PDA

View Full Version : Jim O'Rear

Yojimbo
13-May-2012, 03:51 PM
HomepageoftheDead.com
The views and opinions expressed in this thread are those of the speakers or authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions held by, or are in anyway endorsed by, HomepageoftheDead.com.

HomepageoftheDead.com does not guarantee the current relevance, correctness, completeness or quality of any information within this thread.

I looked around the pages here and did not see any mention of this, so I thought that I would share this with you all - in particular those of you who attend conventions with your Day of the Dead memorabilia.

I recently made this post on a dead related Facebook page which resulted in several days of drama:

"Jim O'Rear, infamous for duping fans at conventions by falsely representing himself as a cast member of Romero's Day of the Dead once again ruined a fan's poster of the film by convincing her to allow him to autograph her piece. If you run into Jim O'Rear aka: James O'Rear, please be forewarned that he has been called out on numerous occasions for fraudently representing himself as having appeared in Romero's Day of the Dead as a zombie extra and a stuntman. When confronted, O'Rear is unable to substantiate any of his claims. Do not allow this O'Rear to sign your Day of the Dead memorabilia under any circumstances, even if he offers to do so for free. Expert sources maintain that in spite of what he might say or what Wikipedia represents as truth or what ignorant convention bookers might believe, O'Rear never appeared in Romero's Day of the Dead. Numerous fans have had their pieces of memorabillia autographed by O'Rear only to regret this after the fact and after the irreversable damage to their memorabillia had been done. Please do not allow O'Rear to foul your piece with his dishonesty."

This post resulted in a shitstorm of activity from O'Rear and his misguided followers who barraged me and a few other members of various pages on FB -including Lee Karr and DubiousComforts, among other current members and some former members of HPOTD- with personal attacks and petty annoyances. In the end, out of fear of FB reprisal and bans threatened by FB, the moderators of various pages asked folks to cease fire.

This discussion then went offsite from Facebook to a site where there had been a previous, but ongoing skirmish between O'Rear and our resident dead media expert Lee Karr which can be viewable here: http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3301

Since I have faith in Lee Karr and DubiousComforts position that Jim O'Rear is a fake and a fraud, I felt that it would be appropriate to warn my friends here too lest they allow O'Rear to deface their DAY memorabilia with his signature.

If anyone knows anything about this guy, Jim O'Rear, or has been duped into allowing him to autograph their stuff, I would like to hear about it.

capncnut
13-May-2012, 07:10 PM
Hello everyone. I am the (piss) artist formerly known as Capn Dallow, now returned as capncnut with approval from the staff. Nice to be back. Please let me chime in on the apparent and alleged deception of Mr. O'Rear.

Until last week, I hadn't even heard of the guy. At first, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until two good friends, Lee Karr (thxleo) and Jim Cirronella (Dubious Comforts), alerted me to the fact that this man might not be genuine. Lee, who I have known for a few years now, is an authority on Day of the Dead as far as I'm concerned, is presently writing a book on the subject, has gotten me signatures at conventions off his own back and sends them to London where I live, at zero expense.

I admit that I was active in the Facebook outing of O'Rear on a page called Dr. Logan's Chop Shop, which was my standing behind someone that I trust 100%. It was respectfully asked that the man provide us with proof of his working on the movie, which he is still unable to do. It was then asked that he at least tell us which scenes he was in so that it officially goes on record and his presence on set could be verified by others who were in the same scene. Again, he is still unable to provide us with this information.

He claims to have been a Florida zombie, has signed merch with this as the subtitle, and says Joe Pilato and Gary Klar can back up his claims of working with them in Florida. One problem with this: Joe Pilato and Gary Klar never set foot in Florida and were only on set at the Wampum Mine in Pennsylvania.

A friend of mine called Lisa (she may register here as DOTDFan) posted a photograph of her glorious poster, which has pretty much every signature from the cast and crew of Day of the Dead on it. It also bears Mr. O'Rear's signature, which has the subtitle of "stunts and zombie". A scan of this poster can be made available. I am willing to bite my tongue and accept that he was maybe a zombie - hell, any regular Joe can wander in on set and get made up - but stuntman? That is a highly questionable and ballsy claim.

So this Facebook thing escalates and instead of trying to silence us with cold hard facts on the matter, O'Rear and his followers resorted to name-calling and insults, notably Yojimbo, where cruel comments were made about his looks and his character. I hear the Chop Shop administrator was also made fun of and it resulted O'Rear's account going down for a few hours.

All of a sudden the Tom Savini page posted and seemingly backed up O'Rear's claims. I was genuinely shocked, and considered sending O'Rear a personal apology for doubting him. However, I had to be sure and politely requested that Savini acknowledge the stuntman claims to put the thing to rest conclusively. I replied only once to his post and this landed me no less than five warnings at Facebook (I have it on good authority it was O'Rear and Savini themselves), as posted below along with my single request to the Savini page.

We've received one or more reports that the following content you posted violates Facebook policies. We have not yet taken any action:
"Mr. Savini, my name is Brett and I have been a lifelong fan. I have your signature on many pieces of memorabilia and am very good friends with one of your students, who is quite the budding make-up artist himself. For the sake of putting this to rest, I respectfully ask you to confirm whether Mr. O'Rear performed stunts in Day of the Dead. Any reply is greatly appreciated. Thank You. "

I would like to ask all of you, what part of this message would violate the terms and conditions of Facebook? On the third warning, I filed an extensive report and received an email from a Facebook admin that I had NOT breached guidelines and the situation would be looked into. A scan of this message can be made available also.

Now again, I ask, why not provide hard facts instead of resorting to harassment and attempts at silencing someone who has done little more than request the truth? I know for a fact that if I was Mr. O'Rear I would do my balls-out best to shut up my accusers and come out smelling of roses. Not only that, if I was friends with Savini I'd have him verify my stuntwork too, which is the claim that brought this entire debacle to light in the first place.

I am also friends with an acquaintance of O'Rear's who told me that he told him that he was on the elevator during the scene where Miguel committed suicide. That is a CROCK! Also, O'Rear's Wikipedia page has since deleted Day of the Dead from his biography. Fortunately Google image search offers the user a chance to view any webpage in cached form and I have a screengrab of the film still being mentioned in his bio as of May 8th, 2012.

I have now got word that Lee Karr has received an email from Savini who apologised to to him and stated that he does not remember O'Rear being in the film or making him up as a zombie. This is pretty damning evidence. Karr has posted these emails at From Dusk 'til Con at the expense of his friendship with Savini. It has been said that the stunt co-ordinator Taso Stavrakis has also called "bullshit" on O'Rear's claims, so I gather.

Adding all this to previous revelations made, I am entirely convinced that Mr. O'Rear did not appear in George A. Romero's Day of the Dead and is defacing people's merchandise. How would you guys like it if I scrawled on your poster with a Sharpie? Naturally I will not state this as concrete fact - I'm not that stupid - and will gladly kiss his ass if he proves us all wrong.

Oh, and I'm not just back to discuss this matter, I will be a regular and friendly contributor. :)

Yojimbo
13-May-2012, 08:03 PM
It went from bad to worse just now. Savini, if it really was him, made a viciously angry post threatening Lee on FB because he would not remove the Dusktillcon post outing Jim O'Rear as a fraud.

Ultimately I blame Jim O'Rear for dragging Tom into this.

capncnut
13-May-2012, 08:44 PM
Indeed, brother Jimbo. I saw and I am genuinely baffled. Nothing would make me feel better in having conclusive proof the man was in the film and like I say, I would give his bum a good ol' slurp if that proof was to come to light. But the outburst on Lee's Facebook seems to uphold the claims of fraud that has been made and many people can see that. Mr. Savini is just upset that Lee broke a confidence, and that is understandble. In my opinion though, it was absolutely necessary to leak it in order to get this mess sorted once and for all. Lee was fully aware of the consequences. Threatening to smash the guy up at the next convention is very unclassy and I'm really not sure what to think about it all.

I hope the situation gets sorted because it becoming a joke now. I have faith that everything will iron itself out eventually and that this unfortunate mess can be resolved.

kortick
13-May-2012, 09:00 PM
Lol, reading that shit fit that Savini had was actually amusing.
talk about losing it.
Hey its not every day that Tom Savini says hes gonna murder you....

capncnut
13-May-2012, 11:31 PM
Hey its not every day that Tom Savini says hes gonna murder you....

http://www.freewebs.com/dawnmain/bladesbio2.jpg
"Say goodbye, creep!"

jscott
14-May-2012, 01:00 PM
I feel bad for Lee for doing the right thing. I feel bad for Savini for defending a fraudulent "actor/author/stuntman", and I feel bad for anyone who got the wool pulled over their eyes & got a sig from O'Rear. In my experience, O'Rear's always been a fraud, never offering any proof that he was involved in DAY, not to mention no one else from the cast or crew confirming his appearance. Now Savini has to insult Lee so he doesn't look bad for sticking up for O'Rear. What's that say about the state of Tom's "career" at the moment?

It's this situation that makes me glad I'm out of the conventions loop (haven't been to a show since 04). I hope Lee doesn't suffer any fallout from people like Tom, O'Rear, etc..., because Lee's one of the most stand-up, honest, straight shooters I've had the pleasure of hanging out with in the last 8 years, and sharing information with as well. His character is 150% solid compared to grumpy old Savini signing pictures without looking you in the eye or that GIMP O'Rear who can offer no proof to his claims.

http://www.jimorear.com/riflepromo.jpg

HI! I WAS A ZOMBIE/STUNTMAN IN DAY OF THE DEAD!

bassman
14-May-2012, 01:19 PM
If he's not charging for his autograph, i'm just wondering how he could benefit from all this? Why give autographs for a film you didn't work on if you're not gaining anything from it? I'm not defending the guy, he sounds like a douche, it just doesn't make any sense why he would go out of his way to say he was involved when all he can gain is his signature ruining other people's memorabilia....

jscott
14-May-2012, 04:15 PM
If he's not charging for his autograph, i'm just wondering how he could benefit from all this?

Because it makes it easier for O'Rear to get booked at conventions that feature people who actually worked on the film, to make it more appealing to fans of that particular film to attend the con so he can promote his amazing career (HA!). He does list DAY as his first credit on his bio's & convention description. Has anyone actually read any of his so-called books, or seen the low rent flicks he's "starred in"? I know I haven't.

capncnut
14-May-2012, 05:44 PM
Has anyone actually read any of his so-called books, or seen the low rent flicks he's "starred in"? I know I haven't.
I've seen a few clips on YouTube and it's laughable. The dude's not worthy of being in an extra in an Ed Wood flick, let alone Day of the Dead.

Another thing I have noticed is that on his website and on an interview page, there is one stand out photo of a zombie in the mine that is placed among others of him in a way that leads the reader think it is him. Naturally it is not him, it is of Dave Kindlon, and O'Rear has admitted that he has zero proof of being on the set. Also, wherever this debate seems to be taken, it's almost like a war between curious folk like myself, Lee Karr and Yojimbo versus one or two arrogant people who laugh at the claims even though new evidence is coming to light with every day that passes.

Why can't the man just tell everyone what scenes he was in and shut everyone up? He's roped poor old Savini into it and it's potentially damaged the guy's reputation. Who else is he gonna go screaming to for back up? If you can't fight your own battles then don't bother.

MoonSylver
14-May-2012, 06:38 PM
How ironic that a guy named "O'Rear" is going around f'ing people in the a$$...:( ;) :lol: Sad to hear that someone has nothing better to do than screw over fans. :(

AcesandEights
14-May-2012, 07:04 PM
So shady!

First, welcome back, Brett. :)

Second, I'm glad that I use facebook more for keeping up with individuals and less with 'communities', because there are some crazies out there.

This is horrible drama, but I applaud you and Yojimbo for acting on what you could only assume to be good information based on the sources (Lee & Dubious Comforts are as close to experts & chroniclers on the topic as there is). And, as you say, if there's any truth to Jim O'rear's claims, not only should the first response be a reasoned considerate one by him, it should be the sort of response that is reasonably verifiable.

I only became somewhat aware of this a few days ago when I noticed some bit about it in my feed, as I'm friends with Yojimbo on FB. I have to say, the thought of someone harassing Yojimbo blows me away, as he's consistently been one of the classiest and nicest people I've met through hpotd.

I'm very interested in how this pans out, and somewhat pissed in the interim. Good luck!

capncnut
15-May-2012, 01:58 AM
http://www.facebook.com/groups/drlogan/

Attagirl! :D

Yojimbo
17-May-2012, 02:45 PM
I only became somewhat aware of this a few days ago when I noticed some bit about it in my feed, as I'm friends with Yojimbo on FB. I have to say, the thought of someone harassing Yojimbo blows me away, as he's consistently been one of the classiest and nicest people I've met through hpotd.

Kind of you to say, Brother Aces - though unsure that O'Rear would agree. Nevertheless, thanks for the backup!

This was never meant to be a personal attack on Jim O'Rear, just an attempt to make sure that the word about him got to the fans for their own protection. Fans who have spent countless hours and buckets of money to get signatures of those involved in the making of a film should not have their priceless memorabillia marred with a psudeo-celb's signature - it's just wrong. O'Rear did take to making personal attacks - not only on me but on anyone who dared to question him, and did his best to obscure the truth and prevent it from coming out. Some moderators of pages actually accomodated his requests (or threats) by removing all mention of this topic, which makes me all the more glad that there are pages like HPOTD and mods like Andy and Neil who stand their ground and let the truth speak for itself. My deepest respect for this page and all the mods here!

krakenslayer
17-May-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey, good to see you again Brett!

By the way, this thread is now the third top result for the guy's name in Google, coming before the guy's actual, official website. Looks like O'Rear and Savini are getting some schooling in the Barbara Streisand effect. This could get interesting... :)

AcesandEights
17-May-2012, 06:02 PM
Hey, good to see you again Brett!

By the way, this thread is now the third top result for the guy's name in Google, coming before the guy's actual, official website. This could get interesting... :)

It's also the top result when googling "Jim O'Rear Fraud".

Debbieangel
17-May-2012, 06:18 PM
I didn't see you being harassed yojimbo, if I would have I would have said something. It's getting real real bad when they start on kind people like Yojimbo who has been nothing but nice to anyone.
Sorry somebody was harassing Yojimbo!! wow that is just wrong!!!!

WELCOME BACK BRETTO....soooo GLAD you have returned!!!!!!
Thank you for letting Brett back Andy and Neil!!!!

Yojimbo
18-May-2012, 02:27 AM
I didn't see you being harassed yojimbo, if I would have I would have said something. It's getting real real bad when they start on kind people like Yojimbo who has been nothing but nice to anyone.
Sorry somebody was harassing Yojimbo!! wow that is just wrong!!!!

WELCOME BACK BRETTO....soooo GLAD you have returned!!!!!!
Thank you for letting Brett back Andy and Neil!!!!

Thanks Debbie, and welcome back Capncut!

Sammich
18-May-2012, 02:54 AM
Savini is lashing out because his huge ego was damaged for having to admit that he was wrong, then again after the public was told about it.

capncnut
09-Jun-2012, 06:20 PM
East Coast Horror Group podcast with Lori Cardille (http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/). Scoot to the 39 minute mark for the juiciness. ;)

AcesandEights
09-Jun-2012, 10:19 PM
East Coast Horror Group podcast with Lori Cardille (http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/). Scoot to the 39 minute mark for the juiciness. ;)

The drama continues. Very ballsy of Lori! Pretty classy too!

"I am Sarah and ten times Sarah when it comes to this stuff." :D

capncnut
09-Jun-2012, 11:15 PM
The drama continues. Very ballsy of Lori! Pretty classy too!
She is one of the loveliest and most positive people you could hope to talk to on a social network. Loves her fans to death.

Sammich
10-Jun-2012, 03:21 AM
Savini is going to end up angry, alone and shunned if he thinks his entourage of superficial Hollywood Tarantino groupies are going to stick around after he tanks. The parasites WILL find another more popular host to feed off of. He probably would be selling used cars somewhere if it weren't for the Romero movie fans.

IMO, the thing with the horror community (fans and industry) is that it may not be huge, but it is very close knit and word gets around fast. You just can't pull that prima donna crap like the egomaniacs in "mainstream" movies and still expect to be loved and respected long after your career is over.

If Tom wants to salvage what is left of his reputation, he should immediately stop the b.s. and with all sincerety make a public apology to everyone he trashed, especially Lee.

krakenslayer
10-Jun-2012, 10:29 AM
Savini is going to end up angry, alone and shunned if he thinks his entourage of superficial Hollywood Tarantino groupies are going to stick around after he tanks. The parasites WILL find another more popular host to feed off of. He probably would be selling used cars somewhere if it weren't for the Romero movie fans.

Is it just me, or is the man actually turning into his character from Knightriders?

capncnut
11-Jun-2012, 03:23 AM
If Tom wants to salvage what is left of his reputation, he should immediately stop the b.s. and with all sincerety make a public apology to everyone he trashed, especially Lee.
Well, funny you should say that, Tom will be interviewed for the same podcast on the 18th. He posted a message at Facebook today stating that while he respects Lori (he says he's not heard the interview yet), he will be responding to her and the situation in the interview. He also went on to make some pretty slanderous remarks about Lee and how he's only in it to get sex stories about all the groupies Tom has f*cked. Pretty laughable really all considering. Lee replied to him angrily (as you can imagine), said that he has all his interviews on tape should anyone require proof of said BS, and a bunch of us (including one or two of Tom's associates it seems) respectfully wiped our arses with a legend. Of course, he took the whole statement down, along with our replies.

However, taking something down does not remove the proof. A number of members at Dr. Logan's group (best Dead discussion on the net, btw) have saved everything that's been said by all parties and they are being circulated. All a member has to do is say, "wow, what happened here..." and BLAM they got 50 PM's with text comments, screen grabs, the lot. I really hope Tom does the right thing and apologises but I'm not holding my breath.

AcesandEights
11-Jun-2012, 01:32 PM
He also went on to make some pretty slanderous remarks about Lee and how he's only in it to get sex stories about all the groupies Tom has fucked.

Why do I take this as Savini going on at length at various points about the sordid details of his past with people he thinks will care and Lee and others having to put up with it and look past it.

If Savini had claimed Lee had flamed him over politicis, I'd believe it, but this? Not so much.

Neil
11-Jun-2012, 03:25 PM
Well, funny you should say that, Tom will be interviewed for the same podcast on the 18th.Going to be interesting!

...he's only in it to get sex stories about all the groupies Tom has f*cked.God, I thought all this nonsense had gone by ten years ago when we had all the teenage groupy, STD, pregnancy accusations!

shootemindehead
12-Jun-2012, 09:03 AM
Lori Cardille sounds like a very nice lady.

