PDA

View Full Version : Dallas 2012 (TV series)

Neil
17-May-2012, 12:23 PM
Well, not long now till Dallas TNG starts...

d220ZdzdFTQ

I have fond memories of the original series, hope this new will be fun!

shootemindehead
17-May-2012, 01:46 PM
Don't worry. It's all just a dream.

Neil
17-May-2012, 02:16 PM
Don't worry. It's all just a dream.
Do I need to get out of the shower?

shootemindehead
17-May-2012, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't.

Linda Gray is on the other side of the glass...pissed out of her face. Or is it Victoria Prinipal???

I'd just move to Knots Landing, if I were you.

Sammich
17-May-2012, 07:34 PM
I can't wait for "My Mother the Car" 2012 series reboot.

Neil
15-Jun-2012, 11:52 AM
Ratings hit - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18455407

So any of you lot seen it?

LouCipherr
15-Jun-2012, 12:05 PM
Wow, Dallas. I have a long history (unintentionally) with this show.

My mom used to watch this, Knotts Landing, and Dynasty all the time when I was a kid. The theme from Dallas still rings in my head (speaking of which, they used the exact same intro for the new show as the original. I was wondering if they were going to use the same song - they sure did).

Now, all that being said, I never bothered to really sit down and 'watch' any of these shows, but I remember them being on all the time when I was very young.

Well, flash-forward to last night - my wife made me record both new episodes on our DVR. She sat down to watch them while I fiddled with my laptop, but I did manage to catch what was going on every once in a while. It wasn't too bad - and it's interesting they're trying to capture the younger audience (with John Ross, Bobby's kid, etc.) while still keeping the original viewers by using quite a few of the original cast. Interesting idea.

Kinda weird they're giving Bobby the 'cancer' angle thing (this is not a spoiler, don't worry, it doesn't affect anything knowing this as it's revealed in the first 5 minutes) - not sure if that's just so they have an easy way to take him off the show or what. Just seemed weird to bring up in the first episode.

I'll say this - it's not my kinda show, I'm not into soap operas, but these two episodes seemed to have more twists in them than a school of eels! I was kinda surprised.

I'm sure my wife is going to follow the show religiously. It's not my cup of tea, but for fans of the original, it seemed interesting enough.

Mike70
17-Jun-2012, 01:15 AM
My mom used to watch this, Knotts Landing, and Dynasty all the time when I was a kid.

there are a couple of shows from my childhood that made me want to throw myself through a plate glass window: Dallas, dynasty, the lawrence welk show, and the king of all shit tv - hee-haw.

Neil
20-Sep-2012, 01:00 PM
OK! I'm quite enjoying it :)