PDA

View Full Version : im so happy!

Andy
03-Jul-2006, 11:09 AM
i been trying to get into the police force for several years now, its always been my ambition. but as some of you may already know, the greater manchester police is realyl hard to get into, they rarely recruit and when they do, thousands of people apply.

anyway, i got a letter today telling me my application has been successful and arranging an interview!

i dont normally post stuff about my personal life online but this is seriously the best thing ever. :D

just thought i'd let y'all know anyway, it'll be officer andy soon :cool:

MapMan
03-Jul-2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats

LoSTBoY
03-Jul-2006, 11:19 AM
Good luck with the interview, matey!:)

erisi236
03-Jul-2006, 01:31 PM
man, if you treat real life criminals like the law breakers on here I feel sorry for those guys :D

congrats tho' :cool:

p2501
03-Jul-2006, 01:33 PM
congrats!

axlish
03-Jul-2006, 01:44 PM
The Sheriff, indeed. Good luck!

Bunker65
03-Jul-2006, 01:44 PM
Congratulation's on your application being approved :). Hopefully your interview goes well & that you are finally able to fulfull your ambition of becoming a peace officer !!

HLS
03-Jul-2006, 01:51 PM
i been trying to get into the police force for several years now, its always been my ambition. but as some of you may already know, the greater manchester police is realyl hard to get into, they rarely recruit and when they do, thousands of people apply.

anyway, i got a letter today telling me my application has been successful and arranging an interview!

i dont normally post stuff about my personal life online but this is seriously the best thing ever. :D

just thought i'd let y'all know anyway, it'll be officer andy soon :cool:

Well that is fantastic! Sounds like just being granted an interview is a major step if they are so hard to get into. good luck! Way cool dude!:p

kortick
03-Jul-2006, 02:17 PM
great news

now you can do something about
those chavs people
are always complaining about

congrats

Venomous
03-Jul-2006, 03:19 PM
Think, man! Think! Do you really want to be a Bobby?

If anything, the world needs a fewer number of coppers, not more. From my experience, they're all miscreants and mixers, and do more harm than good, especially when it comes to defusing a situation. Usually, they're more inclined to further agitate the people. But then again, coppers are probably more respectable in England than they are here. For the most part, our law enforcement agencies are corrupt, even more so than our government. If you can imagine that.

But you seem like a straight shooter, so perhaps some good can become of a copper like you, instead of the socially inept thugs that are patrolling the streets right now.

When someone tells me that they're interested in being a copper, I can't help but think of that old James Cagney movie. "Come and get me, you dirty coppers!"

Or was it Bogart?

Oh well, it's only a northern song...

Graebel
03-Jul-2006, 06:39 PM
Good luck and have fun.:D

MinionZombie
03-Jul-2006, 06:44 PM
Sweet, good stuff there man...so it literally will be Sheriff Andy then, eh? :D

Arcades057
03-Jul-2006, 07:41 PM
Excellent! I've been trying for a while here in Delray myself. Are you gonna be one of the armed cops, or unarmed?

Eyebiter
03-Jul-2006, 08:40 PM
If you plan to become a police officer, better start on the physical training program ASAP. Good luck with the application.

Neil
03-Jul-2006, 09:16 PM
Great news! Now about this parking ticket I've just picked up :)

zombiegirl
03-Jul-2006, 09:28 PM
Congrats. There is nothing better than getting something that you have really wanted for a long time. I hope that it is everything that you want it to be.

MikePizzoff
03-Jul-2006, 09:38 PM
Good job!

[insert pork product joke here]