Thorn
12-Jun-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, funny you should say that, Tom will be interviewed for the same podcast on the 18th. He posted a message at Facebook today stating that while he respects Lori (he says he's not heard the interview yet), he will be responding to her and the situation in the interview. He also went on to make some pretty slanderous remarks about Lee and how he's only in it to get sex stories about all the groupies Tom has f*cked. Pretty laughable really all considering. Lee replied to him angrily (as you can imagine), said that he has all his interviews on tape should anyone require proof of said BS, and a bunch of us (including one or two of Tom's associates it seems) respectfully wiped our arses with a legend. Of course, he took the whole statement down, along with our replies.

However, taking something down does not remove the proof. A number of members at Dr. Logan's group (best Dead discussion on the net, btw) have saved everything that's been said by all parties and they are being circulated. All a member has to do is say, "wow, what happened here..." and BLAM they got 50 PM's with text comments, screen grabs, the lot. I really hope Tom does the right thing and apologises but I'm not holding my breath.

I take offense sir. *Looks around Homepage of the dead "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

SymphonicX
13-Jun-2012, 12:21 PM
Here's the bottom line:

Even if Jim O'Rear had played BUB, I still wouldn't make an attempt for his autograph based on this stunningly unprofessional and childish behaviour towards dedicated fans.

Thorn
13-Jun-2012, 01:41 PM
Here's the bottom line:

Even if Jim O'Rear had played BUB, I still wouldn't make an attempt for his autograph based on this stunningly unprofessional and childish behaviour towards dedicated fans.

I signed up to join in the discussion on the forum linked in the first post here and it has since been locked it appears. Oh well.

capncnut
13-Jun-2012, 03:43 PM
I signed up to join in the discussion on the forum linked in the first post here and it has since been locked it appears. Oh well.
Basically O' Rear has been contacting various websites with laughable lawsuit threats (including HPotD) and unfortunately FDTC closed the topic.

I take offense sir. *Looks around Homepage of the dead "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"
Haha, it wasn't a dig, but Dr. Logan's (and the accompanying Dawn page) are so busy that I have to turn their updates off sometimes because it swamps my news feed. Gotta say though, it's nice to see the likes of Leo, Dubious Comforts, Axl, Kaos, Yojimbo, Monroezombie, Debs, all up to our necks in splattered brains and flaky celebs. It's very much like ye olde HPotD in many ways.

Going to be interesting!
That ain't nothing, Neil. Wait until you see this! <PM sent> ;)

Sammich
13-Jun-2012, 07:25 PM
Basically O' Rear has been contacting various websites with laughable lawsuit threats (including HPotD) and unfortunately FDTC closed the topic.

I am not a lawyer, but I have some knowledge about how these types of lawsuits work. If this guy thinks a lawsuit is a simple way to get people to quit talking about his questionable claims, he has another thing coming. A lawsuit would open up his ENTIRE past to scrutiny and drag Savini and possibly Romero in the mess to testify as witnesses. Everything he has presented so far seems to be "trust me", where as Lee has documentation.

Neil
13-Jun-2012, 07:33 PM
Had Mr O'Rear approached this site in what I would call a 'gentlemanly fashion,' I would have considered his requests far more seriously. But to throw threats of legal action in your first communication to someone I must admit annoyed me, hence the thread still being here. Furthermore, I just don't see an issue with the thread as regards Mr O'Rear, as it's simply debating what evidence there is/isn't for his claims.

That all said, given the points/nature of discussion in the thread surrounding Mr O'Rear and Savini, I would ask that a level of modicum is maintained such that it doesn't just descend into character assassinations, and posts remain fair and level headed please.

axlish
13-Jun-2012, 11:05 PM
<----- Team Karr

capncnut
17-Jun-2012, 08:29 PM
Had Mr O'Rear approached this site in what I would call a 'gentlemanly fashion,' I would have considered his requests far more seriously.
Well, you only have to go to FDTC to see all the multiple accounts he created, pretending to be fans until the staff got savvy and banned them. What does that tell you about a person when they have to create accounts to defend themselves? Guilty, that's what. ;)

<----- Team Karr
Me and Axl bat for the same team! Wait, that didn't come out right...

Sammich
19-Jun-2012, 11:01 PM
What was the outcome of the Savini interview yesterday?

Neil
20-Jun-2012, 08:16 AM
What was the outcome of the Savini interview yesterday?

Nothing posted there yet. Maybe they're still talking to lawyers to see if they air it or not :)

capncnut
20-Jun-2012, 12:05 PM
The interview has yet to be conducted. He is working on Tarantino's Django Unchained and pulled out of yesterdays 'appointment'. ;)

Andy
20-Jun-2012, 04:28 PM
Well, you only have to go to FDTC to see all the multiple accounts he created, pretending to be fans until the staff got savvy and banned them. What does that tell you about a person when they have to create accounts to defend themselves? Guilty, that's what. ;)

Honestly after this topic was reinstated, i was expecting at least 1 to appear here :p

krakenslayer
20-Jun-2012, 08:57 PM
Honestly after this topic was reinstated, i was expecting at least 1 to appear here :p

Here Jimmyjimmyjimmy... HEEEERE JIMMYJIMMYJIMMY! Psspsspsspsspsspss! :shifty:

capncnut
20-Jun-2012, 11:53 PM
Here Jimmyjimmyjimmy... HEEEERE JIMMYJIMMYJIMMY! Psspsspsspsspsspss! :shifty:
Believe me, he won't be coming out to play. If he has any sense, he'll be trying to distance himself from this shit as much as possible. We've heard it from Lori, Taso and (sneakily, courtesy of Lee Karr) Tom. Any attempt at a half-arsed defense would only expose the inconsistencies further.

DOTD85FAN
01-Jul-2012, 08:47 PM
Hello, I am new here.. Thank you, for letting me register. I have heard great things about this site. My name is Ryan. ... This looks like a great site to have good conversations ...

-- -------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I would like to tell you my Jim O'Rear story. In early 2010 I had seen that O'Rear was going to be attending the Horror Hound convention in Indianopolis. Well me being a fantatic completeist fan I wanted get his autograph on our poster as on Jim's website it says he was a zombie in the film, and also he claims he did stunts. Well, I dug into this further and sure enough Jim O'Rear is credited on major websites like the IMDB and Wikipedia and so on for being in the Orginal 1985 Day of The Dead .... I went to the that convention and noticed right off the bat (this should have been a red flag to me) that O'Rear was not sitting no where near the other Day of the Dead guests. O'Rear had a table as a vendor. I walked up to him and asked if he was in the film. Right away he told me he was background zombie and that he did stunts. (which should have been another red flag to me, beacause only Taso Stravakis did stunts in the film) Well, my stupid ass had him sign our poster that has 21 signatures on it (soon to be 30 by the end of this year) ... And when he signed it he wrote a caption underneath his name as "zombie and stunts" ( I will post a pic of this soon ) ... Well I thought nothing of it and continued over the next 2 years to obatin more autographs on the poster... Well back in May, my wife had joined a DOTD Facebook group. We were told by several very reputable people in so many words that Jim O'Rear was not in the film at all ... So much so, that he been challenged numerous times to provide a photo, screenshot, contract, DOTD newspaper (which zombies extras recieved), etc ... Jim won't provide anything, and defends himself with comments like "You will just have to take my word, I was in the movie." "and I sign DOTD stuff for FREE, so if you sont like it, dont get it signed." How about all the stuff you already did sign?! Why is it so difficult for Jim to provide ANY evidence he was in this MAJOR STAPLE horror film. Jim got Tom Savini into this, by getting Tom to post on Facebook that Jim was a zombie in the movie. Then a few days later, an email leaked out that was said to be from Tom himself, that he does NOT remember him in the movie, and he was just doing his friend a favor. Then Tom flys off the handle in so many words, and threatens and name calls certain people on Facebook. I have lost all respect for Tom Savini. I will always say the guy's FX work was legendary, but in my opinion he could give 2 shits less about the true fans, or anything that does not pertain to him and his "freinds" and "code and honor" ... and his 5 - 10 minute roles in movies. Jim and Tom in my opinion are great for each other, 2 peas in a pod. I heard (don't know, or don't care if this is true) that there is going to be another movie coming out with O'Rear and Tom as the director -- can't wait for that great quality straight to DVD movie. You Tube or Google search about Tom Savini, and see what fans are saying about him at conventions... It seems every other week I hear a story about a fan that walks away from Tom's table that is pissed off ... Back to O'Rear -- I noticed lately that O'Rear is pretty much only doing conventions in the southern states... Just wanted to tell everyone who collects autographs this unusual story ... and how this has been the biggest mistake I have done pertaining to collecting autographs... I have collected autographs for over 20 years, and this has been an awful experience, as this poster is my prized crown in our collection, that is now potentially ruined by O'Rear, who won't provide concrete proof he was in the film. But as time goes on, I am strongly considering keeping the autograph on the poster, as the story has taken a life of its own, and has become INFAMOUS. Now stars from the movie are involved. Who knows, maybe the truth will be exposed in this debacle .... I could spend a $100 and get the signature removed... but you know, I don't plan on selling the poster ... why not keep it ? make a parody out of it ? Put some cartoonish decals next to it ? What's your guys thoughts on all of this strangeness ????? I will be posting pics very soon ...

capncnut
01-Jul-2012, 09:43 PM
Hello, Ryan. I'm Brett and a friend of Lisa's on Facebook. She is a doll, which is why it is so frustrating to see her banned from posting there for three days due to the disgusting bully tactics of the man in question. I've been speaking a fair bit with Zero Day Releasing (Dubious Comforts here) and I believe an accumulation of evidence that has taken a year or so to compile is due to drop shortly. Have you spoken to him? I am sure he would love to have a scan of your signature.

DOTD85FAN
01-Jul-2012, 09:52 PM
Hello, Ryan. I'm Brett and a friend of Lisa's on Facebook. She is a doll, which is why it is so frustrating to see her banned from posting there for three days due to the disgusting bully tactics of the man in question. I've been speaking a fair bit with Zero Day Releasing (Dubious Comforts here) and I believe an accumulation of evidence that has taken a year or so to compile is due to drop shortly. Have you spoken to him? I am sure he would love to have a scan of your signature.

Brett Thank you for the kind words.... Lisa says you are a great guy... and you know your stuff inside out ... Jim (Zero) is a great guy too, his 8x10 photos are unbelievable I will be posting a few pics in the next couple of minutes ... thanks Ryan

DOTD85FAN
01-Jul-2012, 09:57 PM
Here is a pic of the signature that I obtained from Jim O'Rear, at the 2010 Horror Hound Convention. I think my favorite part of this whole crazy story is what some people consider "stunts" in a movie ... Funny Shit !

Yojimbo
01-Jul-2012, 11:29 PM
Hey DOTD85FAN, thanks for sharing your story.

I too am incensed that O'Rear got Lisa banned at FB, one again victimizing her after duping her into allowing him to sign her poster.

I welcome any legal action Jim O'Rear would like to take against me since ultimately he will be proven a liar and a fraud should he file a suit. In this regard, I doubt that he will ever make good on these threats and will instead to continue to pull petty, chicken-shit annoyances on good folks like Lisa in his attempts to obfuscate the truth that he is a liar. Jim O'Rear should remember that unlike him, folks like Lisa and DOTD85FAN are within their rights to file a legal suit against him for ruining their merchandise so if I were him I think that I would not be so quick to pull the tiger's tail so to speak.

Jim, if you choose to sue me please spell my name right: STEVEN K. SUEHIRO

I publically call you out as a fraud!

krakenslayer
01-Jul-2012, 11:32 PM
Jim, if you choose to sue me please spell my name right: STEVEN K. SUEHIRO

:thumbsup:

"The 'K' stands for kick your lying ass in court!" :lol:

DOTD85FAN
01-Jul-2012, 11:33 PM
Here is another pic. This one is a parody of Rhodes shooting a machine gun. (From the scene where Rhodes kills Logan, and says, "I killed Logan, because he was a butcher!") I am tentatively planning placing this on my poster on a "blood pack" (3x5 baseball card holder with fake blood in it, and with bullet hole decals) right over to the O'Rear signautre, giving it a see through translucent effect. Since I don't plan on selling the poster, and since it looks like O'Rear was not in the film, why not have some fun with it? As a collector for over 20 years, I have seen many strange "errors" "mistakes" and controversial issues worth something to a certain type of fan ... A little more on the esoteric and unusual, but I am not the the "normal" collector .... Also I plan on placing a 4x6 small photo of Rhodes death scene on the far left corner signed by all the Granati Brothers .... I want to give the poster an embossed/3-D effect ... I may make the Day of the Dead title on thick tape pad red letters and place those directly over the current title ... As Rhodes would say, "I'm running this monkey farm now, and I want to know what the fuck your doing with my time!" LOL ! -- It's all in good fun!! Please Jim don't take offense! Since you are potentially ruining people's shit (without backing up your claims you were in DOTD85) , I thought I would have some fun in return ! LOL ! -- ALL GOOD FUN -- NO HARM INTENDED ! After All Jim, you did a movie about censorship, right ??? We should all have the right to express ourselves when an issue of potential damages comes up, that the bearer of evidence is not provided in defense ! :mad::sneaky::D

DOTD85FAN
01-Jul-2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the assist Yojimbo! I wish the world had more people like you and Zero, and THX LEO, and Brett -- maybe it would be a better place! As Logan would say, "Were in the minority right now, they have out run us!" -- this statement is also true pertaining to assholes in the world ! LOL ! -- thanks again brother ....

capncnut
02-Jul-2012, 12:47 AM
I welcome any legal action Jim O'Rear would like to take against me since ultimately he will be proven a liar and a fraud should he file a suit. In this regard, I doubt that he will ever make good on these threats and will instead to continue to pull petty, chicken-shit annoyances on good folks like Lisa in his attempts to obfuscate the truth that he is a liar.
Only a very small percentage of celebrities (even your megabucks earners) can actually afford to take a case to court and see it through to the end. As a Z lister peddling DVD's of films he appeared in (or not in this case) at conventions, I seriously doubt he'll be calling his lawyers or even afford a lawyer in the first place. Plus, it would open up the entire farce to the scrutiny of professionals who WILL ask him to provide evidence.

Thanks for the assist Yojimbo! I wish the world had more people like you and Zero, and THX LEO, and Brett -- maybe it would be a better place!
Not a problem, Ryan, but I got to give all your thanks to Lee Karr (thxleo) because he deserves it all. The man put his relationship with Tom Savini on the block to get word out to the fans. It was selfless thing to do and I admire it.

DOTD85FAN
02-Jul-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah, Lee is a great guy! The guy is without a doubt the "authoritative figure" on Day of the Dead 85' . If anyone would know anything really obscure or unusual about this movie, Lee would for sure ! -- Super guy ! .... At this rate I want Lee's autograph on my Day of The Dead poster, with a caption that says, "Day of the Dead Historian" !

capncnut
02-Jul-2012, 01:12 AM
The guy is without a doubt the "authoritative figure" on Day of the Dead 85' . If anyone would know anything really obscure or unusual about this movie, Lee would for sure !
Precisely the reason why I stand behind him. Unfortunately for Mr. O'Rear, he never bargained on a walking Day of the Dead encyclopedia like Lee to pop out of the woodwork and suss out the deception. Lee has blown my mind with his knowledge. I was talking with him recently about the identity of an obscure zombie in the film and like that <snaps fingers> he knew the guy's name. His knowledge of all the other entries are equally as accurate.

And he was actually in a Dead film too. ;)

DOTD85FAN
02-Jul-2012, 01:28 AM
Someone a few months back posted this on Facebook, of course Facebook took it down right away, but nonetheless I thought it was funnier than hell ...:)

DOTD85FAN
02-Jul-2012, 02:26 AM
capncnut and Yojimbo - I have an interesting comment/question for you. What would you think of the idea of getting a custom made 8x10 that had a picture of the "attacking zombie" on it, with a caption that said, "I thought I was a Zombie in DOTD85!" - You think he would sign it for "FREE" at the next convention? or hell, I would pay for that one! LMAO!

Yojimbo
02-Jul-2012, 03:30 AM
Yes, I agree with Brett, if anyone should be thanked it should be thxleo aka: Lee Karr. In this entire skirmish, he is the only one to lose skin over this issue and therefore is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Here is a little something I posted on FB for which I totally expect a ban for speaking the truth, which I consider a worthy sacrifice since the truth will hurt JIM O'REAR a lot more than a few days of a ban will hurt me. Bring it on you liar! The truth will prevail and you no longer will be able to hide and continue your fraud without someone like me calling you out:

There has been ongoing attempts by a certain person who has falsely represented himself as having appeared in Day of the Dead as a stuntman and a zombie to silence anyone who disputes his claims. A good friend of mine here has recently been... banned for several days for mentioning this person by name after he ruined one of her collectible posters with his signature. This is in keeping with his tactic to utilize the auto banning features here at FB by filing complaints about anyone who questions him since FB will auto-ban anyone upon receipt of a complaint - apparently without any review or recourse. He also threatens moderators of pages with legal action whenever anyone posts the truth about his activities. Any one who is aware of this controversy will know who I am referring to, but for those fans who are unaware, please visit the thread at Homepage of the Dead for further information.

And if he chooses to sue me, I hope he gets my name right! Steven K. Suehiro, of Los Angeles, CA. I will not be silenced by threats of legal action.

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Dead-DiscussionSee More

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Dead-Discuss%E2%80%8Bion
forum.homepageofthedead.com (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Dead-Discuss%E2%80%8Bion)
(http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Dead-Discuss%E2%80%8Bion)

(http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/forumdisplay.php?4-Dead-Discuss%E2%80%8Bion)

DOTD85FAN
02-Jul-2012, 03:57 AM
Interesting! Read This! The Day of the Dead part. I could be wrong, but I believe a stuntman would actually be credited somewhere in the film??? Only Taso in DOTD85' is credited with stunts ......

http://www.obscurehorror.com/jimorearinterview.html

"Zombie Stunts" -- I would love to hear personally with my own ears what Taso's reaction to this is ......

thxleo
02-Jul-2012, 04:56 AM
Precisely the reason why I stand behind him. Unfortunately for Mr. O'Rear, he never bargained on a walking Day of the Dead encyclopedia like Lee to pop out of the woodwork and suss out the deception. Lee has blown my mind with his knowledge. I was talking with him recently about the identity of an obscure zombie in the film and like that <snaps fingers> he knew the guy's name. His knowledge of all the other entries are equally as accurate.

And he was actually in a Dead film too. ;)

Thanks for your support, Brett. :)

-- -------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Yeah, Lee is a great guy! The guy is without a doubt the "authoritative figure" on Day of the Dead 85' . If anyone would know anything really obscure or unusual about this movie, Lee would for sure ! -- Super guy ! .... At this rate I want Lee's autograph on my Day of The Dead poster, with a caption that says, "Day of the Dead Historian" !

Trust me, you don't want my autograph. LOL Thanks for the kind words, Ryan!

-- -------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Yes, I agree with Brett, if anyone should be thanked it should be thxleo aka: Lee Karr. In this entire skirmish, he is the only one to lose skin over this issue and therefore is a hero as far as I am concerned.

