PDA

View Full Version : Jericho tv series to return?

Neil
03-May-2012, 01:16 PM
I thought it had died, but maybe there's hope?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-Netflix-Jericho-1046804.aspx

TV Guide Magazine confirms that Netflix has approached CBS about reviving cult fave Jericho — and the network, through its CBS TV Studios production arm, is considering it. The drama, which followed the residents of a small Kansas town in the wake of a nuclear attack, has been off the air since 2008.

Now, they just need to get a new series of Firefly made now!

AcesandEights
03-May-2012, 01:24 PM
Huh...my first thought when I read this was "great", followed quickly by, "but is it really necessary or best for the overall story they've already told?"

I liked how things left off with questions and some hope, but if they can get most of the same cast and creative back and have some good ideas...hell, why not!

Danny
03-May-2012, 04:10 PM
jericho was a prime example of why you shouldnt bend to the pressure of 'the fans'

step 1: cancel show because people were not watching it.
step 2: massive campaign to get it back on the air.
step 3: spend your finite money to produce another season.
step 4: they dont watch it
step 5: cancel it because its losing you money
step 6: the fans are suddenly back complaining it was cancelled again.

Shit gets cancelled because people dont watch it. if you are one of the few that does and loved it i know the feeling, stargate universe season 2 was fantastic but that got canned. but you cant expect them to keep bringing shit back for the prestige factor of it coming back, especially went it wont magically get more ratings than last time.
shows die, sometimes it sucks. but 99% of the time it was canned for a good reason.

Mike70
03-May-2012, 11:31 PM
Now, they just need to get a new series of Firefly made now!

that would be awesome indeed. but because of the movie several key characters are gone and i believe to get the movie made Wheedon had to sign an agreement not to pursue a TV revival for a set number of years. that may have expired but, and damned unfortunately, i fear we may never have anything other than the first abbreviated season and the movie.

that blows donkey gonads because firefly was one of the few things that's been on tv in the last 2 decades worth watching. babylon 5 being one of the other members of that extremely small club.

and i HATED "jericho" with a passion it was dour, plagued with ridiculous language, and the usual cliche of "who really is the enemy" crap. boring.

Danny
04-May-2012, 02:27 AM
and i HATED "jericho" with a passion it was dour, plagued with ridiculous language, and the usual cliche of "who really is the enemy" crap. boring.

f*ck yes. the only time thats been good on tv in the last decade was with LOST because the others were ambiguos, and became more so as it went on. most shows its the opposite, they become more cartoonishly evil. and the set up is always terrible.
like the thing mid season of the last walking dead season when the two guys show up in the bar asking where they live and if they can come back with them. We all know whats coming because every show does it in the same damn way. 'who can you trust'. when did 'who dunnit' get replaced with 'everyone is an indecisive double agent prick'?