PDA

View Full Version : UK folks - Did Mick Philpott kill his six kids?

Neil
31-May-2012, 02:21 PM
If you're not aware of this case, Mick Philpott, aged 55, has 17 kids by 5 different women. He's had six of them with his current wife aged 31.

An arson attack on their house killed 5 of the children and severely burned another, who died a good many days later... He's and his wife have now been charged with their murders.

Wonder what evidence there is to back this up, and what their motive is suppose to have been?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/crime/sneers-from-the-public-as-mick-philpott-and-wife-appear-in-court-over-derby-blaze-which-killed-six-children-7807322.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4347701/Cries-of-scum-meet-Mick-Philpott-charged-with-murder.html

kidgloves
31-May-2012, 03:26 PM
I don't really follow the news but a mate of mine got a bad feeling/vibe off the father when they gave that press conference a few weeks ago. He said straight away that he thought he was involved.

Tricky
31-May-2012, 03:32 PM
Some good discussions on this here

http://www.arrse.co.uk/intelligence-cell/182549-move-over-karen-matthews.html

Neil
31-May-2012, 04:03 PM
What on earth could have been his motivation? Burn the place down to get a better one?

Tricky
31-May-2012, 04:14 PM
What on earth could have been his motivation? Burn the place down to get a better one?

It would seem that way and as per that forum, he likely didnt intend to kill the kids, he thought he could "rescue" them before the fire got serious, be hailed a hero & sell his story to all and sundry for more cash, but it didnt go to plan and the fire caught hold quicker than he anticipated. The grief on display is probably very real, but the deaths are likely to be down to their own greed and stupidity

Neil
31-May-2012, 04:19 PM
It would seem that way and as per that forum, he likely didnt intend to kill the kids, he thought he could "rescue" them before the fire got serious, be hailed a hero & sell his story to all and sundry for more cash, but it didnt go to plan and the fire caught hold quicker than he anticipated. The grief on display is probably very real, but the deaths are likely to be down to their own greed and stupidity

On a side note, how could he ever plan to pay for SEVENTEEN children, when seemingly not working much!? Didn't he think maybe when he reached 7-8 kids, and realised he couldn't afford them, he should stop there? I swear some of these people need to be sterilized!

READ THIS from a few years back - http://www.metro.co.uk/news/25355-unemployed-dad-of-15-is-to-be-a-father-again-twice

Wife Mairead and girlfriend Lisa Willis are both expecting, he told the Derby Evening Telegraph.

It reports he vowed to have a vasectomy, saying that he was "annoyed with himself".

"It's just one of those things that they've both fallen pregnant," he said.

jm343032
01-Jun-2012, 09:41 PM
If the did it simply to get a better house and sell the story etc they would both be charged with manslaughter, however they have been charged with murder which is premeditated. I personally found it strange that only the parents got out safely, as surely as a parent with all your children in a burning building you would risk death to save them, also the press conference looked very false and like they were acting how people would expect them to act, the distraught look just didn't fit.

I think the shocking reality is that they did in fact murder their children and the police must have enough evidence to think so on to of the number of people who have come forward with information but I don't think anyone will ever find out what made them murder their children and if it ever is found out it will be locked away in a case file.

rongravy
02-Jun-2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I watched part of a Jerry Springer like UK show with him and the two women he was diddling. He kept wanting to fight the host from time to time. He seemed pretty pissed off the whole time, and just a generally violent person. Which is a surprise because when you're banging two chicks regularly, it's hard to find energy for much else...
Can't remember the name of the show except the old guy called him Jerry on accident, so he corrected him by saying it was Jeremy.

Neil
02-Jun-2012, 03:35 PM
^^ Jeremy Kyle?

rongravy
02-Jun-2012, 05:19 PM
^^ Jeremy Kyle?
Yup, that's him.

Danny
02-Jun-2012, 05:46 PM
i actually know this guy, my moms next door neighbours are best mates with him. hes a total f*cking douchebag of billy Mitchell proportions and considering what a f*cking slum part of town he lives in- not that most of derby aint a slum at this point, and the way he treats his kids i would sincerely not be surprised. The folks next door told my mom about it when there was another dude in the city general in a life threatening situation they didnt pull through from and word was he was acting shady then. Got a total "balloon boys dad" vibe if you know what i mean

Neil
02-Jun-2012, 06:45 PM
Yup, that's him.He does those classy sort of "I slept with five men and I don't know which is the father of my baby," sort of shows!

rongravy
02-Jun-2012, 07:20 PM
He does those classy sort of "I slept with five men and I don't know which is the father of my baby," sort of shows!
I think that's why that old man called him Jerry, in reference to Springer. It's good to know you guys have crap tv the same as we do.
Nothing like idiocy bringing us all together, lol...

shootemindehead
03-Jun-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't really follow the news but a mate of mine got a bad feeling/vibe off the father when they gave that press conference a few weeks ago. He said straight away that he thought he was involved.