Thanks, Steve.

capncnut
02-Jul-2012, 10:42 AM
And if he chooses to sue me, I hope he gets my name right! Steven K. Suehiro, of Los Angeles, CA. I will not be silenced by threats of legal action.
Steve the sue hiro (hero, geddit?). Ah, my jokes are alway shit. But I personally think there's more chance of someone suing O'Rear first...

Thanks for your support, Brett. :)
No thanks required. I've had your back on this matter since day one. You have done a lot for me in recent years and that will not be forgotten. Steve, myself, and more importantly, Zero-Day will not be jumping ship on this. You're stuck with us, brother.

babomb
02-Jul-2012, 12:55 PM
This whole thing is entertaining as hell!!! I've been reading the thread at FDTC and this one for a couple hours now. I REALLY want to see what Savini said in his meltdown over the subject, but none of it remains on facebook. How can I obtain this information? Anyone have copies of it they can send me?

Eyebiter
02-Jul-2012, 01:50 PM
Isn't the first time an imposter has claimed to be in a George Romero movie, won't be the last. Recall a few years back the controversy was the guy who told everyone he was the Hari Krisha zombie from Dawn of the Dead (1978).

capncnut
02-Jul-2012, 01:54 PM
I REALLY want to see what Savini said in his meltdown over the subject, but none of it remains on facebook. How can I obtain this information? Anyone have copies of it they can send me?
I used to have a copy but have since deleted it from my laptop, both screen grab and text document. I deleted it because it is an ugly reminder of how legends are not legendary and are prone to f*cking up worse than the average drunken bum. It was littered with expletives, spelling mistakes, and some highly flaky threats. If you check out the East Coast Horror Group's interview with Lori Cardille, she explains the whole thing in some detail.

Someone a few months back posted this on Facebook, of course Facebook took it down right away, but nonetheless I thought it was funnier than hell ...:)
I'll raise you this random beauty from the internet. ;)

Mike70
02-Jul-2012, 04:08 PM
after reading this entire thread through I feel as if I have just followed the entire plot line of a soap opera akin to the "Luke and Laura" saga on "general hospital" in the early 80's.

maybe this guy just has a complex because he's had to go through life with the name O'Rear, that cannot have been easy. from reading through this thread, i wonder if that is a name or a job description...

Danny
02-Jul-2012, 05:09 PM
after reading this entire thread through I feel as if I have just followed the entire plot line of a soap opera akin to the "Luke and Laura" saga on "general hospital" in the early 80's.

Ditto, honestly if you know hes bogus just tell folks so and ignore him. Life aint worth spending getting your jimmies rustled over some goon so badly.

Then again im not part of this whole 'con mentality' so im probably seeing things from a very different point of view.

Mike70
02-Jul-2012, 05:31 PM
Then again im not part of this whole 'con mentality' so im probably seeing things from a very different point of view.

me neither. never have been, never will be. to me these folks are little more than dancing monkeys. they go in the DVD player when i'm bored and they get ejected when i'm not. hell, most times i'm actually reading something when a movie is on in the background. hmm, probably why i have to watch a movie like 7 times before i've seen it all the way through. :lol:

Neil
02-Jul-2012, 08:01 PM
This whole thing is entertaining as hell!!! I've been reading the thread at FDTC and this one for a couple hours now. I REALLY want to see what Savini said in his meltdown over the subject, but none of it remains on facebook. How can I obtain this information? Anyone have copies of it they can send me?

Well, I'm still waiting for my copies of this from certain people *COUGH* *COUGH* Before I come off the fence!

DOTD85FAN
03-Jul-2012, 01:07 AM
Guys,

I just bought this 1985 theater 1 sheet of Day of The Dead. I have never seen this poster in this mint of condition. This thing looks like you stepped into a time machine and went back to 1985 and saw a Day of the Dead poster at the theater. It has some VERY super slight yellow age on it, other than that -- no pin holes, no tape, no pen marks, no tears, no creases, and it is ROLLED! This one probably "walked out" of the factory by an employee .. I spent a small fortune on it, but what the hell, it's Day of the Dead ! --right? I got this from Cinema Masterpieces with a certificate of authenticity. Cinema Masterpieces is kind of jacked on their prices, but I have not seen anyone come close to the rarity and professionalism this place offers... Tell me what you think! Here is a pic! By the way I refuse to get any autographs on this one at all. I even made a joke to my wife that I dont even want people to breathe around it! LOL!

DOTD85FAN
03-Jul-2012, 03:04 AM
Zombie Stunts in Day of the Dead at age 14??? :p

DOTD85FAN
03-Jul-2012, 03:35 AM
This is without a doubt one of my favorite pieces of this debacle. According to some websites that list Jim O'Rear's bio, say O'Rear was born in September of 1970. Day of the Dead was being filmed in later parts of 1984, with that said O'Rear would have been 14 years old when he supposedley was in the movie?? O'Rear of course has said that his bio is wrong on the websites that list him born in 1970, and says that people can alter sites like Wikipedia and IMDB and change things around, like someone did less than 24 hours ago, after this post was made! Go figure! 36 hours ago on Wikipedia, O'Rear had a birthdate in 1970, now it mysteriously and magically lists his birth year at 1966. Wow, I wonder who could have changed that, and why ? ... Funny shit! A stuntman who is 14 years old?? :p:confused:

babomb
04-Jul-2012, 10:36 AM
I used to have a copy but have since deleted it from my laptop, both screen grab and text document. I deleted it because it is an ugly reminder of how legends are not legendary and are prone to f*cking up worse than the average drunken bum. It was littered with expletives, spelling mistakes, and some highly flaky threats. If you check out the East Coast Horror Group's interview with Lori Cardille, she explains the whole thing in some detail.

I'll raise you this random beauty from the internet. ;) Well that sux!! I listened to the Lori Cardille interview, so i understand the premise of what was said. I just want to read EXACTLY what he said and judge for myself. As it stands, I don't have an appreciation for just how far he took it. It just sounds like he insulted some folks, cussed alot and made some threats. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Everyone goes off once in awhile. But the way others are talking about it, it seems like it was ALOT worse than that. But without knowing what he said it's hard to really fault the guy for just cussing and making threats. Like Neil said, it's hard to come off the fence without knowing what was actually said..

axlish
04-Jul-2012, 01:01 PM
Well that sux!! I listened to the Lori Cardille interview, so i understand the premise of what was said. I just want to read EXACTLY what he said and judge for myself. As it stands, I don't have an appreciation for just how far he took it. It just sounds like he insulted some folks, cussed alot and made some threats. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Everyone goes off once in awhile. But the way others are talking about it, it seems like it was ALOT worse than that. But without knowing what he said it's hard to really fault the guy for just cussing and making threats. Like Neil said, it's hard to come off the fence without knowing what was actually said..

Think Mel Gibson, unbridled, with a pinch of Alec Baldwin, and you'd be close.

Neil
04-Jul-2012, 01:48 PM
This is without a doubt one of my favorite pieces of this debacle. According to some websites that list Jim O'Rear's bio, say O'Rear was born in September of 1970. Day of the Dead was being filmed in later parts of 1984, with that said O'Rear would have been 14 years old when he supposedley was in the movie?? O'Rear of course has said that his bio is wrong on the websites that list him born in 1970, and says that people can alter sites like Wikipedia and IMDB and change things around, like someone did less than 24 hours ago, after this post was made! Go figure! 36 hours ago on Wikipedia, O'Rear had a birthdate in 1970, now it mysteriously and magically lists his birth year at 1966. Wow, I wonder who could have changed that, and why ? ... Funny shit! A stuntman who is 14 years old?? :p:confused:

Yep, the Wiki entry changed yesterday! Look at the entry change 13:33->13:35, 3 July 2012 by 137.200.1.106 and his DOB changes:-

'''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1970 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].
+
'''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1966 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].

That IP address resolves to Baltimore, Maryland... Anyone we know live there?

babomb
04-Jul-2012, 03:54 PM
1 thing that surprises me is that people have to pay for signatures!? WTF??? $20 for an autograph? That's crazy...

DOTD85FAN
04-Jul-2012, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=Neil;286266]Yep, the Wiki entry changed yesterday! Look at the entry change 13:33->13:35, 3 July 2012 by 137.200.1.106 and his DOB changes:-

'''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1970 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].
+
'''Jim O'Rear''' (born 28 September 1966 [[Cordova, Alabama]]) is an [[United States|American]] [[actor]], [[screenwriter]], and [[Film director|director]].

Neil,

I found this online .... here is yet another site, listing O'Rear with a 1970 birthdate ... about 1/2 down under noteworthy people named O'Rear .... I can just imagine what Jim would probably say, this site is wrong too! LOL ! I look much younger than I am !! I wouldn't be surprised if this site "magically" changed his birthyear also .... http://www.houseofnames.com/o-rear-family-crest

krisvds
04-Jul-2012, 05:22 PM
Neil,

I found this online .... here is yet another site, listing O'Rear with a 1970 birthdate ... about 1/2 down under noteworthy people named O'Rear .... I can just imagine what Jim would probably say, this site is wrong too! LOL ! I look much younger than I am !! I wouldn't be surprised if this site "magically" changed his birthyear also .... http://www.houseofnames.com/o-rear-family-crest

Lmao. This is getting funnier every day.
Though it's all kinds of sad such a nitwit has been ruining fan's memorabilia I can't help but feel the less attention this man gets the better. Spread the word amongst the loyal fanbase (that worked out alright!) and just ignore him I'd say.

DOTD85FAN
04-Jul-2012, 05:40 PM
I just looked further at O'Rears profile on the IMDB -- the IMDB says O'Rear has "uncredited stunts" in Cocoon, Summer Rental, and Invasion USA -- all of these were made in 1985! So with a birthyear of "possibly" 1970 (according to several websites) he would he have been 14 - 15 years old for all these movies too as an "uncredited stuntman" LOL Hmm... shady details -- just like Day of the Dead 85' ... One thing that is interesting about this -- Tom Savini did the FX for Invasion USA in 1985 -- I wonder why Tom did not mention for his friend Jim O'Rear,that Jim was on the set for Invasion USA ??? This would not have been to far apart from Day of the Dead as far as time ... Strange goes to weird in this story ! And of course we hear no further explanations from the source itself ... We are just peon fans who can have their shit runied by sharpie markers, from potentially signatures that don't mean anything ....

zombiebub
04-Jul-2012, 06:06 PM
Let's all be nice to each other

capncnut
04-Jul-2012, 06:12 PM
Ah, Larry. Nice to see you here, brother.

It is unfortunate but if the man had any sense, he'd take it in the ass and pray for it to die down. But no, he remains defiant, which in turn makes people like Steve defiant. @ Zero-Day: I'm in contact with Neil at present, along with three moderators of HPotD, would you like me to inquire?
This comment just got me two automated infractions at Facebook. Funny, I never knew swearing was a crime. My comment about Neil was my reply to Jim Cirronella (Dubious Comforts) in regards to him asking about HPotD's questionable lawsuit threat by O'Rear.

Now, I am not worried because whenever O'Rear has tried to silence me at Facebook, I am always savvy enough to contact an admin there personally, which I have done so already and no, I'm not in any direct violation yet again. But reporting such a lightweight comment has indicated that O'Rear is now starting a personal war with me, which is the last f*cking thing he needs in his life. I'll admit I've cheered from the sidelines and let the heavyweights get their hands dirty with outing him. Now they have one more to their ranks... ;)

zombiebub
04-Jul-2012, 06:23 PM
I love this page for the realness.

Neil
04-Jul-2012, 07:06 PM
Have we got a copy of the post by Lee that actually initiated all this? ie: State supposedly what Tom had told him in confidence?

ps: I've gone through those two posts and tidied them up (& bolded where applicable)

Yojimbo
04-Jul-2012, 07:30 PM
Have we got a copy of the post by Lee that actually initiated all this? ie: State supposedly what Tom had told him in confidence?

ps: I've gone through those two posts and tidied them up (& bolded where applicable)

Here is the link to the screenshot Lee had posted: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/582160_3872175813896_1563671083_33191069_204805648 9_n.jpg

And the page on which it appeared: http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3301&start=120

It was later revealed that O'Rear had multiple screenames on the site and was called out by a mod for posting under these screenames thereby giving the impression that there were more people arguing for his side than there actually were. Of course O'Rear and his multiple personalities dismissed Lee's pic.

capncnut
04-Jul-2012, 08:00 PM
And as plenty as good ol' Lar posted, it is still incomplete because one or two of my harsh replies are not there for starters, among others. But do you notice one person who isn't in there defending himself? That's right. Jim O'Scaredy Cat. Doesn't do it by name or face because he has so much to lose. Invents screen names at forums and does it anonymously while pretending to be someone else, or reports your Facebook like a little sissy. Kind of like reporting to the headmaster, "Wah, he's picking on me!"

But yeah, you can see how bad it got. And it will get a whole lot worse for O'Rear when Zero-Day's evidence drops soon. It is a shame O'Rear decided to get Savini involved because the man doesn't exactly have the best reputation outside of his career and I feel by cry-babying to him, he may have done some lasting damage.

Monrozombi
04-Jul-2012, 08:04 PM
just for the record I am not Jim O'Rear, nor have I ever been Jim O'Rear...:)

capncnut
04-Jul-2012, 08:43 PM
^ Matt O'Beer. ;)

Sammich
04-Jul-2012, 10:02 PM
Here is a link to a bio page from the high school in Achorage, Alaska that he said he graduated from:

Dimond High School (http://www.classreport.org/main/selectprofilemain.asp?item=251590&dname=/usa/ak/anchorage/dhs/&clid=14586&cl=1985&hs=DHS&clr1=maroon&clr2=goldenrod&clr3=lightgrey&stcnt=417)

DHS Class Directory 1985 (http://www.classreport.org/main/classdirectory.asp?dname=/usa/ak/anchorage/dhs/&clid=14586&cl=1985&hs=DHS&clr1=maroon&clr2=goldenrod&clr3=lightgrey&stcnt=417&ch=O&f=a)

This might put to rest his date of birth claims, but not the other issue.

Monrozombi
04-Jul-2012, 10:18 PM
^ Matt O'Beer. ;)

Well I was three when DayOTD was filmed, I may have been in it, I should check the footage.

DOTD85FAN
04-Jul-2012, 11:40 PM
Here is a link to a bio page from the high school in Achorage, Alaska that he said he graduated from:

Dimond High School (http://www.classreport.org/main/selectprofilemain.asp?item=251590&dname=/usa/ak/anchorage/dhs/&clid=14586&cl=1985&hs=DHS&clr1=maroon&clr2=goldenrod&clr3=lightgrey&stcnt=417)

DHS Class Directory 1985 (http://www.classreport.org/main/classdirectory.asp?dname=/usa/ak/anchorage/dhs/&clid=14586&cl=1985&hs=DHS&clr1=maroon&clr2=goldenrod&clr3=lightgrey&stcnt=417&ch=O&f=a)

This might put to rest his date of birth claims, but not the other issue.

Great Find! If Jim graduated in ALASKA in 1985, he would have been either 17 or 18??? ... Day of the Dead was shot in later parts of 1984 in Florida and Pittsburgh .... Jim has claimed to be a zombie in Florida .... Jim, you were a "zombie" and did "stunts" in 1984 for Day of the Dead in "Florida", and then graduated high school in "Alaska" in 1985????? Wow, that truly is "magic" LOL I wonder if David Copperfield could pull that off ... LOL

Sammich
05-Jul-2012, 12:04 AM
Great Find! If Jim graduated in ALASKA in 1985, he would have been either 17 or 18??? ... Day of the Dead was shot in later parts of 1984 in Florida and Pittsburgh .... Jim has claimed to be a zombie in Florida .... Jim, you were a "zombie" and did "stunts" in 1984 for Day of the Dead in "Florida", and then graduated high school in "Alaska" in 1985????? Wow, that truly is "magic" LOL I wonder if David Copperfield could pull that off ... LOL

Here is an excerpt from an interview he did in September of 2011. It is being posted under Fair Use for commentary, research, criticism, etc.

Interview With Actor Jim O’rear (http://www.horrorphilia.com/2011/09/08/interview-with-actor-jim-orear/)

JOR -I, actually, didn’t spend too much of my youth in the south. My dad was in the military, so we moved around. I was born in Alabama, started kindergarten in Tennessee, and by second grade was in Alaska. I lived in Anchorage, Alaska, until I graduated high school and then moved to Florida.

It doesn't look like this autograph thing was done maliciously and the guy does have an impressive resume so it is unlikely it would ruin his career. Why he just doesn't come clean and settle the issue once and for all is puzzling.

Yojimbo
05-Jul-2012, 01:21 AM
It doesn't look like this autograph thing was done maliciously and the guy does have an impressive resume so it is unlikely it would ruin his career. Why he just doesn't come clean and settle the issue once and for all is puzzling.

That's the thing - I don't beleive that this was meant to be malicious, but was simply some dude padding out his resume when he was first getting started up figuring no one would call him out on it. Understandable - in fact many people do the same thing on their resumes - Tarantino lied about being one of the bikers in DAWN.

But lies can sometimes take on a life of their own and he told this one over and over so many times and allowed it to become a marketable part of his persona which allowed him access to more fans to visit his vendor tables. And now that such a big deal has been made of it with him denying the lie all along and his friends and followers trusting his word and backing him up, he has proverbially painted himself into a corner. Now he cannot admit the lie without losing major face - this much must be abundantly clear to himself.

So his threats of legal action, misuse of FB autoban functions and name calling reek of desperation and are really serving no purpose now except to make his situation even worse and cause those who he is attacking to push back even harder.

If he did admit he was wrong, it might make some of his friends view him in a different light but it certainly wouldn't hurt his career, therefore his reluctance to come clean now is all about his ego.

capncnut
05-Jul-2012, 01:26 AM
All anyone has ever asked him for is proof but all we have been met with is insolence and "go figure it out for yourself". So we did the math and it has been concluded that he simply has to be lying. He goes around telling people he was on the elevator during Miguel's death but signs as 'Florida Zombie'? Highly suspect. No-one has any recollection of him being on set too and a few of the stars have called bullshit on it. Why does he not have his buck, 'Dead Walk' newspaper or even a screen grab to prove conclusively that he was in it? Because he wasn't. And if he wasn't in Day of the Dead, then how many other entries on that impressive resume are also lies? That could destroy his career quite easily and the longer he drags it out, that's where things will ultimately head.

But let's be completely moronic and assume he was in the film but merely had no screen time, then why the f*ck is he signing stuff as actor and stuntman? It stinks worse than my arse after a Chicken Chilli Massala.

Sammich
05-Jul-2012, 02:43 AM
And if he wasn't in Day of the Dead, then how many other entries on that impressive resume are also lies? That could destroy his career quite easily and the longer he drags it out, that's where things will ultimately head.

That is a good point. It would be interesting to find if anything else might be of questionable origin.

