PDA

View Full Version : Another triumph for Asylum!

Sammich
12-May-2012, 12:35 AM
Why waste $20 to see a movie based on a board game from LAST CENTURY?

Sit in the comfort of your own home and experience the epic adventure AMERICAN WARSHIP on SyFy channel! Be a part of the excitement as award winning actors Mario Van Peebles and Carl Weathers lead America in the fight against hostile aliens who hate us for our freedoms! Premieres May 19 at 9/8c

UJwgRY0r67k

AcesandEights
12-May-2012, 01:59 AM
Way to spoil Neil's weekend :D

Actually, is it possible this could be better than the movie it's ripping off?!

Sammich
12-May-2012, 02:44 AM
Way to spoil Neil's weekend :D

Actually, is it possible this could be better than the movie it's ripping off?!

Well, it already is better because it is using real actors in serious roles instead of a Star Wars hacktor and eye-candy singer.

Rumsfeld
13-May-2012, 03:10 AM
Next thing you know they will make a movie on Chutes and Ladders.

LouCipherr
14-May-2012, 02:38 PM

Shhhhh!!! Don't say that too loud, they'll take it seriously! :lol:

Danny
14-May-2012, 02:43 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/tumblr_lm7jzrrxem1qjv48ho1_500-1.jpg

If it is a surprise at this point they do this, and it still upsets you then you gotta learn to chill out and dismiss this crap. they aint going anywhere.

Neil
20-Sep-2012, 03:41 PM
Interesting to read this on the IMDB comments - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2175927/

In all of my stupidity, I thought this was the big motion picture that was out in the cinema so I bought the DVD. Honestly, I have seen a lot of movies, some better then others, but this is the biggest crap ever. Even the gunshots are fake and the actors move their guns back and forth like they shoot and CGI is added later to make it look like they fire it....

I had a deja vu feeling back when the movie "The day the earth stood still" came out and in the same year that awful rip off "e Day the Earth Stopped" appeared. Same thing as this, only 4 years later. The pure waste of money that went into this.....

An alarm bell should have gone off when I saw the cast line up.....all formerly successful movie stars that are looking to score another buck....regardless the script. Shame on them.

or...

Warning! Stay clear of this movie! I rented this film at my local video store tonight. I thought I had rented the Peter Berg movie. In Norway this movie is called American BATTLESHIP. American is written in small letters and Battleship in large letters. The DVD cover picture is very similar to the Battleship DVD cover. It is a total rip off! It is clearly done so you shall think that it's the other film. Imagine my surprise when I pressed play and discovered this piece of sh..! Bad acting, lame filming and hopeless special effects. If only it had been done on purpose it would be funny. Watching this movie was a total waste of good chips and time. Too bad I have to give it one star. Should have been zero! :(

Please stop these muppets!

MoonSylver
20-Sep-2012, 09:43 PM

Shhhhh!!! Don't say that too loud, they'll take it seriously! :lol:

http://www.mefeedia.com/video/52651222

Please stop these muppets!

Meh. This has been going on forever in one form or another, from Italian genre rip offs to them trotting out the TV versions of The Hulk, Spider-Man & Captain America when the big screen version hits, repackaged to look similar, & selling it on DVD at the time of release. I use to see it all the time in my retail days.

Consider it cinema Darwinism. If you pick up a movie called "InDefendUs Day" starring "Bill Smith, Bill Pushman, & Jeff Foldblum" & are surprised it's not the real thing, maybe you deserve to get snookered! :lol:

rongravy
20-Sep-2012, 11:50 PM
I thought Battleship was pretty decent actually.

Cykotic
21-Sep-2012, 01:18 AM
How can The Asylum get away with mockbusters? I mean, WTF?