I got this impression off that conference too. The pair of them seemed to be trying too hard to squeeze a few tears out. It looked really fake. I actually felt horrible with myself for thinking that there was something suspicious going on with the parents.

When the Derbyshire police started looking at them, I wasn't surprised at all. Something stinks about the whole thing.

Neil
03-Jun-2012, 07:10 AM
I think that's why that old man called him Jerry, in reference to Springer. It's good to know you guys have crap tv the same as we do.
Nothing like idiocy bringing us all together, lol...
LOL! He's doing his show over the US instead now :)

rongravy
03-Jun-2012, 07:17 AM
LOL! He's doing his show over the US instead now :)
You know, strangely enough, I was flipping through the channel guide tonight and saw his show was on. I had a feeling I'd find your comment.
Stop exporting your crap to the U.S. We already have more than enough of our own.
:D
I keed, I keed.

Derby_girl
04-Jun-2012, 04:06 PM
Mr Philpott has been in trouble with the law before - he doesn't like women leaving him... a previous girlfriend, who was just a teenager at the time, broke off their relationship and he broke into her house and repeatedly stabbed her

In this situation, Lisa left him, taking her children - Mick was angry about this - his wife, Mairead, stated on facebook that he was having 'issues' including panic attacks - it seems they were trying to use health scares to try and make Lisa come back - no-one but the police know where Lisa is, but the rumours in Derby say she is in a womens refuge because he is violent - also that Mairead is terrified of him still - a man like that would be freaking out, having lost control of Lisa - he was due in court in the morning the fire started, trying to get access/custody of Lisa and his kids - knowing that stuff would come out about how violent he is, suddenly his other kids get killed - I guess it makes sure he stops Mairead taking them, in the most ultimate and extreme way!!

I also heard that the older boy had burns on him when he was found in bed - but the bed was undamaged by fire!! Now how the hell does that happen?

xkittenx
22-Jun-2012, 11:53 PM
Everybody has condemed this couple for the death of there 6 kids but what if they didn't do it? Remember this is a man who has a lot of enemies.Id like to know exactly what evidence the police have against them.I maybe wrong but i read the couple were awakened by the fire alarm but neighbours said there were not in the home how would nieghbours know who was in the house at that time of the morning? id also like to know how the couple got out the house if the petrol was poured through the letter box and how the poor kids actually died was it smoke that killed them or were they burnt to death.There has been a third man charged in connection with this crime why was he bailed? shouldn't he be remended like the couple and what involvement did he have?

I watched this man few yrs back on the Jeremy Kyle show and i found him to be very arrogant and aggressive but at the same time he come across as a loving father and a father that would do anything for his kids,its been said over and over what activities he did with them like taking the kids to football matches that they loved a father that has no time for his kids wouldn't take them to shop farless te football plus he could have walked away anytime from the kids but he didn't that doesn't sound like a father that doesn't care to me. Ive also noted a few people have said the press conference he made was stages you don't act as he did.how do you act when you have just lost 6 of your kids in a house fire? everybody deals with grief differently myself personally if i'd just lost my kids i couldn't even hold a press conference farless speak on one.

Someone commented its probably a plan thats turned to tragady he's started the fire intended to get all out the house but the fire caught hold to quickly and he couldn't get to them if hes done this to get housing and to sell his story then his kids have paid the ultimate price for his greed and stupidity thats something both him and her will have to live with the rest of there lives and both deserve to live long long lives locked up in general population in britains worst prisons.

These kids were cut down by people they trusted the most the very people who are meant to protect them there mummy and daddy the ones they would run to with a skint knee or if they were ill its heart breaking to even think they could do this to there kids i really hope the police have got it wrong its terrible what happened to them but its 100 times worse knowing it was there parents who did it..,,,,

you were a family of siblings for a short time in the world,you left the world together as siblings you entered heaven as siblings and you will play in the garden of heaven for eternity as siblings you will always be together sleep well little ones you are all loved and missed deeply by those who knew you .

SymphonicX
23-Jun-2012, 01:56 PM
I think this is a bit dark to speculate on, to be honest!

These people lived about 2 roads from my mum - she walks past the house all the time.

The locals are all gossiping about it and the theory is indeed supportive of a "deliberate accident" by the father - so to speak.

But we won't know until the court dates and if it isn't them, or even if it is, I'm not too comfortable with speculating too much.

It's an insanely tragic situation - and made worse by MORONS like Carole Malone who proclaimed that the attack was a revenge for their benefit claims - as some sort of cautionary tale to the people this f*cking snob believes are below her.

Shit like this really does bring out the worst in some people - but the best in others. RIP little kiddies.