In addition to DotD he is also listed as stunts- uncredited in these 1985 movies:

Invasion U.S.A. - released September 27, 1985
Summer Rental - released August 9, 1985
Cocoon -released June 21, 1985

I am not familiar with the shooting schedule, editing and post production of films, but it would appear that given most high school graduations take place at the end of June, that he would still have been in Anchorage after Invastion U.S.A. and Cocoon were already long completed.

babomb
05-Jul-2012, 05:12 AM
Jim O'Rear is a f*cking idiot. So is Tom Savini. I've read about what an asshole Savini is at shows for years now. Long before I ever heard of this controversy. I never thought his makeup FX were all that great anyway. The only reason he has such a following is because of the following that GAR's films ALREADY had. He doesn't even come near the quality of Rick Baker's work. Just compare the work Savini did on any film he worked on to the work of Rick Baker in the Thriller video. Not even close!

I don't go to shows or collect memorabilia, I don't know any of these people at all besides those who post on this forum and that's the extent of how well I know even them.
But judging from what I've read here and on the FB group, Savini blew the whole thing WAY out of proportion, and O'rear, well, what a f*cking joke that idiot is! But Lee Karr, it's glaringly obvious that he did what he did for good reasons, honorable reasons. He also never displayed the type of ego maniacal childish behavior that Savini did. I read the thread at FDTC and I know that him posting what Savini told him about O'Rear wasn't a decision that came easy to him. It came at great expense to him with Savini acting like a complete f*cking headcase and making personal attacks.
Where was Savinis head when he made the decision to vouch for O'Rear in the 1st place? It's obvious that Savini knew he f*cked up, so instead of admitting it he tries to turn the whole thing around and make it about him being the victim of Lee Karr's quest to be everyones hero. BS!!
Savini makes petty ass threats like "they'll have to hold me back from teaching you a lesson about friendship". Ha! If it were me, I'd be at the next convention, right up in Savinis face with someone filming from a distance. I'd totally let him beat my ass, then sit back and laugh as his money becomes mine.
Savini deleted all his posts from FB. Ya know he didn't do that because he felt bad about what he said. He most likely did it because he got an email from someone on his PR team with something in the subject line like "Ya know you done f*cked up don't ya". Just like his reasoning for lying on behalf of of the D-bag himself O"Rear. Why would that happen? For the same reason he'd make a comment like "Im doing a Tarantino film with Decaprio, what have you done", because Savini is a wannabe celebrity. He took O"Rears side over the fans because he thinks fans are peons and O"Rear has a resume that includes film credits.
You think something like this would EVER happen with guys like Nicotero or Rick Baker? Hell no! They know what their talents are and they stick to them and refine them. Unlike Savini who has delusions of grandeur about being this great actor. His acting sucks! Only reason he gets bit parts like he does is cuz of his past affiliations.
I think it's obvious where we as fans stand with Mr. Sex-Machine Savini, or should I say "Straighttodvdini". F*ck him!!!!

-- -------- Post added 05-Jul-2012 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-Jul-2012 at 11:51 PM ----------

On a side note: El Debarge chimed in on that discussion!? Seriously? The 80's pop/R&B singer El Debarge, as in "Who is jonny"? That's something I did not expect! F'in hilarious is what that is!!!

clanglee
05-Jul-2012, 08:45 AM
my favorite part of the Savini rant

MENTIALY I'LL JAGOFF LIKE YOU

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/chromiumcomics/George_Takei-oh-my.jpg

-- -------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Serioulsly though, that shit got wild!! How in the world could Savini go off like that?!? That's insane! I can see why he is angry and all, but all that bile and viscera can't be a good publicity move on his part.

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 09:13 AM
just for the record I am not Jim O'Rear, nor have I ever been Jim O'Rear...:)

I'm Matt Daemon!

capncnut
05-Jul-2012, 10:22 AM
Jim O'Rear is a f*cking idiot.
Pretty much the sentiments of everyone in the Dead community. A sentiment that is spreading each day.

Savini makes petty ass threats like "they'll have to hold me back from teaching you a lesson about friendship". Ha! If it were me, I'd be at the next convention, right up in Savinis face with someone filming from a distance. I'd totally let him beat my ass, then sit back and laugh as his money becomes mine.
That was the first thing I thought...

Why would that happen? For the same reason he'd make a comment like "Im doing a Tarantino film with Decaprio, what have you done", because Savini is a wannabe celebrity. He took O"Rears side over the fans because he thinks fans are peons and O"Rear has a resume that includes film credits.
This is one comment that really got up my nose. Savini also made a comment about Lee Karr only being interested in his sexual conquests and then went on to make up a scenario where Lee supposedly pushed him to admit if he had sex with Lori Cardille. I believe that was done 100% to try and break Lee and Lori's friendship, while also attempting to destroy Lee's career and reputation. I made a particularly harsh reply but it was not seen by many people because Savini just keeps removing everything. The man is a clusterf*ck.

For the record, I love his FX work and still respect him as an artist but... ugh. Let's just say I have his signature on a few things and that's as far as it goes. On a personal level, he reported one of my comments (which was respectful), criticised a friend of mine for his spelling mistakes and basically took a giant shit on fans by supporting someone who is illegally defacing people's property. Why would anyone want to shake hands with 'that'?

"Straighttodvdini".
Cuscianna had some balls to stand up to him. He's the kind of guy I'd pick first to go on my team in a schoolyard football match, lol.

But as eye-opening and entertaining all of this may seem, let's not forget the joker responsible for everything here: Jim O'Rear. He is still pimping Day of the Dead and attending conventions on the back of a film he never appeared in.

In addition to DotD he is also listed as stunts- uncredited in these 1985 movies:

Invasion U.S.A. - released September 27, 1985
Summer Rental - released August 9, 1985
Cocoon -released June 21, 1985

I am not familiar with the shooting schedule, editing and post production of films, but it would appear that given most high school graduations take place at the end of June, that he would still have been in Anchorage after Invastion U.S.A. and Cocoon were already long completed.
And I wonder if he has any evidence for appearing in these movies too...

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 10:32 AM
"Im doing a Tarantino film with Decaprio, what have you done"Where/when did he make a comment like that?

capncnut
05-Jul-2012, 10:48 AM
Here you go:

Tom Savini: Hey Cuscianna........Kissamyassa. I'm doing a Quentin Tarantino movie right now with Leonardo DiCaprio. What are you doing?

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 11:07 AM
Here you go:

Ahh! I see it now! Overlooked that!

rgc2005
05-Jul-2012, 11:19 AM
Jim O'rear,
THIS TUESDAY (July 10) on DEAD SERIOUS RADIO join myself, Daniel Emery Taylor, and Tommy Golden as we sit with SyFy's Ghost Hunters International's Scott Tepperman to discuss horror films, the paranormal, and our upcoming film The Hospital! 8pm central / 9pm eastern.
www.blogtalkradio.com/deadseriousradio

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 11:41 AM
^^ Sorry, how does that involve O'Rear? I know O'Rear is involved with that film, but apart from that?

EDIT: Oh! I see, it was a post on his facebook page.

babomb
05-Jul-2012, 12:12 PM
I just got chastised by facebook for a comment about O'Rear. I called him "O'take it in the rear for his career" and suddenly I was logged out of facebook and when I logged back in there was a message saying the comment was removed cuz it violates FB's TOS.
What a sniveling little bitch that guy is! He sits and monitors that facebook group all the time it seems, waiting for a comment about him and then hits the report link. How pathetic is that?
You know he's probly got an account here and is reading this, maybe even reading it right now. What a pathetic little diaper baby. It's over for him now. He dragged Savini into his lie, so ya know Savini is majorly annoyed with him even though he directed his anger at Lee. He knows this is all O'Rears fault. I'm sure he won't be working with Savini again soon, and won't be working with anyone who knows about this fiasco.

krisvds
05-Jul-2012, 12:52 PM
my favorite part of the Savini rant

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f63/chromiumcomics/George_Takei-oh-my.jpg

-- -------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Serioulsly though, that shit got wild!! How in the world could Savini go off like that?!? That's insane! I can see why he is angry and all, but all that bile and viscera can't be a good publicity move on his part.

My favourite is this: you can call a human sphincter mouth extruding jealous excrement from a brain dead mind a Cusciannaism

wow!

Coming from someone who seriously loves Day Of The Dead all i can say is I can understand people being truelly upset when some douchebag who wasn't even in the film signs their precious memorabilia rendering it worthless in the process.

On the other hand, when you tell someone something in confidence, only to see it posted on the internet shortly afterwards ... That kinda justifies being mad now doesn't it. (The way he worded his rage, now that IS something else.)

Still, I can't help but think there were better ways to go about exposing this fraud than by posting confidential emails and such. Even without that Savini email the evidence that 'he who must not be named' is a lying cheat is pretty overwhelming.

Mind you, this comes from a Romer-fan who never attends conventions and would not dream of paying good money for an autograph. I tend to just buy the dvd's/Blu rays and enjoy the films you know?

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 01:18 PM
Still, I can't help but think there were better ways to go about exposing this fraud than by posting confidential emails and such. Even without that Savini email the evidence that 'he who must not be named' is a lying cheat is pretty overwhelming.
You'd think so, but:-
a) Savini saying he vouched for Mr O'Rear being onset in Day of the Dead is a bit of a serious dent to the argument he wasn't :)
b) If the argument continued, the only outcome would be Savini was mistaken or lied. I guess Lee helped us cut to the chase!

krisvds
05-Jul-2012, 02:03 PM
You'd think so, but:-
a) Savini saying he vouched for Mr O'Rear being onset in Day of the Dead is a bit of a serious dent to the argument he wasn't :)

Not really, considering all the other evidence. The debate would have inevitably led to ...

b) If the argument continued, the only outcome would be Savini was mistaken or lied. I guess Lee helped us cut to the chase!
Which is exactly the point i was trying to make. Truth will out.
Truth be told I can understand why mr. Karr did what he did, but given the circumstances it wasn't really necessary ...

I do however feel sorry for Savini for mouthing of the way he did and showing the rest of the fanbase what a childish way of expressing himself he uses when he is upset. Totally uncalled for and very, very immature.
Pretty disgusting if that is how you talk in public.

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 02:06 PM
^^ I suspect Lee was very emotionally attached to the matter, so did what he did due to that.

Not really, considering all the other evidence.
Maybe... But one of the key figures of Day saying, "yes, Mr O'Rear was there," is a huge finger pointing in the opposite direction many people expected. For many they'd assume if Mr Savini say's he was there, he was there...

zombiebub
05-Jul-2012, 02:57 PM
All we need is love

capncnut
05-Jul-2012, 02:57 PM
It was wholly necessary for Lee to do what he did otherwise no one would be any wiser to O'Rear's deception. When Savini said "Hey, what's all the fuss about? I remember Jim when I made him up on Day..." you should've seen the smug arrogant way O'Rear championed himself. "LOOK! SAVINI SAID IT HIMSELF. I EXPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE FEELING VERY STUPID!!!"

Really now? The only people who are stupid are the one's hitting the report button on behalf of this buffoon.

Back to Lee: I mean it's his job to report this shit, so Savini telling him "Look, keep this a secret but..." is no different than saying the same thing to a newspaper journalist. He only has himself to blame for it.

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 03:22 PM
A little thing I noticed. If you look at this youtube page, look who uploaded it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scn_pTKqO40

Now look who has given a good number of O'Rear's items on Amazon a +ve writeup - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tennessee-Ghosts-Jim-ORear/dp/0764331183/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341500863&sr=8-4

Seemed odd to me...

capncnut
05-Jul-2012, 03:41 PM
A little thing I noticed. If you look at this youtube page, look who uploaded it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scn_pTKqO40

Now look who has given a good number of O'Rear's items on Amazon a +ve writeup - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tennessee-Ghosts-Jim-ORear/dp/0764331183/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1341500863&sr=8-4

Seemed odd to me...
If I may quote you, Neil: "OH DEAR!" ;)

Neil
05-Jul-2012, 03:53 PM
...you should've seen the smug arrogant way O'Rear championed himself. "LOOK! SAVINI SAID IT HIMSELF. I EXPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE FEELING VERY STUPID!!!"
Did he? Did he post back on the back of Savini's affirmation?

krisvds
05-Jul-2012, 04:15 PM
It was wholly necessary for Lee to do what he did otherwise no one would be any wiser to O'Rear's deception. When Savini said "Hey, what's all the fuss about? I remember Jim when I made him up on Day..." you should've seen the smug arrogant way O'Rear championed himself. "LOOK! SAVINI SAID IT HIMSELF. I EXPECT A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE FEELING VERY STUPID!!!"

Really now? The only people who are stupid are the one's hitting the report button on behalf of this buffoon.

Back to Lee: I mean it's his job to report this shit, so Savini telling him "Look, keep this a secret but..." is no different than saying the same thing to a newspaper journalist. He only has himself to blame for it.

That's a good point you raise there. There is no doubt mr. Karr did what he did because he is very emotionally involved and honestly cares about the rest of the fanbase. No debate there! Also; this buffoon as you call him is such an obvious fraud/hack that (and I'm speaking for myself here) mr. Savini's backing him up really doesn't stand up to all the other evidence there is. I mean him claiming to have been a stuntman in Day is akin to someone stating the sun rises in the west. No backing up from whatever authority on the matter can dissuade anyone from the bleeding obvious...

Back to your journalist comparison. I don't know any journalists in person but from what I know there is a lot of information that is being shared both on and off the record. Regardless of the 'truth' and actual 'facts' there is also a certain degree of trust between informer and reporter that has to be maintained if the journalist wishes to not blow his bridges and keep his direct line to (juicy) information intact for the future. Lee obviously made his call with the best of intentions and in the process has exposed Mr. Savini as a man with little respect for the core fanbase.
Well done.
However all I'm trying to say here is that in the process of doing so he also blew up the connections he had with Mr; Savini thus excluding him from any other details he might have unearthed had he not breached his trust. I'm still not entirely convinced the truth would not have come out without the whole incident.

Still, it al speeded things up to the point that i seriously doubt any Romero fan approaching O'Rear in the future with memorabilia to sign.
Also, Savini has shown himself as a very unpleasant human being lacking any manners whatsoever. He acts all hurt and talks about friendship and keeping things 'private' on facebook, in public. That says it all ...

capncnut
05-Jul-2012, 04:29 PM
Back to your journalist comparison. I don't know any journalists in person but from what I know there is a lot of information that is being shared both on and off the record. Regardless of the 'truth' and actual 'facts' there is also a certain degree of trust between informer and reporter that has to be maintained if the journalist wishes to not blow his bridges and keep his direct line to (juicy) information intact for the future. Lee obviously made his call with the best of intentions and in the process has exposed Mr. Savini as a man with little respect for the core fanbase.
I totally get you. I am a writer for a magazine and contribute news, reviews, articles and interviews to a couple of websites, mainly in the punk community. I have interviewed a few people now and with one or two, the conversation has gone down a "shhh, don't print this but..." path. While I am a man of my word, if a situation arose that was similar to this case and I happened to be sitting on information pertaining to a lie, or fraud, or anything of the kind... I'm afraid it's coming out and the person who told me said information knows damn well that it has the potential to come out. Whether or not it burned the bridge, there are many more fish swimming under that bridge.

babomb
05-Jul-2012, 04:36 PM
O'Rear is getting on my last nerve! He's reporting every post I make in the chop shop, even posts that aren't about him.
What a little pussy ass bitch!

capncnut
05-Jul-2012, 05:06 PM
He's reporting every post I make in the chop shop, even posts that aren't about him.
Don't worry. It is an easily exploitable report system. If your comment disappears after you are logged out then you broke FB rules. If your comment still stands, it is not against FB rules and the person doing the reporting can land themselves in trouble. He's probably roped his partner into co-reporting everyone who even breathes about him. The solution is simple - post it here. Have you typed 'Jim O'Rear Day of the Dead' into Google search? Both FDTC and HPotD forums are second and third in the search and with more activity here, HPotD will be top of the list in no time.

babomb
05-Jul-2012, 05:41 PM
Don't worry. It is an easily exploitable report system. If your comment disappears after you are logged out then you broke FB rules. If your comment still stands, it is not against FB rules and the person doing the reporting can land themselves in trouble. He's probably roped his partner into co-reporting everyone who even breathes about him. The solution is simple - post it here. Have you typed 'Jim O'Rear Day of the Dead' into Google search? Both FDTC and HPotD forums are second and third in the search and with more activity here, HPotD will be top of the list in no time. That must be what keeps happening then. He reported me and it logged me out, then a few mins later he must've done it again on the same post because it wasn't removed so it logged me out again. I've blocked him so he can't see my posts, but I think he has someone else doing it for him now. It's strange how a person can incite such hatred from people that don't even know him.
That sickens me to see Savini trying to make it sound like Lee is only interested in his sexual conquests. What a f*ckin jerk off.

DOTD85FAN
05-Jul-2012, 11:55 PM
Wouldn't this make a great glossy 8x10 ?!

babomb
06-Jul-2012, 01:37 AM
I'd love to see a parody of him. In my mind I see it as a freaky ass talk show, where his personality is a combination between Pee-Wee Herman in pee-wees playhouse, Dennis Hopper from Blue Velvet, and the buffalo bill dude from silence of the lambs. He hosts the show from his moms basement wearing the Prince tux from Purple Rain. All his guests are blow up dolls with facial print outs of Tom Savini, Romero, Capt. Rhodes and Sting. He re-enacts scenes from Day with the guests where he continuously blows his stack over the lack of talent, and screams about how he did stunts in 3 episodes of Who's The Boss and played a homeless kid in an episode of Silver Spoons.

DOTD85FAN
06-Jul-2012, 01:40 AM
I'd love to see a parody of him. In my mind I see it as a freaky ass talk show, where his personality is a combination between Pee-Wee Herman in pee-wees playhouse, Dennis Hopper from Blue Velvet, and the buffalo bill dude from silence of the lambs. He hosts the show from his moms basement wearing the Prince tux from Purple Rain. All his guests are blow up dolls with facial print outs of Tom Savini, Romero, Capt. Rhodes and Sting. He re-enacts scenes from Day with the guests where he continuously blows his stack over the lack of talent, and screams about how he did stunts in 3 episodes of Who's The Boss and played a homeless kid in an episode of Silver Spoons.

babomb - LMAO! I almost pissed my pants laughing at your post! -Very Funny! -You should do stand up on the side! -Great post!

Mike70
06-Jul-2012, 01:47 AM
Lee Karr
1:22pm Jun 10
Oh my god, this is so stupid. I NEVER asked Tom Savini if he had sex with Lori Cardille. This is an outright, total lie on Tom's part. Period. It's a good thing I keep all of my interviews on tape, so that I can PROVE that this is a lie. I DID ask Tom that question regarding another female who worked on the film because I was told by two different people - who worked on the film - that there was something between Tom and this other female. But it was DEFINITELY not Lori Cardille. I've kept my mouth shut about Tom through all of this, but I can now see why Tom got his moniker of "Sleaze". This is a joke. Tom Savini, you should be ashamed of yourself.

wow, as The Zombie Turns is quite a saga.

