zombie_Rob123
23-Apr-2012, 12:31 AM
I can see where you're coming from, it just looked like humans, dressed up as zombies, holding weapons. The guy holding the chainsaw looked more like a monster than a "zombie".