Neil
23-Jun-2012, 02:31 PM
Everybody has condemed this couple for the death of there 6 kids but what if they didn't do it? Remember this is a man who has a lot of enemies.Id like to know exactly what evidence the police have against them.I maybe wrong but i read the couple were awakened by the fire alarm but neighbours said there were not in the home how would nieghbours know who was in the house at that time of the morning? id also like to know how the couple got out the house if the petrol was poured through the letter box and how the poor kids actually died was it smoke that killed them or were they burnt to death.There has been a third man charged in connection with this crime why was he bailed? shouldn't he be remended like the couple and what involvement did he have?
It was a pretty serious move by the police, so I suspect they have some pretty solid evidence!?

WaaWaamp
26-Jun-2012, 11:28 AM
His defence counsel made no application for bail - that says it all.
he has been found out, he knows he has and he's making no effort to defend himself.

Whether he killed his babies with fire because he wanted to make sure mairead never got them, or to show Lisa that he meant business or even the obvious one - that he wanted a bigger council house - is irrelevant.

Having sired seventeen children by myriad different women it is quite clear that this clunge ambler has the moral fibre of a caricature of adolf hitler dressed as a Domme and therefore is quite capable of murdering his own children.

It may be speculation but i can safely say that it's swinging more in the direction of guilt.

I live in a grotty estate such as the one he lived in, i know people like him; maybe not to that extent but really, they don't give two humps about their kids.

I do hope that when they put him in jail they don't pussy out and stick him on seg and instead put him in the general population; all those guys in there who genuinely love and miss their kids will tear him to pieces and shit on the entrails and he'll deserve it.

Prick.

Neil
06-Nov-2012, 10:17 AM
Another individual (in addition to the parents) has been charged?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-20215262

A man has appeared in court charged with the murders of six children who died in a house fire in Derby.

Paul Mosley, 45, of Cecil Street, Derby, was remanded into custody at the city's magistrates' court.

Jade Philpott, 10, brothers John, nine, Jack, eight, Jessie, six, and Jayden, five, died in the fire in May. Duwayne, 13, died three days later.

The children's parents, Mick Philpott, 55, and wife Mairead, 31, have previously been charged with murder.

The blaze broke out in Victory Road, Allenton, on 11 May.

Mr Mosley, who was arrested on Monday, will appear with Mr and Mrs Philpott at Nottingham Crown Court on Thursday.

Neil
08-Nov-2012, 12:05 PM
Charges denied...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-20238181

Going to be interesting to see the evidence against them!

A couple have denied murdering six of their children in a house fire in Derby.

Jade Philpott, 10, and her brothers John, nine; Jack, eight; Jessie, six, and Jayden, five, died on 11 May. Duwayne, 13, died three days later.

Their parents, Mick Philpott, 55, and his wife Mairead, 31, denied six counts of murder at Nottingham Crown Court.

A second man, Paul Mosley, 45, of Cecil Street, Derby, is also charged with their murders but did not enter a plea.

The fatal fire broke out at the family's home in Victory Road in Allenton.

Both parents wept as the charges were read out to them.

The date for a trial has been provisionally set for January 2013.

Neil
15-Feb-2013, 04:04 PM
Trial started this week:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-21473771
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Philpott-trial-day-5-Witness-tells-court-Philpott/story-18155487-detail/story.html#axzz2KzKNwGyp

Neil
14-Mar-2013, 03:21 PM
Petrol on his clothes? And recorded possibly saying, "I didn't mean to do it!"

Not looking good is it! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21627017

Oh and his wife had sex with his mate on the pool table earlier in the evening - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-21716692 (No jokes about easy pinks and difficult browns please!)

Legion2213
14-Mar-2013, 08:22 PM
Petrol on his clothes? And recorded possibly saying, "I didn't mean to do it!"

Not looking good is it! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21627017

Oh and his wife had sex with his mate on the pool table earlier in the evening - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-21716692 (No jokes about easy pinks and difficult browns please!)

He's expecting people to believe that he didn't bathe or wash his clothes for 12 weeks? Not buying that.

Danny
14-Mar-2013, 10:50 PM
He's expecting people to believe that he didn't bathe or wash his clothes for 12 weeks? Not buying that.

I dunno, in that part of Derby.... :lol:

Neil
02-Apr-2013, 07:57 PM
Guilty - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-21875816

This is also sombre reading:-

...he had a violent past - he was jailed in 1978 for attempting to murder a 17-year-old ex-girlfriend.

He stabbed her 13 times as she lay sleeping after she ended their relationship, and also attacked her mother when she intervened.

Neil
15-Apr-2013, 02:25 PM
Child killer Mick Philpott 'quits prison mopping job after 35 minutes' as he's targeted by fellow inmates - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2308920/Child-killer-Mick-Philpott-quits-prison-mopping-job-35-minutes-hes-targeted-fellow-inmates.htm

Mick Philpott has quit his prison job after just 35 minutes, it was claimed yesterday.

The child killer was handed a £14-a-week cleaning role - his first job for a decade - at the high security Wakefield Prison, West Yorkshire.

But after complaining about the work, he left his mop and broom and stormed back to his cell.

shootemindehead
15-Apr-2013, 02:58 PM
No doubt there'll be a few people on the inside that will have it out for this creep.