Lee and i had have had our differences on here over the years (all over politics and pointless shit like that) but Lee has always been a straight up dude who speaks his mind and acts with professional integrity in everything i've ever read by him. i find it hard to believe that he'd be going in after "sleaze", esp. knowing how much he loves these movies and the work that went into them. so, after reading all of this once again, i feel like the only person telling the truth in all this is Lee. maybe i'm biased because he's one of the crew but sometimes you have to close ranks with folks. I really, really hope that this shit storm doesn't harm Lee's career or his ability to get interviews with folks.

thxleo
06-Jul-2012, 05:06 AM
wow, as The Zombie Turns is quite a saga.

Lee and i had have had our differences on here over the years (all over politics and pointless shit like that) but Lee has always been a straight up dude who speaks his mind and acts with professional integrity in everything i've ever read by him. i find it hard to believe that he'd be going in after "sleaze", esp. knowing how much he loves these movies and the work that went into them. so, after reading all of this once again, i feel like the only person telling the truth in all this is Lee. maybe i'm biased because he's one of the crew but sometimes you have to close ranks with folks. I really, really hope that this shit storm doesn't harm Lee's career or his ability to get interviews with folks.

Thanks, Mike. I asked Tom a question about another female involved with the production towards the end of my interview with him. I told him before I asked the question that if he didn't want to answer I certainly understood. I informed him that I was told by others from the film that he slept with this female and was this true or not? I definitely didn't ask it the way he said I did with the "Come, on Tom...are you just saying that to protect her....come on you can tell me?" That's a total fabrication on Tom's part. Tom enjoyed talking about the subject so much that he asked me if I had heard any other stories about him fooling around with other women! That's the truth.

babomb
06-Jul-2012, 06:15 AM
We might even be looking at it all wrong. He could be totally batshit crazy and actually believe he WAS in the movie.:confused: Maybe he sits up all night rewatching Day looking for himself. And he's convinced that it's only a matter of time until he finds himself in there and can make everyone eat their words.:dead:

Neil
06-Jul-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks, Mike. I asked Tom a question about another female involved with the production towards the end of my interview with him.

Lee, the term "friend" is being used quite a bit in reference to you and Savini. Apart from emails, what personal contact have you had with him? ie: You mention an interview? Anything else? I'm trying to gauge how much meat there is on the bones of this friendship Savini keeps complaining was betrayed?

capncnut
06-Jul-2012, 11:06 AM
I really, really hope that this shit storm doesn't harm Lee's career or his ability to get interviews with folks.
And that's the thing, isn't it? You would think the majority of fans would side with the big fish but no, everyone knows O'Rear is full of shit and the claims of fraud have been whispered around conventions for about two years before this blew up. For Savini to side with O'Rear must have been a slap to Lee's face after all the work he has done in trying to expose a liar and protect a film that Savini still earns money on to this day. I am amazed Lee has kept his cool throughout all this.

Lee, the term "friend" is being used quite a bit in reference to you and Savini. Apart from emails, what personal contact have you had with him? ie: You mention an interview? Anything else? I'm trying to gauge how much meat there is on the bones of this friendship Savini keeps complaining was betrayed?
I won't put words in Lee's mouth but I do have knowledge of things like this. When you interview stars and hit it off, it can definitely feel like a friendship. You hang out now and again, contact each other whenever something comes up, and they pull strings for you at events. It is a friendly situation, no doubt, but it is not true friendship.

A true friend would know your surname correctly. A true friend wouldn't lie about something that you work very hard for. A true friend would side with you and not a known liar. A true friend would not threaten to smack you out over something so ridiculous. A true friend would not be mean to you if you have just gone through a bout of cancer. A true friend would be at your bedside when you are suffering from said illness. A true friend would invite you over to their house for a BBQ as a friend and not just when they have something they need promoting. I could go on forever with examples but I think you get the picture.

shootemindehead
06-Jul-2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe the definition of friend is different in the States? Or at least within that type of circle. To me a friend is somebody you would see on a very regular basis and in a social capacity.

Anything else is an aquanintance.

I was thinking the same thing as Neil expressed above.

Either way, this sorry affair is quite ridiculous, to say the least and if Tom Savini thinks it's ok to spout that type content in any forum...well, it's disapointing to see a childhood hero act in such a way. Perhaps it would have been more prudent of Lee to have checked with Savini first, before publishing said material on Facebook, but the whole carry on is being enacted at an incredibly childish level.

Is this O'Rear character really worth all the grief?

I would think not.

thxleo
06-Jul-2012, 03:03 PM

That's a good question, Neil. I think what Brett said about it was pretty accurate. I've known Tom for awhile and like most fans I met him at shows originally. But I got to know him much better when he would come into the theater I managed here in Pittsburgh. Then after working conventions with some of the Romero guests I got to know him even better. BUT, to say that we were close friends would be a lie. We were not. That's why his reaction was so absurd.

babomb
06-Jul-2012, 09:48 PM
He's just exploiting the "friend" angle for all it's worth. Acting all butt hurt about it just for the effect it will have on onlookers.
Even if the original intent behind O'Rears motives for the big lie weren't malicious(assuming it was really just about padding his resume), it's gone too far beyond that now to see it in any sort of neutral manner. At this point he's established himself as an enemy to the fan community as a whole. Not only due to the original offense of signing peoples shit and lying about his affiliation, but now he's got other people working with him on this little censorship campaign of his. I think this whole thing needs to be brought to the attention of the entire horror industry. And I think that's one of O'Rears biggest fears over this is that it's gonna call attention to his entire resume and any claims he makes.
Because I can't speak for anyone else, but if I were him and considering all that's happened already, i would have a hard time showing my face at future conventions. This dude is public enemy #1 around here. He claims to be an owner at "Allied Horror", this isn't helping to boost the reputation of a fledgling entertainment company. It might be generating publicity, but unless he can substantiate his claims in the long run his company will always have this shadow of deception attached to it. Which will have an effect on business relationships and ultimately the success of the company.

capncnut
06-Jul-2012, 10:15 PM
I feel you, Ben. This is why I've stopped my Facebook offensive... for now.

I think this whole thing needs to be brought to the attention of the entire horror industry. And I think that's one of O'Rears biggest fears over this is that it's gonna call attention to his entire resume and any claims he makes.
I personally think it should be brought to the attention of the law. What he's doing has to be illegal, surely?

Sammich
07-Jul-2012, 12:13 AM
I personally think it should be brought to the attention of the law. What he's doing has to be illegal, surely?

I am not a lawyer, but from what I learned here and there I think someone would have had to be harmed financially for it to be illegal. Unless he was taking monetary compensation through deception and didn't deliver what was agreed upon, I don't think there would be any laws broken. Signing posters for free using deception might not fall under an illegal act.

A few years ago there was an incident involving a woman named Alicia Esteve Head aka Tani Head who was the subject of a book and documentary called "The Woman Who Wasn't There". She had fabricated an elaborate story of surviving the collapse of one of the Twin Towers on 911, including a fictitious husband, education and employment history. She used all of these lies to propel herself to national notoriety becoming the representative of World Trade Center Survivors Network attending meetings with the New York City Mayors and Governor. Even after it was proven that her entire story was made up, she was never brought up on criminal or civil charges as she never benefitted financially from the ruse. What she did was ethically magnitudes worse, but still didn't appear to fit into the definition of a crime.

There has to be a lurker of the site with a law background who could post their opinion about this matter.

Mike70
07-Jul-2012, 12:59 AM
There has to be a lurker of the site with a law background who could post their opinion about this matter.

Publius is an actual lawyer. i don't know what his specialty is but he'd be the dude to ask. if this thread was about the excise tax laws on wineries, i could offer volumes of facts about that because that is life at the Alcohol, Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (shortened to TTB). what would i do without the US Treasury dept? oh yeah, i'd have to get a real job.

capncnut
07-Jul-2012, 02:09 AM
I am not a lawyer, but from what I learned here and there I think someone would have had to be harmed financially for it to be illegal. Unless he was taking monetary compensation through deception and didn't deliver what was agreed upon, I don't think there would be any laws broken. Signing posters for free using deception might not fall under an illegal act.
I believe he takes cash exchanges for his signature on Day merch but is willing to sign for free. It has also been said that he has a large Day of the Dead poster behind his table at conventions - that association surely must rake in some cash for him. In fact, I'd go as far to say that outside of this ghost hunting claptrap, Day is probably his bread and butter.

rgc2005
07-Jul-2012, 04:54 AM
I am a retired Police Officer, far from an attorney, in my state what he is doing could be listed as "Criminal Mischief" 1st thru 4th depending on the value of the property he damaged. If the owner of a valuable collectable was duped into allowing him to deface the item the owner would have the right to file criminal charges.

From what I have been able to gather in this case the "Day of the Dead" Trademark owner would have to send JoR a "Cease and Desist" then file an infringement case against him in Federal Court. Then, have the resulting court order served on him in his home state. THEN,,,,, at each and every trade show, convention, etc..... a representative of the TM owner would have to monitor and notify each event organizer when or if the individual may be in violation of the order. Then that event organizer would have to notify him that he is no longer welcome at the event and ask him to stop/leave the event. THEN,,,, the event organizer can call the local police to remove him from the premises.

It is a long and painful battle for TM owners to protect their property BUT if they don't aggressively protect their TMs courts have been known to allow those rights to slip into the public domain. That is why Disney, Apple, Coke, etc... have armies of attorneys filing and sending "Cease and Desist" notices.

Eyebiter
16-Jul-2012, 11:15 PM
Notice O'Rear changed his wikipedia page to make himself 4 years older. Too bad his real birthday Jim O'Rear (born 28 September 1970 Cordova, Alabama) is still on the net.

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2012, 01:01 AM
It has since come out (actually sleuthed by one of the folks at facebook) that Jim is listed in the rosters of an Alaskan high school at the time Day of the Dead was being filmed (along with some of his other claims to fame) which would be consistent with the original date of birth listed on Wikipedia. All quite laughable really since he claims to have also starred in several other films at about that time.

Neil
17-Jul-2012, 10:12 AM
It has since come out (actually sleuthed by one of the folks at facebook) that Jim is listed in the rosters of an Alaskan high school at the time Day of the Dead was being filmed (along with some of his other claims to fame) which would be consistent with the original date of birth listed on Wikipedia. All quite laughable really since he claims to have also starred in several other films at about that time.
If he's listed as "alumni 1985 - Jim O'Rear" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimond_High_School

Surely that confirms his DOB as 1966 and not 1970?

Mike70
17-Jul-2012, 04:42 PM
If he's listed as "alumni 1985 - Jim O'Rear" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimond_High_School

so now you guys have Neil looking up a high school in fookin' Alaska of all the god forsaken places on this planet. if this dude is only 4 years older than i am, i find it very hard for him to make an argument that he's been doing anything professionally for "over 30 years." 46-30 = 16.

his wikipedia page reads like something that he wrote himself and just reeks of "desperate to be famous". he also claims uncredited roles in Star Trek IV, Cocoon, Lethal Weapon 3, and Invasion USA.

gee, i'm supposedly in one of the background shots of "fresh horses", an 80s film that was shot about 3 doors down from where i lived. talk about the circus coming to town. anyway, i guess i should start an IMDB page.

Tricia Martin
17-Jul-2012, 04:47 PM
Holy crap I am SOOOO sick of hearing about Jim O'Rear! I understand that he is a lying piece of $hit! I understand that what he does is f*cked up. But man am I sick and tired of seeing post after post EVERYWHERE about him! This attention is just that- attention. He is getting more attention because of all the posts about him. He just needs to be set on fire so we can stop talking about him. Sorry if this pisses people off, but damn! I HAD to voice my oppinion. I DO NOT support what this man has done and continues to do- but I am sick of hearing about him. He sucks! Why can't people focus on something cooler? Ok- I fully expect people to yell at me now....

Mike70
17-Jul-2012, 04:55 PM
He just needs to be set on fire so we can stop talking about him.

you know what? i like the way you think. but can it be fire ants? that would be an even more prolonged agony.

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2012, 07:17 PM

Actually I stand corrected and you are right Neil. But if he was class of 1985 this would still mean that he was in High School and in Alaska when DAY was filmed in 1984.

-- -------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Holy crap I am SOOOO sick of hearing about Jim O'Rear! I understand that he is a lying piece of shit! I understand that what he does is fucked up. But man am I sick and tired of seeing post after post EVERYWHERE about him! This attention is just that- attention. He is getting more attention because of all the posts about him. He just needs to be set on fire so we can stop talking about him. Sorry if this pisses people off, but damn! I HAD to voice my oppinion. I DO NOT support what this man has done and continues to do- but I am sick of hearing about him. He sucks! Why can't people focus on something cooler? Ok- I fully expect people to yell at me now..... I hear you Tricia and understand - it is tiresome to be sure, but the cockaroaches flee when the light is turned on, bad men thrive when good men do nothing. There is a good reason to spread the word about Jim O'Rear in this sense, though it is admittedly getting old and annoying good folks like yourself - for that you have my apologies.

Tricia Martin
17-Jul-2012, 07:46 PM
you know what? i like the way you think. but can it be fire ants? that would be an even more prolonged agony. hahaa! Right you are, sir! We can use fire ants only if I can video it. :)

Neil
17-Jul-2012, 08:23 PM
Actually I stand corrected and you are right Neil. But if he was class of 1985 this would still mean that he was in High School and in Alaska when DAY was filmed in 1984.
To play devils advocate, at 18, he could still play a bit part over a holiday or something!?

Tricia Martin
17-Jul-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh- no need to apologize, Yojimbo. I do get it completely. I know he wasn't really in the movie, and I know he has devalued the posters of many fans with his signature...that to me is horrible! I also agree that is important to warn people not to let him sign their stuff. I just keep seeing post after post of the same people saying the same things. don't get me wrong- I really LIKE the people who are talking about him all the time. I really do! I just wish all of this would magically come to an end so that when I go check out the groups and forums i like, i don't think "Oh- they're talking about Jim O'Rear again. This thread is a lot like the one from yesterday...." ya' know? Yes- warn people about him. But talking about it in the same places, to the same people isn't getting it out there. I'm not trying to be an asshole at all. If you guys knew me, you'd know that. I am not inherently an asshole, but I WOULD be a dumbass if I wasn't honest. This is just the way I feel.

Yojimbo
17-Jul-2012, 09:07 PM
To play devils advocate, at 18, he could still play a bit part over a holiday or something!?

Oh yeah, I concede that it is possible - practically anything can be - but think that there are too many factors that make it improbable. He cannot produce any evidence of his participation, references people who were not there, cites participation in several other films at about the same time (none if which were filed in Alaska). claims that his agent got him the part in DAY( a part for which folks got paid 1 dollar) and claims he did stunts.

-- -------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Oh- no need to apologize, Yojimbo ...Yes- warn people about him. But talking about it in the same places, to the same people isn't getting it out there. I'm not trying to be an asshole at all. If you guys knew me, you'd know that. I am not inherently an asshole, but I WOULD be a dumbass if I wasn't honest. This is just the way I feel.
You are good people, Tricia, and I grok where you are coming from. For myself I am going to stand down on this issue for now. In fact we had all put it aside and moved on before, but the recent petty attacks and annoying jabs he and his cronies recently threw at the groups started the whole firefight again. But for me I will cease fire now unless fired upon again.

Mike70
17-Jul-2012, 11:42 PM

let me put the vast distances of North America in perspective. it is about 4,100 miles from Anchorage to Pittsburgh. that is about 400 miles more than the distance between NYC and London, which is about 3,700 miles by air. i truly doubt that anyone, even Phillyswat - (i'm joking with ya here philly, so roll with it), would go from Alaska to PA just to play a bit part in a romero movie at the age of 17 or 18. if i haven't lost it completely wasn't Day shot mostly in late 1984?

babomb
18-Jul-2012, 03:36 AM
Tricia, people are very annoyed with this man so they need to vent. That's why there's always talk about him. Having him trying to silence people about his frauds is what makes people want to keep talking about it. People are annoyed by him, and it seems as if the thing he hates the most is when people talk about his lies.
And it's not only that he lies, and devalues peoples property. He's also waging a censorship war with folks on the Dr. Logans chop shop group. Which means that he's personally annoying people by reporting them on facebook. And threatening people with legal action. I know that you know all of this, and I'm not trying to remind you as if you forgot. We all understand that people are sick of hearing about it. But there's a bigger picture than that.

Neil
18-Jul-2012, 09:00 AM
let me put the vast distances of North America in perspective. it is about 4,100 miles from Anchorage to Pittsburgh. that is about 400 miles LESS than the distance between NYC and London, which is about 3,700 miles by air. i truly doubt that anyone, even Phillyswat - (i'm joking with ya here philly, so roll with it), would go from Alaska to PA just to play a bit part in a romero movie at the age of 17 or 18. if i haven't lost it completely wasn't Day shot mostly in late 1984?

Fair point! The travel costs would far out weigh any earnings, easily!

Tricia Martin
18-Jul-2012, 03:37 PM
Tricia, people are very annoyed with this man so they need to vent. That's why there's always talk about him. Having him trying to silence people about his frauds is what makes people want to keep talking about it. People are annoyed by him, and it seems as if the thing he hates the most is when people talk about his lies.
And it's not only that he lies, and devalues peoples property. He's also waging a censorship war with folks on the Dr. Logans chop shop group. Which means that he's personally annoying people by reporting them on facebook. And threatening people with legal action. I know that you know all of this, and I'm not trying to remind you as if you forgot. We all understand that people are sick of hearing about it. But there's a bigger picture than that.

Ya' know- the fact that he HAS attacked people in the Chop Shop group REALLY pisses me off! Like I said before- I like a lot of the people he's hurt- and that group is FULL of people I really like a lot. To me, the fact he has...or has has had someone...delete posts is an admission of guilt. I've been trolled on more than one occasion, and i had no problems leaving their comments up. It made them look like complete idiots...so of course I left their comments. I left them up because what they were saying wasn't true and people who know me, knew that fact....I have nothing to hide. BUT if I was feeling guilty or embarrassed because their comments WERE true, I may have taken them down or reported those people. Yep- it's an admission of guilt when someone starts deleting posts and reporting people- or threatening them with legal action. It is a sign they have something to hide. Ok- I will be quiet about it now, because frankly, the thought of the dude leaves a bad taste in my brain. I truly wish the best to anyone he hurts or has hurt in one way or another. I do hope he gets what he deserves.

Yojimbo
08-Aug-2012, 07:11 PM
Not to ressurrect this thread, but I thought it should be shared that Jim O'Rear's minons are continuing to attack my friends on facebook. They are still taking advantage of the auto-ban features there by reporting the most innocent posts on the Dr. Logan Chop Shop page. A couple of my friends there actually got sent to the cornfield for a 24 hour ban. So this guy is still taking pot-shots at the group, trying his best to continue being a petty annoyance.

