PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on tipping delivery drivers?

acealive1
15-May-2012, 11:38 PM
i know they charge for delivery,but what makes them so deserving that they deserve more than that especially if your order arrived very late and or your order wasnt right?

what if the delivery driver is a pain in the ass?

then what do you do? what about when they get mad they didnt get a huge tip?

what about if your order pizza like i did recently and the damn thing WASNT EVEN CUT?

thoughts? questions?

Danny
15-May-2012, 11:41 PM
the tipping thing is an interesting oddity, we dont do it over here. anyone whos worked a menial job knows we get paid our wages for our work like everyone else, anything else is kind of begging. at least over here, god knows how your pay is taxed or treated over there.

acealive1
15-May-2012, 11:43 PM
the tipping thing is an interesting oddity, we dont do it over here. anyone whos worked a menial job knows we get paid our wages for our work like everyone else, anything else is kind of begging. at least over here, god knows how your pay is taxed or treated over there.

this is one way i wish the uk and usa were more alike because there are some people who get mad over tips and dont get em....and others u cant technically tip yet they deserve every penny

AcesandEights
15-May-2012, 11:47 PM
I tip my food delivery drivers, usually pretty well because I default to a higher percentage when calculating the tip in my head to save time at the door. They don't get paid much, they use their own vehicles quite often, they may be delivering to me in the future and they have control over my food. I figure I should keep them happy.

MoonSylver
15-May-2012, 11:52 PM
It depends...

http://talk.mthai.com/uploads/2010/09/26/40477-attachment.jpg

...it depends. ;) :D

acealive1
15-May-2012, 11:56 PM
It depends...

http://talk.mthai.com/uploads/2010/09/26/40477-attachment.jpg

...it depends. ;) :D

lol nice. i only had one delivery chick look like that. she had the perfect body

Sammich
16-May-2012, 12:02 AM
If the delivery guy shows up as promised or before, I always give a couple dollars tip.

At a place I worked there was a real cheapskate who paid the chinese food delivery guy but didn't give him any tip, even though everyone threw in extra money. The orange chicken from the following week's delivery gave me really bad runs. I am talking the kind where you have to run to the bathroom every 15 minutes. That is why you should tip.

acealive1
16-May-2012, 12:10 AM
If the delivery guy shows up as promised or before, I always give a couple dollars tip.

At a place I worked there was a real cheapskate who paid the chinese food delivery guy but didn't give him any tip, even though everyone threw in extra money. The orange chicken from the following week's delivery gave me really bad runs. I am talking the kind where you have to run to the bathroom every 15 minutes. That is why you should tip.

thats really messed up considering he took out his anger on all of u over one guy not tipping