PDA

View Full Version : Jason Stratham

Neil
03-May-2012, 12:26 PM
A nice little article over on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17905818

In just over a decade, actor Jason Statham has become a billion dollar box office success. But how did this one time street trader go from selling black market perfume and jewellery to starring opposite Brad Pitt, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone?

After debuting in Guy Ritchie's 1999 East End gangster hit, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Statham has carved his own niche in the action genre, appearing in box office hits like The Expendables and Snatch, as well as being the leading man in films including Death Race, The Transporter series and Crank.

These movies have taken more than a billion dollars in cinemas alone, making Statham one of the most bankable stars in the world - even if some critics complain he only plays one role.

krakenslayer
03-May-2012, 04:24 PM
The rich man's Phil Mitchell. :)

Rumsfeld
03-May-2012, 04:42 PM
I like Statham. Not the best actor in the world but many of his movies are enjoyable and funny.

rongravy
03-May-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah, not a big action movie guy anymore, but he's one of the few I still like to see. He's just a likeable guy, and I like the way he kicks the living shit out of people.

bassman
03-May-2012, 08:07 PM
Statham is good at what he does. There's no denying that.

I still think his best was his more comedic role as Turkish in Snatch....

Mike70
03-May-2012, 11:26 PM
i'm not a big action fan but i'll watch just about anything Statham is in. the way he seems to enjoy completely punishing motherfookers is something that i find quite entertaining.

MoonSylver
04-May-2012, 10:01 PM
Agree with all of the above insofar as decent actor & seems like a likeable guy. Plus he gives all of us "follically challenged" fellows hope that you can still score with hot chicks. :lol:

Sammich
04-May-2012, 10:45 PM
Why is he always so angry in everything? It is like he is the white version of Ice Cube.

EvilNed
05-May-2012, 07:46 AM
I don't know, some of the stuff he's made is so shit. Like Crank and what-the-fuck is up with those Transporter flicks?

I'm not impressed.

Neil
05-May-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't know, some of the stuff he's made is so shit. Like Crank and what-the-fuck is up with those Transporter flicks?

I'm not impressed.

I like Crank.

I like the first couple of Transporter films.

I was impressed. :)

As as for the "so shit" comment? Again, perfectly adequate films. Certainly not "shit" in any realms of reasonable consideration...

EvilNed
05-May-2012, 10:32 AM
Haven't seen Death Race remake, and have no desire to do so. Expendables was kick ass, however. Eagerly awaiting the second one.

Never saw Snatch, but I did see Lock, Stock. Of course, it's good. But looking at his filmography at IMDb there's nothing really that he's made that made me go anything other than "Eh."

I enjoyed the Jet Li flicks he made. But because of Jet Li and dumb-action. I only ever saw Crank 1, but there was something really ugly about that film. Must've been an early attempt to shoot digital - before Digitial was anything of worth. It looked real ugly. Transporter flicks? I'd be willing to give them another go.

SymphonicX
14-May-2012, 03:21 PM
eww Statham is horrible. His American accent sucks, along with his acting...and all the movies he's been in since Snatch. Ugh.

I purposely avoid Statham movies..!