Neil
08-Aug-2012, 08:15 PM
Not to ressurrect this thread, but I thought it should be shared that Jim O'Rear's minons are continuing to attack my friends on facebook. They are still taking advantage of the auto-ban features there by reporting the most innocent posts on the Dr. Logan Chop Shop page. A couple of my friends there actually got sent to the cornfield for a 24 hour ban. So this guy is still taking pot-shots at the group, trying his best to continue being a petty annoyance.wow - You'd think Facebook would pick up on this after a while and realise what's going on?

We also never got Savini's promised rant. Maybe he thought twice about it!

Tricia Martin
09-Aug-2012, 02:15 PM
wow - You'd think Facebook would pick up on this after a while and realise what's going on?

Only the innocent seem to suffer on sites like FB and YouTube. J.O's minions flagging people and getting them into trouble is just as bad as people who file false DMCA's on YouTube. Gor (my husband) and I STILL have a video that has not been reinstated there because of a false DMCA- it's been 6 years! They just don't care if their users are getting abused by others mis-using THEIR system. The only way to get these sites to listen is if you are an advertiser waving dollar bills in front of their noses. It is a shame that the person who started the ChoShop group (I think we all know who he is, but I won't mention names) can't file a complaint with FB about members of his group getting wrongfully harassed. I doubt they'd listen if he did, though. It's sad.

wayzim
09-Aug-2012, 04:55 PM
1 thing that surprises me is that people have to pay for signatures!? WTF??? $20 for an autograph? That's crazy...

Yah, well count me among those who paid ( at Monstermania, about six years ago in New Jersey ) $20 to get Romero's autograph ( the first and last time I'll do that. ) and we had an interesting conversation for all of five minutes, where for part of it I let him know of the good work Neil and Co. have done all these years on HPOTD. Still, while I'm not a huge autograph hound - I don't consider it money or time wasted.

Now Ray Harryhausen ( FX legend, for those who didn't know ) - the autograph was free but I had to pay for his book. ; )
Again, money well spent.

Wayne Z

capncnut
10-Aug-2012, 04:52 PM
Jim O'Rear's minons are continuing to attack my friends on facebook. They are still taking advantage of the auto-ban features there by reporting the most innocent posts on the Dr. Logan Chop Shop page. A couple of my friends there actually got sent to the cornfield for a 24 hour ban.
And to think the cretin tried to accuse Lee Karr of being a cyber bully. The only cyber bully I see is Jim O'Rear, who has people silenced (even people who were fans of his initially until he failed to prove any of his claims) and their posts removed because he is desperate to keep a lid on it. Actually, someone who was recently targeted by O'Rear and his muppets yesterday changed his Wiki entry of 'Invasion USA' to 'Anal Invasion' and the thing was corrected within thirty seconds! Yes, it's childish but what does it tell you? He's rattled and on the ropes. A so-called celebrity who's so terrified that he's constantly logged into his networks because he KNOWS there will be reprisals. A so-called actor and stuntman in a film who has to avoid the conventions associated with said film because he knows he's toast if he shows his face.

You think this is bad, Jim? Well, it's nothing compared to what I have learned of recently. Real soon, you will hate Day of the Dead with every single part of your body. I talk to one or two convention 'regulars' (one in particular) and there's a very special surprise for you in the works, pal. It is something that you will not be able to control and is not even in the same picture as Facebook. If you can't provide evidence soon then I'd shit some, if I were you. Seriously... ;)

The guy has lost enough face as it is from O'Rear cry-babying to him. His only method of retaliation is to flake out on Facebook, call everybody "jagoff's", while shitting on his own fans in the process.

zombiebub
11-Aug-2012, 03:13 AM
Wow.....what can the Capn be talking about.....can't wait to see....

Yojimbo
11-Aug-2012, 04:48 AM
O'Rear's time is coming. I can say that O'Rear has made himself some very powerful enemies via his conduct. It could have all went away quietly had he just confessed in the first place - for chrissake, we all forgave Tarantino for padding his resume with the DAWN reference because he was man enough to admit that he had done it and truthfully it was way, way understandable to all of us why he did it in much the same way that it is understandable why O'Rear had done this.

But O'Rear's flargrant disrespect to the fans by foolishly continuing to misrepresent himself and ruin fan's memoriabillia through this misrepresentation coupled with his pathetic retaliation against those who would have forgiven him and even welcomed him as one of us based soley on his being a fan of Romero had he handled it differently - this only had the effect of pushing everyone to view him as the ultimate target and a despised enemy. In the end, O'Rear brought this down on his own head. I actually feel sorry for him since he obviously has no idea who exactly he pissed off and how his actions singularly have motivated folks to focus their genius on him for the sole purpose of bringing him down and exposing him as a liar. In the end, he will become known less for his straight to DVD movies or his paranormal investigations and will instead be remembered as an example of a lie blowing up in a liar's face. Sad because he could have avoided this end.

-- -------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

You think this is bad, Jim? Well, it's nothing compared to what I have learned of recently. Real soon, you will hate Day of the Dead with every single part of your body. I talk to one or two convention 'regulars' (one in particular) and there's a very special surprise for you in the works, pal. It is something that you will not be able to control and is not even in the same picture as Facebook. If you can't provide evidence soon then I'd shit some, if I were you. Seriously... ;)

All of us have lied in the past to some degree. Most of us learned at an early age that lies eventually will bite you on the ass and that the more you lie to support your lie, the bigger a chunk of your ass you will inevitably lose. Apparently, Jim has no clue about how his petty retaliatory strikes have simply motivated folks to dig deeper, as deep as they could with as many connected, authorative and definitive sources to which they have access, and he has chosen a several of the best connected folks to Day of the Dead he could have ever chosen to piss off. It would have been far better for Jim O'Rear if he had learned early on that a lie cannot be defended forever and that no matter how many lies you make up or convince others to tell will never make your lie into truth.

capncnut
11-Aug-2012, 04:51 PM
All of us have lied in the past to some degree. Most of us learned at an early age that lies eventually will bite you on the ass and that the more you lie to support your lie, the bigger a chunk of your ass you will inevitably lose. Apparently, Jim has no clue about how his petty retaliatory strikes have simply motivated folks to dig deeper, as deep as they could with as many connected, authorative and definitive sources to which they have access, and he has chosen a several of the best connected folks to Day of the Dead he could have ever chosen to piss off. It would have been far better for Jim O'Rear if he had learned early on that a lie cannot be defended forever and that no matter how many lies you make up or convince others to tell will never make your lie into truth.
I agree. I absolutely have no problem with people telling a few porky's to get their foot in the door. I've taken a free ride on the coat-tails of others - it is all a part of the game - but there comes a point where you have to jump off the ride and make it on your own merits. This is what surprises me about O'Rear because he DOES have a career. It is unfathomable why he sits at his table at conventions, Day of the Dead poster behind him, signing associated merchandise. On his website he has a shop section where you can buy DotD on DVD and it clearly states "Classic zombie film starring Jim O'Rear as a zombie". The man has NO SCREENTIME in it, so that's a lie right there.

Shall we recap some more to save people a long trawl through this thread? Okay, you twisted my arm! ;)

When news broke out of his fraudulence (allegedly by Taso Stavrakis, so that's a TKO by default), he cloned accounts at the FDTC forum and pretended to be his own fans so there was at least some support. Thing is, all the accounts used his personal email and, funnily enough, have similar usernames to the people who give his books positive reviews on Amazon. He accused Lee Karr of being a cyber bully but wasted NO TIME in bashing Lee purely because he had rumbled him. I posted a reply, which showed a photograph of Lee in make-up on the set of Land of the Dead in retaliation. What was O'Rear's response? "Could easily be faked..." What f**king planet is this guy living on? Needless to say, his lying ass was banned after he threw around those laughable legal threats. The same threats he made to HPotD, none of which have been acted upon because he frankly would not have a leg to stand on in court. He has admitted that he's got no evidence (when every extra received a newspaper and a dollar as payment) and if he wants to hit people for slander, he's got to be able to fully prove his involvement in DotD to highlight his innocence.

His age is a constant source of debate. Born in 1970, he would be fourteen years old at the time of shooting. Who the f**k is going to employ a fourteen-year-old stuntman? But no, he's apparently three years older (more evidence of bullshit on his part) but even still that would only make him seventeen. I would like to know who dishes out insurance on stuntmen under the age of eighteen because surely that's against the law. And check out his biographies, he was in Alaska and moved to Florida for the DotD shoot, etc. Let's assume he did appear in the film, that is a serious trek to make just to stand in a crowd of zombie extras on an elevator for one day with only a dollar as payment...

"I lived in Anchorage, Alaska, until I graduated high school and then moved to Florida. Of course, I was flying a lot of places to work on various projects and even lived in New York for awhile as I attended the American Academy Of Dramatic Arts, so I’ve been influenced by a number of different cultures."

"DAY was great. I love Romero and Savini. I was a fan of their work before being cast as a zombie in Florida, so I was extremely excited to be a part of 'The Holy Trilogy.' It was long hours but a blast at every moment."

That brings us nicely to this next tidbit. He signs as "Florida Zombie" and has said in many interviews (see above for one example) that he was on the Florida shoot. In fact, he personally told one person close to me, and numerous others it seems, that he was on the elevator during the scene where Miguel sacrifices himself. Lee has all the extras sign-in sheets and O'Rear's name isn't anywhere to be seen. Big surprise there, right? Not only that but the scene was shot exclusively in Pennsylvania, not Florida. Also, his name doesn't appear on any Florida sheets either! And NOT ONE PERSON remembers him on the set, even people he cited as being with him at the time, including his chum Tom Savini, who told Lee in an email "I don't remember him at all, but shhh!". Doesn't look good does it?

O'Rear refuses to tell people on public forums what scenes he was in and just says "go figure it out for yourself". Why not shut us all up and laugh in our faces with a simple informed reply that anyone who was truly on the set could make in a heartbeat? Nope. And you can't figure it out for yourself because there is nothing out there to figure out! He is smart in interviews and keeps discussion of the film light but when he's schmoozing with the fans, his mouth runs wild.

You know what the real sad part of this whole saga is? A lovely woman had her DotD poster with over thirty signatures defaced by this "walking pile of pus". When O'Rear wouldn't back up his claims with evidence, she assumed he was guilty of the accusations and simply posted at Dr. Logan's of her intentions to cover up his sig with a decal. She wasn't rude or anything. O'Rear and his muppets mass reported her and got her banned for THREE DAYS! People who were fans of his, people who trusted him and put cash in his pocket are getting reported and banned because of his disgusting slimy deception that he won't admit to in order to save his own face from getting egged. You don't get any more selfish than that, do you?

I highly suggest that people stay away from him at conventions if you don't wan't your DotD collection ruined, even if he signs for free. On the other hand, I feel somebody needs to confront him at his table, preferrably with camera in hand because his face will tell the whole story. He seems to be keeping well away from conventions associated with DotD now, so it's a start at least. At first, I was willing to accept that the whole fracas was a storm in a teacup, but when my posts started disappearing (perfectly polite posts) that was all the evidence of guilt I needed. It is a shame because O'Rear does have a background away from his lie that is highly interesting to me and had it not be for his bullying tactics, I would probably have friended him somewhere down the line.

But yeah, Jim O'Rear is a two bob c**t. Make no mistake!

Wow.....what can the Capn be talking about.....can't wait to see....
You know full well what it is, Larry. You're just as connected as I am, haha!

capncnut
30-Aug-2012, 07:15 PM
Message to 'eskimom': "You have mail". ;)

homeschoolman
23-Oct-2012, 04:05 AM
Hello, new to this site. Just wanted to say that i'm going to the purgatory toy show in morristown, TN on the 17th of nov. where the controversial Jim O Rear will be signing autographs. After this engaging thread, i must say i can't wait to see this goober and question his position on the matter!! haha

Neil
23-Oct-2012, 07:59 AM
Hello, new to this site. Just wanted to say that i'm going to the purgatory toy show in morristown, TN on the 17th of nov. where the controversial Jim O Rear will be signing autographs. After this engaging thread, i must say i can't wait to see this goober and question his position on the matter!! haha

Welcome!

I'm just waiting for someone to give him a poster to sign, reading "I was not in Day of the Dead"...

Make sure you give us any news/feedback :)

Yojimbo
31-Oct-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome! Tell Jim O' Faker that Steve Suehiro says "hi" and that he and many other interested parties - including several individuals who were actually involved in the production of Day of the Dead - are continuing to spread the word about his non-involvement in Day of the Dead.

Neil
22-Nov-2012, 09:37 PM

So???

rongravy
23-Nov-2012, 02:58 AM
Maybe he's still basking in the glory?

JonOfTheShred
25-Nov-2012, 01:44 AM
I composed all of the music to Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and the Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990.

I also designed posters for the first three movies in the Return of the Living Dead series.

And I directed Shaun of the Dead. And Zombi 2. And produced Cemetery Man, and also "casted" Anna Falchi.

Yojimbo
23-Feb-2013, 05:22 PM
Apparently, O'Rear is continuing to make appearances at conventions and still represents that he was a stunt/background zombie extra in Day of the Dead. If any of you see him at a convention, ask him to sign a photo for me. I will pay him good cash if he would sign his photo "I was never in Day of the Dead! -Jim O'Rear"

- - - Updated - - -

I composed all of the music to Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and the Night of the Living Dead remake from 1990.

I also designed posters for the first three movies in the Return of the Living Dead series.

And I directed Shaun of the Dead. And Zombi 2. And produced Cemetery Man, and also "casted" Anna Falchi.

Impressive, sir! You should join O'Rear at the convention because your CV eclipses his.

Neil
23-Feb-2013, 08:17 PM
I still think this saga isn't over...

Yojimbo
23-Feb-2013, 08:34 PM
I still think this saga isn't over...

Yeah and it will not be as long as the righteous refuse to shut up and refuse to allow him to continue his deception.

Only Jim O'Rear can truly end this by admitting that he was never in Day of the Dead and ending his practice of representing himself as having been in the film to gullible fans. Since he likely will never step up and do this, he will only continue to bring the wrath of the fans down on his own head.

aceofspades
05-Mar-2013, 02:02 AM
LMAO. Now I remember this forum. Oh lord have mercy, lol. Well, I'm not choosing sides or getting involved, but this whole thing is hilarious. Let's just say that in the 8 years of being in the industry...I've seen my fair share of "dupes".

Trencher
05-Mar-2013, 09:47 PM
So what was the big surprise they had for O'rear?

aceofspades
05-Mar-2013, 11:21 PM
Surprise?

JonOfTheShred
06-Mar-2013, 01:20 AM
Impressive, sir! You should join O'Rear at the convention because your CV eclipses his.

I would love to hit the convention circuit! Unfortunately, I'm all booked up right now - currently composing the soundtrack to Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and working on a concept album with Jack Black and Kyle Gass of Tenacious D. I'm also working on writing some ghost compositions for Walking Dead (I wrote the Governors theme from the mid-season break, the BOM. BOM BOM. BOM BOM. And yes, it was a rip off of my Dawn of the Dead basement score that I ghost-wrote for Goblin. I was only -10 years old at the time!)

aceofspades
06-Mar-2013, 04:23 AM
lmao funny

Monrozombi
31-Mar-2013, 11:09 PM
2 people just got 24 hour bans on FB for mentioning O'Rear in the comments of a topic in the Dawn of the Dead group. It'll never end.

capncnut
01-Apr-2013, 01:02 AM
2 people just got 24 hour bans on FB for mentioning O'Rear in the comments of a topic in the Dawn of the Dead group. It'll never end.
And for once it wasn't me. :D

So what was the big surprise they had for O'rear?
I have no idea of the full plan but for the record (in case a certain stalker PoS is reading) I was contacted here by one of his school friends from Alaska who pretty much put JOR through the wringer. This person offered their testimony/provided dates to which I PM-ed a contact address for Zero, who has stockpiled a copious amount of evidence against him and will unleash publicly at a time he feels necessary.

Whether they've discussed the matter is another thing as I'm out of the whole mess. If I want to wipe my ass with something, I'll use toilet paper like normal people. Really, I got better things to do than waste my time dishing it out to z-listers.

Monrozombi
01-Apr-2013, 02:52 AM
are you referring to me as a Z-lister?!?! I thought i was at least an S or an R lister :)

capncnut
01-Apr-2013, 03:45 AM
are you referring to me as a Z-lister?!?! I thought i was at least an S or an R lister :)
No, Matt. There is no category low enough that will take a list with your name in it. :P

Neil
01-Apr-2013, 12:36 PM
What did they say that merited that?

I am looking forward to this torrent of info/details about him.

Yojimbo
01-Apr-2013, 05:15 PM
What did they say that merited that?

I am looking forward to this torrent of info/details about him.
I too am looking forward to this info.
I was one of the two that got hit with a 24 hour ban. It had been mentioned that Savini approached Lee at a convention and shook his hand and made peace with him for Lee outing him on the fromdusktocon page for lying about remembering O'Rear as having appeared in Day. Savini admits that he has no recollection of Jim O'Rear being involved, but lied for O'Rear when O'Rear begged him for backup. on that particular Facbook thread, I had posted that I wondered how Jim O'Rear reacted to Savini's admission since it was now clear that O'Rear asked Tom to lie for him in a desperate attempt to make folks believe his lie about being features as an extra zombie and a stunt zombie in Day. I also pointed out that O'Rear 's silence on Savini's admission of guilt was an indication that he was aware that his position was no longer defensible. I U i also suggested that while it was understandable for an actor to oad his resume with falsehoods in order to gain work - Tarantino did so too with Dawn - that perhaps if he admitted it that folks might forgive him as they did when Tarantino set the record straight Someone reported this post to Facebook resulting in the FB auto-bots banning me from posting for 24 hours. Obviously Jim O'Rear continues to monitor those pages and his misuse of the reporting feature of FB to have posts removed and users auto-banned are the actions of a man desperate to hide his lie.
Honestly, this situation makes me appreciate HPOTD all the more since there are real people here moderating this page who are not afraid if his hollow threats of legal action and refuse to give in to his attempts or demands to hide the truth- action which to me reek of desperation. This is not over yet.

capncnut
01-Apr-2013, 05:36 PM
It had been mentioned that Savini approached Lee at a convention and shook his hand and made peace with him...
Yup, it is well worth mentioning here that Lee and Tom have now made their peace. I bet that's wiped the smirk off a certain z-lister's face. And that's one of the most disgusting things about this whole sorry mess, that O'Rear was happy to let Tom sink his own reputation covering up a lie.

Yojimbo
01-Apr-2013, 10:36 PM
I have made a post on the dusktillcon page publically requesting that Jim O'Rear explain how the recent reconcilliation of Savini and Lee and the confirmation that Savini has provided that Jim O'Rear askd him to lie about remembering O'Rear from the film makes him feel.

AcesandEights
02-Apr-2013, 12:41 AM
I have made a post on the dusktillcon page publically requesting that Jim O'Rear explain how the recent reconcilliation of Savini and Lee and the confirmation that Savini has provided that Jim O'Rear askd him to lie about remembering O'Rear from the film makes him feel.

Oh, good to hear Lee and Savini may have mended fences.

Monrozombi
02-Apr-2013, 03:14 AM

There are more pics of me in my bit parts of Land and Survival than there are of O'Rear in Day. Funny how just about weekly more and more of the extra's pics of themselves on set surface on FB and yet "no cameras were allowed"

capncnut
02-Apr-2013, 04:02 AM
There are more pics of me in my bit parts of Land and Survival than there are of O'Rear in Day. Funny how just about weekly more and more of the extra's pics of themselves on set surface on FB and yet "no cameras were allowed"
Socially interacting with yourself again? ;)

But yeah, all those new behind-the-scenes Day photos were pretty schweet. Again, not one of JOR to be seen. It's shouldn't be that hard to prove his presence on-set if he was indeed present. You know, the other week I was looking for images and video of a concert I attended in 1998 and with very little effort I found a photo of myself in the crowd. The reason that is because I WAS THERE. Pretty simple, really.

Yojimbo
02-Apr-2013, 07:14 PM
I was just hit by a 3-day ban for a post that I made at the same time that I got hit with the first 24 hr ban. FB's auto-ban functionality is too easy for Jim O'Rear and his misguided minions to exploit in a terroristic fashion since, unlike HPOTD it is an automated system bereft of any human component or actual review by an actual human who can make a judgement call about the validity of each report of violation

Neil
02-Apr-2013, 07:51 PM
Makes you wonder why X like minded people don't return the favour then if the system is that daft? :elol:

capncnut
03-Apr-2013, 12:37 AM
Chat log from East Coast Horror Group today. O'Rear being his usual unclassy self and mocking cancer victims and overweight people. The sooner folks see him for the scum that he is, the better. Monrozombi has full screen grabs, if needed. This is how it panned out when he tried to promote his latest film. He has since removed the entire thread.

Edit: And as a certain LIAR just branded me a hack for obscuring some of this thread. I have decided to post it all completely unedited. And like I said, Monrozombi has full scans. I think we're all agreed that this twerp is digging his grave deeper and deeper.

Brad Thacker Fuck off baldy.
11 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear Thanks! Love to hear from my fans!
11 hours ago via mobile

Brad Thacker You don't have fans.
11 hours ago via mobile · 2

Jim O'Rear Obviously. That's why I keep working continuously.
11 hours ago via mobile

Brad Thacker 3 people isn't a fanbase.
3 hours ago via mobile · 1

Lee Karr So, are you ACTUALLY in this "movie"?(and I use that word very loosely). BTW, stil curious if the shirts are free. I'm low on toilet paper, so I think the shirt would come in handy.
3 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear I have to apologize to the people in this forum for Brad... He has an unhealthy obsession with me. He'll get over it when he finally gets a girl to look at him.
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear Cool! Another member of the cancerous peanut gallery chimes in. Keep posting! The more you do the longer this plug for my new film and the convention stays at the top of the forum... the larger my friend list grows... and the more DVDs we sell!
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear Look at that! I just received 2 more friend requests! You're making this way too easy. Thanks!
2 hours ago via mobile

Lee Karr Sure, keep telling yourself that. People now know the truth about you and your alleged film resume. Do you really believe your own b.s or are you so pathetic and desperate for attention that you'll literally say anything? I should show you an email I got from someone who knew you in high school. They told me how full of crap you are. Not a pretty portrait at all, but most of us already know that.
2 hours ago via mobile · 2

Lee Karr By the way, care to tell all of your "fans" all about your experience on Day of the Dead? Why don't you entertain everyone with your memories from set?
2 hours ago via mobile

Lee Karr By the way, do you ever take a photo where you don't have your mouth wide open?
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear High school? Really? Ha ha ha.... Haters all have an axe to grind, don't they? Some people just can't stand it when others are more successful than them in a particular field. It's the way of the world. You'll have to get used to it.
Post again! I'm selling more DVDs!
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear I do not, Lee. As I've said in the past, if you knew how to do actual research you'd know that. A pic with my mouth closed is VERY rare, indeed.
2 hours ago via mobile

Lee Karr Sure you are.
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear By the way, do you ever take a photo where you don't look like someone dying of cancer?
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear Ouch! Sorry. That was rude of me.
2 hours ago via mobile

Lee Karr Won't answer my question about DAY. How many times do I have to call you out? If you'd just come clean about lying maybe some people would gain some respect for you. I DOUBT it, but maybe.
2 hours ago via mobile

Bryan Layne Jim, was this filmed in South Pittsburg, TN, by any chance?
2 hours ago

Jim O'Rear If you'd have approached me respectfully in the first place instead of like a bully then I may have discussed it with you. You need to learn to play nice instead of harassing everyone for information. But you blew it... so, you're the self-proclaimed "expert." I have no desire to speak with you. Figure it out.
2 hours ago via mobile

Lee Karr I actually beat cancer. And I've beat you too. You're just too dumb to realize that. So say anything you want to, it doesn't change the fact that I outed you for being the liar you are.

Michael Exler I have kept quiet on this. Jim your comment on the photo goes beyond what I am willing to take. You call this upon yourself day in and day out. You won't come clean on your involvement on day and to go further you call it a shitty zombie film. Normally I don't feed into your madness that you create on all the horror boards but take a hint. So many people have an issue with you. Is it a coincidence that so many people do have an issue with you or is it just you in general? I think you might want to look in a mirror. Keep telling yourself all the above things and keep going to your para cons. No one cares. I have a copy of the hospital coming to me so a true review will be given. A low blow to Lee like you just did is ridiculous. That shows you have no class.

Jim O'Rear Bryan.... I can't disclose the location where it was filmed, but I can confirm that it was shot in an abandoned building somewhere in the vicinity of the South Pittsburg area.
2 hours ago via mobile

Bryan Layne Gotcha. I have a house in Marion County, TN, as well as one in Nashville! I reaqd you loud and clear.
2 hours ago · 1

Bryan Layne I thought you were going off on myself there for a second!
2 hours ago · 1

Jim O'Rear Michael... You couldn't give an unbiased view if someone else wrote it for you. You obviously always have an agenda behind everything you do. You'll trash it just out of spite.
But, that's okay. We actually expected to get several bad reviews because its not a film made for everyone. Nit everyone is going to like it. That's the way with ALL films. Doesn't matter, though. We've signed a worldwide distribution deal with a major distributor and it will reach its desired fan base.
We appreciate everyone's support of the film over the past couple of months and all of the great reviews that have already poured in.
2 hours ago via mobile

Michael Exler What is my agenda Jim?
2 hours ago via mobile · 1

Jim O'Rear You tell me, Michael.
2 hours ago via mobile

Lee Karr Thanks, Mike. It's no secret that O'Rear has no class. But it's not a low blow. I actually take great pride in being a cancer survivor. But I appreciate you defending me none the less!
2 hours ago via mobile · 1

Jim O'Rear It's very clear to everyone in this forum that its okay to call me every name in the book and try to trash me in every way possible, but when I make 1 single rude comment you flip out. Hmmmmm.... What's that agenda, Mike?
2 hours ago via mobile

Michael Exler And all you got out of my post was about the movie you were in. That's sad. I don't have an agenda. I am part of ECHG. We cover cons and do podcasts. I don't want to be an actor or director. I do this for fun. So where is my agenda

Jim O'Rear Again... You tell me, Michael.
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear Oh, look. Another friend request! Thank you!
2 hours ago via mobile

Michael Exler You made fun of a Vance survivor Jim. The other comments are nothing as low as that. And Lee I have a lot of admiration for you in beating cancer and outing O'Rear.

Lee Karr Mike, O'Rear can't answer a question. That's his schtick.
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear Ooh... Post some more. We're all waiting to see what witty and wise things you have to say next! PS... Come by the DVD! Whoooo Hooooo!
2 hours ago via mobile

Lee Karr Thank you, Mike.
2 hours ago via mobile

Jim O'Rear Thank you, Mike.
2 hours ago via mobile

Michael Exler Jim your a child that's acting is lower than your class. You continue to prove countless people correct by these posts. You aren't worth my time. Lee your welcome and good luck with this famous jackass.
about an hour ago via mobile · 1

Lee Karr Damn, O'Rear. If you're selling this many DVDs you should be in a mansion by the end of the week. Guess you can move out of your roommates place then, with all that cash you've got pouring in.

Jim O'Rear Geez... chill out, Mike. High BP will kill you. Just saying thanks for picking up The Hospital to review. Any press is good press!
about an hour ago via mobile

Brad Thacker Jim, leave these boards. No one gives a shit about your awful movies. You spam every board everyday with plugs for your shitty movies. You are a fucking con artist.

Brad Thacker Your friend count hasn't gone up since yesterday. Another thing you are lying about.

Jim O'Rear Already in a mansion, Lee. Where have you been? Didn't that person I went to high school with tell you I was fortunate... and spoiled? Ha ha

Jim O'Rear Yet I continue to work steadily. By the way, learn to count, Brad. It's gone up today. What kind of obsessive stalker are you, anyway, if you can't keep track of the numbers?

San Jekel i'm sorry guys but what kinda childish behavior is this,the guy made a movie either you like it or you don't,but please stop this noncens,this is plain stupid,kids from 8/9 year old have better conversations than this.Best of luck to you Jim,hope it sells great
about an hour ago · 1

Brad Thacker WOW! You showed me. Go pick up all the hair off your pillow that fell out while you slept last night. A double wide trailer is not a mansion.

Brad Thacker San, with all due respect this guy is a liar & a con artist who most of us are sick of his spamming everyday in every board related to horror. And San 8 and 9 year olds have better spelling & grammer than you.
about an hour ago via mobile · Edited

Jim O'Rear Thank you, San.

San Jekel ur welcome jim
about an hour ago

San Jekel i know one thig for sure Brad,i know scott sadly i don't know jim,but i know scott well enough to go with the good guys,besides that i think you need to treat people with respect
about an hour ago · 1

Jim O'Rear Then block us, Brad. You don't have to see our posts and you don't have to constantly visit my page. It's your choice.

Brad Thacker Whoever the distributor is I smell Chapter 11 for them very soon.

Brad Thacker I don't visit your page. I'd rather visit a gas chamber.
about an hour ago via mobile · 2

Jim O'Rear That's the problem with these guys, San. They only think of themselves. That's why they hate and are jealous of the people who are more successful than them.

San Jekel brad thats low very low,thank god on ur knees hat u weren't part of world war 2 then y would know what a gas chamber is
about an hour ago · 1

Brad Thacker Not jealous. You annoy the shit out of me. My life is pretty awesome. I don't have to lie or spam groups to prove my talents. Notice San didn't say she planned on watching your movie. Did fleecing people about being in Day of The Dead help pay for your mansion?
about an hour ago via mobile · Edited · 1

Jim O'Rear Ha ha. Brad says he doesn't visit my page, yet a couple of posts earlier he claims to have kept track of how many friends I have. Contradict yourself much? Ha ha.

Lee Karr I've never seen anyone as delusional as O'Rear. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

Brad Thacker San, gas chambers are used for more than that.

Jim O'Rear Yet, I can write 4 books and have them distributed in the same amount of time that you haven't been able to write just one, Lee. Ha ha

Brad Thacker I mean gass chambars are used forr moree that than. They have commas, periods, etc on your phone keys you can use so you don't sound so dumb. Worth the extra 2 seconds it takes to hit the key.
about an hour ago via mobile · Edited · 1

Jim O'Rear On that note, I must leave this "classy" company. I'll be back again to remind you how to buy the DVD.

Lee Karr My book doesn't require crayons though, O'Rear.

Brad Thacker No one needs instructions or a reminder on how to order a shitty movie.

San Jekel elementry school would be a good option,this is the most worhtless conversaton i ever heard
about an hour ago

Brad Thacker If you're dumb enough to need instructions on how to order a DVD, you are dumb enough to watch The Hospital.

Michael Exler Funny thing is this San person just asked to join the group. I am sure she is just a plant.
about an hour ago via mobile · 3

San Jekel yep i did,because that was the only way i could leave a comment
about an hour ago

Lee Karr No, Mike. O'Rear would never do that!

Brad Thacker You aren't hearing this conversation you are reading it San. And you continue to call me childish but you have the grammar & spelling skills of a chimp.

Brad Thacker Would love to see the begging messages O'Rear sends to friends to get them to defend his honor.

San Jekel yeah well try and write dutch bet you cant beat my english
about an hour ago

Brad Thacker Huh? Go to night school or get a tutor. I had to ask the drunk hobo in my neighborhood to translate that last one.

San Jekel thats what i mean you cant even read it,write in dutch and you get the perfect answer
about an hour ago

Brad Thacker I am not Dutch nor do I care what the translation is.

San Jekel ik kan tenminste engels en nederlands
about an hour ago

William L. Bozarth San, Carrot Top asked for his hair back
24 minutes ago via mobile · 1

William L. Bozarth So let's see... we attack his unprofessional career, and he attacks my house fire, Lee's cancer, and Exler's weight. Yup. "Stay classy", you nobody.
22 minutes ago via mobile · 1

Neil
03-Apr-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm confused how he still manages to appear at conventions without people pulling him up on is suppose Day appearance, and making a scene!

shootemindehead
03-Apr-2013, 08:49 AM
By the way, do you ever take a photo where you don't look like someone dying of cancer?

Wow...

capncnut
03-Apr-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm confused how he still manages to appear at conventions without people pulling him up on is suppose Day appearance, and making a scene!
Well, many horror conventions are in the loop about his dishonesty and if he does attend, he is usually tucked away in the corner. So he now attends paranormal conventions (another genre he's faked his way into) based on a couple of books he wrote. By the way, check out some of the glowing reviews from 'Sarcophagi' on Amazon. If anyone has visited the Dusk Til Con thread, that name will be very familiar to them.

Edit: And it's kicking off again at the ECHG page. You only have to look at a few comments to see that O'Rear is really on the ropes!

Yojimbo
04-Apr-2013, 05:56 PM
Makes you wonder why X like minded people don't return the favour then if the system is that daft? :elol:
I can only speak for myself, but I would never condone silencing folks by exploiting the severely flawed structure of the FB reporting system. I do also believe that O'Rear is so egotistical and irrational that allowing him to continue to put up posts will make clear the truth of his delusion to all who read them. Since Cap's posting of the text of O'Rear's classless shots at Lee and others - a thread, by the way, which O'Rear eventually tried to hide by deleting, only to later put up other posts on which likewise he eventually made so many hot headed and insulting posts toward anyone who dared to question him - he soon enraged so many people and even went as far as to insult the moderators of that page culminating in him getting banned which he promptly whined about on his own page.

My posts about O'Rear were never of a personal nature - unless calling him out as a liar can be considered a personal insult. He responded to my posts by insulting me and my wife (who had nothing to do with this) and launching a campaign of harrassment against me that caused me to be auto banned on numerous occasions. So, challenge O'Rear and you will be besieged with personal, uncalled for insults and auto-bans. I refuse to respond in kind.

capncnut
04-Apr-2013, 06:41 PM
My posts about O'Rear were never of a personal nature - unless calling him out as a liar can be considered a personal insult. He responded to my posts by insulting me and my wife (who had nothing to do with this) and launching a campaign of harrassment against me that caused me to be auto banned on numerous occasions.
I only got personal when he made it personal. I was courteous to begin with (as evidenced in the transcript Larry posted earlier in this thread) but it was only when my posts started disappearing (and a subsequent ban for absolutely NOTHING) that I decided that I was being silenced by someone who is trying to cover up his tracks. Never did I want to be in a war with this guy but, at the end of the day, he is the one who started this shit. All we wanted was for O'Rear to ease our concerns and just tell us what scene he was in, but he won't.

http://youtu.be/0jJRcnf6Czg
Oh, and here's O'Rear's latest film. I'm presuming he doesn't mind me posting this as he is proudly plastering it all over the internet. Just wondered what y'all think?

Neil
04-Apr-2013, 09:59 PM
^^ Ummm.... Oh dear!

I seem to recall on his website there's a list of his martial arts achievements... I wonder how genuine those are?

rongravy
05-Apr-2013, 12:34 AM
Looks horrible, but whadya expect from a guy with the word "REAR" in his name?

If some of these places are hip to his jive, then why do they even let him set up? Could I set up a booth and pretend to be in stuff too?

IrishEyes
07-Apr-2013, 06:42 AM
If some of these places are hip to his jive, then why do they even let him set up? Could I set up a booth and pretend to be in stuff too?

The thing about (at least some of) the conventions it has tables at, is that anyone who has content (DVDs, photos, craft wares, etc) to sell can purchase a vendor table. Most cons I've attended have a room for guests (the bigger names) and then a separate vendor/dealer room. The dealers' room holds the tables of everyone from independent actors and companies to Joe Schmo off the street who has a ton of memorabilia for sale.

He skates by on technicalities. He's usually in a dealers' room, so technically, he doesn't have to have credit one. He happens to have a few legit credits (quality notwithstanding) so... he skates.

Andy
07-Apr-2013, 07:24 PM
I love reading the threads on his pages, good work exposing him guys.

Im surprised he hasnt tried to register here yet, he obviously visits the place and checks on this topic because we have had emails whining about it.

Jim Morrissey
08-Apr-2013, 11:27 AM
I only got personal when he made it personal. I was courteous to begin with (as evidenced in the transcript Larry posted earlier in this thread) but it was only when my posts started disappearing (and a subsequent ban for absolutely NOTHING) that I decided that I was being silenced by someone who is trying to cover up his tracks. Never did I want to be in a war with this guy but, at the end of the day, he is the one who started this shit. All we wanted was for O'Rear to ease our concerns and just tell us what scene he was in, but he won't.

http://youtu.be/0jJRcnf6Czg
Oh, and here's O'Rear's latest film. I'm presuming he doesn't mind me posting this as he is proudly plastering it all over the internet. Just wondered what y'all think?

WOW -so a fat gamer stalks people through a disused hospital and kills them. so O'rear is openly ripping people off with this z grade rubbish or is he that deluded that he thinks this
is a decent film?

Btw rap songs themed to the movie -a tad bit dated.

capncnut
08-Apr-2013, 01:05 PM
It's quite an interesting scenario. I checked out his page the other day and he has a screen grab of the time Larry altered Wikipedia to include a bunch of his merry men as extras in Day, just as a joke to prove anyone can say they were in the film, and O'Rear is using it as an example of how everybody is doing the same as him. Erm, no. It's a big difference to purposely dupe fans, get your foot in the door on the back of films you never appeared in, thus destroying thousands of dollars of merchandise when you sign them.

I never really had a beef with this new film he's in, but what he doesn't realise is that he is destroying it. He thinks he's being cute and funny by recruiting his fans to spam his attackers pages with homosexual porn (probably from his own collection) and threatening females ("take down your status otherwise I will step up attacks on you at my page" - BIG GUY!), but he is just coming off desperate and pathetic.

Yojimbo
08-Apr-2013, 05:22 PM
It's quite an interesting scenario. I checked out his page the other day and he has a screen grab of the time Larry altered Wikipedia to include a bunch of his merry men as extras in Day, just as a joke to prove anyone can say they were in the film, and O'Rear is using it as an example of how everybody is doing the same as him. Erm, no. It's a big difference to purposely dupe fans, get your foot in the door on the back of films you never appeared in, thus destroying thousands of dollars of merchandise when you sign them.

I never really had a beef with this new film he's in, but what he doesn't realise is that he is destroying it. He thinks he's being cute and funny by recruiting his fans to spam his attackers pages with homosexual porn (probably from his own collection) and threatening females ("take down your status otherwise I will step up attacks on you at my page" - BIG GUY!), but he is just coming off desperate and pathetic.

Some one hipped me to that post - quite funny that he thinks that this is some sort of big gotcha find. Here the thing- he isn't even telling his devoted followers the whole story about what the dispute is actually about making it seem as if Lee is a rude cyberbully who's only issue is that O'Rear claims that we was in Day of the Dead as a background zombie- one of hundreds. He conveniently does not share that the issue is that he not only claims that he was an extra zombie who performed stunts in the film but that he has signed the merchandise of gullible fans at the cons - most of whom are incensed that he did so and feel that their merchandise has been devalued or ruined under false pretenses. O'Rear claims to his followers that he no longer even mentions his association with such an old, unimportant film because he had such a small role in it- instead blaming promoters at cons for publicizing this credit. He has also posted a photo of what appears to be the credits from the film that lists him along with Taso as having done stunts - I wonder how Taso would react to this since it is common knowledge that Taso was the stunt coordinator and has no recollection of O'Rear being on set or performing stunts in any way. Finally he is dismissive of Savini's admission that O Rear begged Tom to lie for him on this issue, saying that Tom is under duress to say this by Lee and merely is telling Lee that he lied for O'Rear just to get Lee off of his back - a claim that is laughable given the big stink that happened once Lee made his communiques with Savini public. He does not even address that Tom and Lee have made their peace on this issue, making it seem that Lee is bullying Savini.

His "army" has vowed to launch attacks on anyone who clashes with O'Rear who has been pitching them to purchase t shirts from him emblazoned with "Jim's Army". So I think it is only a matter of time that we will hear from them on these pages

thxleo
08-Apr-2013, 09:33 PM
Some one hipped me to that post - quite funny that he thinks that this is some sort of big gotcha find. Here the thing- he isn't even telling his devoted followers the whole story about what the dispute is actually about making it seem as if Lee is a rude cyberbully who's only issue is that O'Rear claims that we was in Day of the Dead as a background zombie- one of hundreds. He conveniently does not share that the issue is that he not only claims that he was an extra zombie who performed stunts in the film but that he has signed the merchandise of gullible fans at the cons - most of whom are incensed that he did so and feel that their merchandise has been devalued or ruined under false pretenses. O'Rear claims to his followers that he no longer even mentions his association with such an old, unimportant film because he had such a small role in it- instead blaming promoters at cons for publicizing this credit. He has also posted a photo of what appears to be the credits from the film that lists him along with Taso as having done stunts - I wonder how Taso would react to this since it is common knowledge that Taso was the stunt coordinator and has no recollection of O'Rear being on set or performing stunts in any way. Finally he is dismissive of Savini's admission that O Rear begged Tom to lie for him on this issue, saying that Tom is under duress to say this by Lee and merely is telling Lee that he lied for O'Rear just to get Lee off of his back - a claim that is laughable given the big stink that happened once Lee made his communiques with Savini public. He does not even address that Tom and Lee have made their peace on this issue, making it seem that Lee is bullying Savini.

His "army" has vowed to launch attacks on anyone who clashes with O'Rear who has been pitching them to purchase t shirts from him emblazoned with "Jim's Army". So I think it is only a matter of time that we will hear from them on these pages

You are very correct, Steve. The idea that I could bully Tom Savini into saying something is ridiculous. No one can bully Tom Savini! It's just a stupid notion and I certainly would never even think of attempting something so absurd. I'm sure Tom wants nothing more than to wash his hands of this fiasco. And that's because he got dragged into it by O'Rear, not knowing all the facts of the situation.
But I am really happy that you and Brett are continuing to give O'Rear hell for this. I want him to regret the moment he decided to add DAY to his "resume". I also want him to regret hanging himself, something he didn't even realize he was doing at the time, when he told me on Facebook that 2 other extras, whose names he gave me, were on set with him. That I know is a 100% lie because it was impossible for those 2 men to have been on set with him. And don't even get me started about how he claims Gary Klar and Joe Pilato could vouch for him being on set in Florida. Again, another idiotic lie.

IrishEyes
08-Apr-2013, 11:15 PM
And don't even get me started about how he claims Gary Klar and Joe Pilato could vouch for him being on set in Florida. Again, another idiotic lie.

Pilato and Klar didn't even film in Florida, isn't that correct? This whole situation... curioser and curioser. Amazing that the guy has come even as far as he has, with all the deception and bullying he lashes out.

Monrozombi
09-Apr-2013, 02:00 AM
I'm still pissed that my name was added to that Wiki page w/o my knowledge. I'm all up for O'Rear bashing...as long as I know i'm involved in it.

but wait, since you can't prove he wasn't there, and he can't prove he was there, don't they cancel out and we can just let him go and continue on...I mean whats the harm right?!?!?!?

:) j/k. Just give the guy enough rope to hang himself :)

Mike70
09-Apr-2013, 03:22 PM
Wow...

you stole the word right from me. this is a ridiculous saga about a very, very small man who seems to have the need to fill his empty life up with self-congratulatory bullshit. his wikipedia page is a frickin' hoot filled up with self-importance, arrogance, pettiness, and verges on a case of desperate-look-at-me-please syndrome. if he didn't write it himself, someone needs to crown me as czar.

it is also very interesting how all the references to his having lived in alaska in the 80s have been removed. i guess living roughly 4,500 miles from the shooting locations of film that was done when he was 17/18 and in high school is something that cannot be explained, so they have simply been removed. he is a classless piece of garbage.

delboy88
11-Apr-2013, 08:55 PM
seem majority of fans are now aware of the scumbag and are now avoiding him hes finding anything to try and save himself these ridculous t-shirts hes had made a real mature thing to do hope people aint that stupid to buy one

Neil
12-Apr-2013, 08:34 AM

Well, we're more than happy on HPotD to allow people to discuss this matter. But I would remind folks to try and not get too aggressive and/or personal in their comments. Let's try and keep the moral high-ground here folks :)

IrishEyes
17-Apr-2013, 05:03 AM
Well, we're more than happy on HPotD to allow people to discuss this matter. But I would remind folks to try and not get too aggressive and/or personal in their comments. Let's try and keep the moral high-ground here folks :)

It might also be beneficial to just... I don't know... stop talking about him? I admit, it was interesting to read up on the whole issue, and yes, it's good to get the word out to "newbies" so that their memorabilia doesn't get ruined, but I have to ask - what good is it doing to constantly talk about him in the same circles? The people who know about the situation, know about it already, so the constant FB group topics and such, it's just giving him more fuel to his fire. Remove his oxygen, so to speak. Let it die.

Again, just something to consider.

delboy88
18-Apr-2013, 08:24 PM
irisheyes i do agree with you seems what ever we say or do its fueling the fire like with this t-shirt thing all we seem to do is get reported on fb best just let things run its course everyones caught word on him so i hope the B.S will get what he deserves

Cykotic
18-Apr-2013, 09:45 PM
It might also be beneficial to just... I don't know... stop talking about him?

This is known as the Tinkerbell Scenario: If we stop believing in him and stop talking about him, he'll cease to exist.... Marvelous!

jscott
19-Apr-2013, 10:37 PM
This is known as the Tinkerbell Scenario: If we stop believing in him and stop talking about him, he'll cease to exist.... Marvelous!

As much as I wish, I don't think that will be completely sucessful.

The East Coast Horror Group had a nice segment devoted to him on the latest From Dusk Till Con podcast. http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/category/podcasts/

Trencher
27-Apr-2013, 04:10 PM
If he can afford going to cons and making movies he can afford to pay for the memorabilia he ruined with his signature. I think you should collect all the fans he has ripped off and then sue him.

Neil
27-Apr-2013, 05:51 PM
It would be hysterical to see a small claim court action against him of some sort against him...

Mike70
27-Apr-2013, 06:40 PM

yep. nothing simply goes away because you stop talking about it. Truth simply is what it is. if it is uncomfortable or problematic, that's just the way things are.

Yojimbo
27-Apr-2013, 07:33 PM
It would be hysterical to see a small claim court action against him of some sort against him...

I have heard that there are a few folks that are planning to do just this. I would imagine that a lot of these pages and posts elsewhere on the web could be used fairly effectively as evidence in this regard.

- - - Updated - - -

yep. nothing simply goes away because you stop talking about it. Truth simply is what it is. if it is uncomfortable or problematic, that's just the way things are.

Yes - we can stop talking about that group of idiots from the Westboro church, but they will still continue their douchebaggery.

In the case of O'Rear I am sure that he would love it if folks would stop drawing attention to the fact that he is a liar and a fraud. He can posture all he wants about how that this is good publicity for him - but his actions (such as threatening folks with legal action if they allow posts outing him to remain on their pages, and exploiting the auto-ban features of FB to silence anyone who dares to point out that he is a fraud) to me indicate otherwise.

capncnut
23-May-2013, 12:29 PM
Scoot to the end of this interview with Lee Karr and any newcomer to this thread can have the truth explained in full.

Link: http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/echgfdtc-radio-meets-lee-karr/ [28 mins in...]

Neil
23-May-2013, 12:51 PM
^^ Interesting! Nice work Lee. :)

NOTE: I had to go to the interviews page to actually listen to it? - http://eastcoasthorrorgroup.com/category/interviews/

ps: Looking forward to Lee's book!

rongravy
23-May-2013, 08:30 PM
Listening now!!!

capncnut
20-Jun-2013, 11:33 AM
Awareness has seemingly been spread to the Trekkies: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Talk:Jim_O'Rear

And a Wiki edit war has resulted in less bullshit on his page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_O'Rear

Neil
20-Jun-2013, 12:03 PM
Nice! We'll have the B5 community checking him out next :)

major jay
20-Jun-2013, 04:45 PM
Wow, you guys are pathetic. :p

Neil
20-Jun-2013, 05:40 PM
^^ Ummm... Sure...

kidgloves
20-Jun-2013, 07:16 PM
Wow, you guys are pathetic. :p

Please explain. No disrespect but maybe you don't understand the gravity of what this con man is doing.

major jay
23-Jun-2013, 05:06 PM
^^ Ummm... Sure...
You've exposed the guy. Why rub dirt into it?
All I'm saying is to let it go.

Neil
23-Jun-2013, 06:43 PM
You've exposed the guy. Why rub dirt into it?
All I'm saying is to let it go.

Fair enough, but to be specific, you didn't say "let it go"... you used the term "pathetic"... Can you understand how that might annoy/offend some people?

And as regards, "let it go," maybe when he, (a) admits he wasn't in the film(s) he says he was in, (b) he stops 'ruining' people's beloved memorablia this might calm down. But at the moment we have some people who are simply interested in seeing this matter through to its logical conclusion...

I see no issue with that personally... And see no reason to "let it go"... Infact I generally pat anyone on the back who get of their backside to do anything positive. It's easier to sit, whine and do nothing!

wayzim
23-Jun-2013, 07:59 PM
Nice! We'll have the B5 community checking him out next :)

Anybody in contact with Patricia Tallman? In addition to being an actress, she's also a stunt woman. So if she knows any of the stunt people, and/or coordinators who worked on B5 - maybe they could confirm or deny his claims. I don't speak for Ms. Tallman or anyone in her camp, and I'm not suggesting folks start bugging the woman with this ... just thinking out loud here.

Wayne Z

Neil
23-Jun-2013, 09:09 PM
^^ Hey! I was kidding :)

But it would be bad if he's signing B5 stuff 'questionably!'

Micah Ackerman
25-Mar-2014, 04:37 PM
Jim O'Rear was interviewed on "The Megapods" and he talks about many issues including the "Day of the Dead" controversy - http://t.co/aGobKJjVCf

Micah

AcesandEights
25-Mar-2014, 04:42 PM
Interesting...will have to give it a listen.

Neil
26-Mar-2014, 08:35 AM
Jim O'Rear was interviewed on "The Megapods" and he talks about many issues including the "Day of the Dead" controversy - http://t.co/aGobKJjVCf

Starts just before a third of the way through. Day of the Dead mentioned half way through - He says he doesn't understand the problem, and mentions Tom Savini said he (Jim O'Rear) was on the set, which of course we know is not really true.

He says he can see supernatural shadow people... which says it all IMHO. :duh:

stray
01-May-2014, 06:52 AM
Hello,

On Tuesday 4/29/14 I took a trip to a landmark located in my home state of Ohio. This landmark is known as the Ohio State Reformatory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_State_Reformatory which once served as a correctional institute in the NE part of the state. The prison has been closed since the early 90s and at one point was facing the wrecking ball; however, the producers of the film Shawshank Redemption contacted the Ohio Film Commission and requested that the demolition be delayed because they were interested in using the building for some of the movie's exterior shots. This delay was granted and during this time some locals petitioned to have the site preserved as a historical landmark. This was granted and the structure was preserved.

Anyway, my wife and I are hosting a friend who is on holiday from England and Shawshank happens to be one of his favorite films. We decided to make the 2.5 hour road-trip up north to take a tour of the prison and let him tour the “set” of his favorite movie (like we Dead fans like to do). The place is really quite interesting. While the exterior is very well preserved and recognizable in the film, the interior is mostly decrepit and really sort of “creepy”--poorly lit, paint peeling, rust on the bars, cold, clammy, musty, etc. It is rumored to be “haunted” by the spirits of some of the 200 men who died while incarcerated there (as well as a couple of guards who were killed during an escape).

So yeah, it is a “creepy” environment, but what really creeped me out is what I saw in one of the rooms of the administration wing that had been cleaned up and furnished with glass display cases showcasing the movies that had been filmed on the grounds (Shawshank, Tango & Cash, Air Force One). Additionally, these display cases had an assortment of props that were left behind by the crews once filming was complete as well as publicity photos, lobby posters, etc. As I was examining these bits and pieces of movie history I heard my son say: “Hey, Tom Savini made a movie here”.

I turned around and sure enough, on the wall opposite the display for Shawshank was a promotional poster for a movie called The Dead Matter and, sure enough, Tom Savini was listed in the credits. Now, this isn't the creepy part; this is actually pretty cool—that at least of portion of a film with Savini in it was shot in my home state, even if Savini's scenes were filmed elsewhere and he had never set foot on the prison grounds. What creeped me out was a framed, autographed promotional picture on display in the glass case beneath the poster.

Jim O'Rear.

It looked something like this: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFp6zmNtPifxvig4Lb0nydkZdtiRtSr ROS8x3_140uroRmbuYj but with his name scrawled across it.

How creepy is this? A proven fraud "actor's" photograph is prominently displayed in a glass case across from notables such as Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins, Kurt Russel, Sly Stallone, and Harrison Ford and in a state historical site to boot?

Although the film The Dead Matter is not listed in the Wikipedia entry (nor is it listed here: http://www.mrps.org/learn/film-and-television ) I looked up the trailer on YouTube and it is obvious that some of the exterior scenes were filmed at the prison and it appears that Mr. O'Rear is featured at around 1:29 in the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liAifLs_8zk

Further, he is listed in the credits on the IMDB site as a “vampire junkie”, so I'm sure he was actually in the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1055363/ .

This all appears to be legit, but my question is: should a proven fraud of O'Rear's caliber be allowed to be featured in a display case in a state historical preservation site along with respectable professionals? I'm not comfortable with it. On the one hand, he has every right to toot his own horn for something he actually participated in; on the other, he has slurred his own reputation by lying about his participation in other films.

What do others think?

:D

-stray-

Neil
01-May-2014, 08:28 AM
If he lies to increase his credibility, it only has to half work for him to have successfully raised it... ie: Only some of his efforts have to stick, which clearly they are.

I still can't get over his recent lies on that podcast - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=20232&p=305115&viewfull=1#post305115

We all know Tom Savini no longer says he remembers O'Dear on the Day shooting, yet O'Dear continues to quote him as saying he does.

You soon learn in life some people are willing to behave in ways you are not...

Neil
28-Mar-2018, 08:21 PM
OK... Blast from the past, but someone take this clown off the IMDB credit list :) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088993/fullcredits

shootemindehead
28-Mar-2018, 08:54 PM
It's Ok Neil. I think Lee has a hit out on him.

Monrozombi
29-Mar-2018, 02:33 AM
this man is like a case of herpes

bassman
29-Mar-2018, 02:37 AM
I was highly entertained reading through this thread again from the beginning.

Hard to believe this guy is still at it after all these years...

Neil
29-Mar-2018, 08:25 AM
this man is like a case of herpes

I know some of you guys obviously go to conventions and the like, so have you have spotted him at one?

Monrozombi
29-Mar-2018, 07:53 PM
He's never been to a show that i've been at and i got to a lot of the Northeast/mid-Atlantic shows. I think he's concentrated to the southeast/florida area. I haven't seen his name pop up in a little while though.

Neil
29-Mar-2018, 09:00 PM
He's never been to a show that i've been at and i got to a lot of the Northeast/mid-Atlantic shows. I think he's concentrated to the southeast/florida area. I haven't seen his name pop up in a little while though.

The most ironic thing of all? He's got Day of the Dead images on his sight, which has HIS copyright on? - http://www.jimorear.com/daydead.html

Where's Richard Rubinstein when you need him?

JDP
29-Mar-2018, 09:55 PM
The most ironic thing of all? He's got Day of the Dead images on his sight, which has HIS copyright on? - http://www.jimorear.com/daydead.html

Where's Richard Rubinstein when you need him?

Which zombie exactly does he claim to have played? The IMDb page description is quite vague: "attacking zombie"... that pretty much fits a whole bunch of the zombies in that movie.

beat_truck
29-Mar-2018, 11:30 PM
This guy sounds like a real piece of shit.:duh: I'm kinda disappointed to hear that Savini doesn't seem have that great of a personality either.

Monrozombi
29-Mar-2018, 11:32 PM
Which zombie exactly does he claim to have played? The IMDb page description is quite vague: "attacking zombie"... that pretty much fits a whole bunch of the zombies in that movie.

he just says in the background and has always stated he was a background stunt zombie and won't go past that. i don't think he's ever said where's been even when asked. He knows it pisses people off because he's like why should you care, well sorry Jim, people do.